The War Emblem thread

Colonel John

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:33 pm

And he wins in true War Emblem fashion. I like! :D
The artist formerly known as The Colonel.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Did War Emblem successfully breed any mares this year?
tachyon

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:47 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Did War Emblem successfully breed any mares this year?
I don't know yet...
We will know it in September when Shadai releases the number of mares covered by their stallions.
I'm always waiting for a 'positive surprise'.......
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

This is a bit of a surprise...War Emblem is returning to the States to reside at Old Friends. :o
http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... 19770/top/
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... d-friends/
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -september

According to the article, "War Emblem has refused to cover any mares for the last few seasons. Japan Stud Book records show the stallion has not had any registered offspring since 2012, when 13 foals were registered."
It's really too bad that he was so performance-challenged, since his offspring were such high quality.
With both Silver Charm and War Emblem residing there, it sure would be nice if Old Friends could find the funds to build a nice (and maybe heated?) barn for these senior Derby winners.
tachyon

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:37 am

Astra Emblem(JPN), 2013C. Daiwa Major(JPN) x Black Emblem(JPN), broke his maiden impressively at second asking going 1600m turf Niigata 1R Aug 2nd 2015.
2-1-1-0.
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001172231/
This colt can be something special! Black Emblem (War Emblem) is a wonderful broodmare. :D

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmu0ksODmY
1st. (#7) Astra Emblem(JPN) 1:34.8
WarEmblemluvr

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Tachyon, thanks so much for the beautiful pictures of War Emblem and the race videos of All Blush and Astra Emblem! They were both very impressive wins! All Blush really did win impressively on the dirt like War Emblem leading the whole way. And Astra Emblem's win on the grass was quite impressive as well! So glad to see an offspring of Black Emblem - how are her other offspring doing?

What are your feelings on War Emblem coming back to the USA? I placed my comments/feelings on Bloodhorse after the article of his return (used my same username). Of course I am so happy to have him return and it will be a little bit easier to try to go see him now! I just want him to be safe, healthy, and happy and I always thought he was happy having a job. I do hope he enjoys his new home. Regardless of his reputation, when I saw him in person, I believed he loved attention and relished the spotlight. I hope he gets lots of love and attention. I am however bummed that there will be no more War Emblem offspring and so far none at all in the USA. I have truly enjoyed following all of his offspring in Japan and I sure hope you continue to post about them Tachyon! Thank you so so much! I had always planned on visiting Japan some day to try to see War Emblem and possibly one of his offspring race. That trip was going to be delayed by the birth of my daughter (she is a year old now!) but I truly kept faith that I would try to make that trip happen some day.

I feel like once they stopped sending Click Here to War Emblem (his favorite mare by Sunday Silence), that he said well, that's the end of that for me. :(

Too bad he can not be tried for breeding in the USA at some point. Perhaps some day someone will bring one of his offspring/descendents here/buy one and bring them here. Could be a race prospect or broodmare, etc.. Just can't be sure if this will happen unfortunately. I wish I had the money to do so!

In the meantime I wish/pray War Emblem a safe trip back and happy home and hope that things go well for him and hope to see him soon!

Let me know your thoughts Tachyon.
tachyon

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am

Hi WarEmblemluvr,

I do think that this is great news. :D
Shadai is not a bad place.
But I do believe that Old Friends is going to be the best place for him. :D
As a minor follower of War Emblem (I must be one of the very few Japanese who saw him in person while in the US, though.... haha!), I'm so glad that he will be able to see huge US fans who truly loved him and continue to love him.
Horseracing is a global sport.
And War Emblem, with his race record & stallion quality as well as his unique character, was much more popular here than one could have imagined. Yes, his unique character was also very much loved by Japanese racing fans.
But it's always great to see horses return to his/her home country after his/her retirement.
Everyone here wishes him a happy retirement and a safe trip to the US!! :D

I read your posts on bloodhorse, WarEmblemluvr.
I always knew how much you loved War Emblem (of course!!).
But, as someone put it, your comments are ''post(s) of undeniable love and sweet honesty - and quite a pleasure to read'', again!! :D :D :D
And I agree with your comments, especially when you said ''He certainly chose wisely and put his all into the offspring he has''.
It's been a lot of fun following his offspring in Japan, too.

I still don't know when exactly War Emblem leaves Japan.

In the meantime, I've come across another picks of War Emblem that were taken by ''Peetaro'' who visited War Emblem this winter and shared picks earlier in his blog.

Colonel John

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:46 am

I'm such a sucker for handsome black horses like him and Sunday Silence. He looks so lovely especially against all that white snow.
The artist formerly known as The Colonel.
WarEmblemluvr

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Tachyon, your post actually made me cry! I mean good emotional tears. Your words were so kind. Thank you so much for your kindness! Without you, I/we would not have known much of what was going on with War Emblem or his offspring in Japan...thank you again so much! I hope you continue to tell us about his offspring there. I guess WE will never meet Click Here again. :( How sad. I am so glad WE was popular in Japan. Too bad it didn't seem that the general public had easy access to him? Will they be sad to see him go? I hope by some miracle one of his offspring will make it here to race and/or breed. Again, praying for a safe trip and hoping to see him some day soon! :D

The pictures you posted were awesome! The one looks like he is winking! ;)
tachyon

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:54 am

I have just come across the most recent pick of War Emblem. :D

at Shadai, Sep 14th 2015

Yusuke Tsutsui, who took care of War Emblem at Shadai, said, ''I've never seen any horse as bright as War Emblem.''
tachyon

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 pm

War Emblem is now in quarantine.
He is slated to leave from Narita Airport on Oct 8th and arrive in the states on Oct 9th.

source: uma-furusato.com, an official source for breeding in Japan.

http://uma-furusato.com/news/detail/_id_82514
tachyon

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:42 am

WarEmblemluvr

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks Tachyon so soooooooooooo much for the beautiful pictures and information! I am praying for War Emblem a safe trip today or last night and throughout! I heard he will be on the same plane as Empire Maker! Your comment you posted from his caretaker warmed my heart so much and confirmed everything I saw about War Emblem when I saw him in person and always believed! <3
'Yusuke Tsutsui, who took care of War Emblem at Shadai, said, ''I've never seen any horse as bright as War Emblem.'''
I am sure Yusuke Tsutsui will miss him very much! :(

Thanks again so much and please continue to tell us how is offspring are doing....
tachyon

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:34 am

You are welcome!
I've just learned a few hours ago that Empire Maker would leave from Japan on Oct 22nd.
I saw both War Emblem and Empire Maker in person when I lived in the US and it's like yesterday. ;)

Both will be missed here.
But, like most of Japanese fans, I'm very glad that both can now return to their home country where many fans are waiting.
I really liked recent picks of War Emblem, too.
It was a shame that he was not fulfilled as a stallion.
But we all now should understand that he was picky because he was extremely bright. :D :D ;)
And he left some wonderful babies at least.
It sounds like Civil War got some good number of mares despite of his late arrival to stud this year.
But I'm waiting for the confirmation.
Stay tuned! :D
tachyon

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:34 am

War Emblem has arrived in the states.

Kurenai
Site Admin

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Aaaaand he's landed: https://www.facebook.com/oldfriendsequi ... nref=story Still looking great!
WarEmblemluvr

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Tachyon, I started this many days ago and didn't know I hadn't finished! Thanks so much for letting us know WE arrived safely! :) So glad to hear that!!! So good to see new pictures of him and he looks great! It has been a long while since he has been on a plane!

Thanks also for the kind post and the news that Civil War seemed to have been popular? That is so exciting! I look forward to his babies!!! I never understood why they didn't pick more of his sons to be stallions, especially with so few. I think Shonan Alba would have been a good prospect as a stallion. And Kings Emblem! Did you say he has another career? And I think any of his first four sons out of his first crop, Admire Million, Clan Emblem, Shonan Raijin, and War Games. There was also War Tactics! And too bad Danon Programmer I see is a gelding, by his favorite mare, Click Here. Even Peace Keeper. They are all good horses! I don't know why they wouldn't have picked several of these to be stallions?

And I do believe War Emblem was picky because he is bright and has a mind of his own! :D

Let's hope his transition goes well!
tachyon

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:46 am

Danon Programmer(JPN), G9. o/o Click Here(JPN) by Sunday Silence(USA), won in the Shinetsu Stakes (open-class) 1400m turf Niigata 11R on Oct 18th 2015.
46-7-3-5.

--replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3x0d8Brl8
Please focus on #11 horse who trails early!!

Bright Emblem(JPN), 2012C. Neo Universe(JPN) x Black Emblem(JPN), is set to run in the G1 Kikuka Sho (Japanese St Leger) next Sunday.
tachyon

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:20 am

War Emblem (Sep 2015)
tachyon

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:24 am

That was a real scary.
But, fortunately (and even miraculously), Robe Tissage was okay after a bad spill in the G2 Swan Stakes today.
I'm so relieved.
Robe Tissage (#8) was interfered by other horse (#10) when she was seriously in contention.

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qgdDetLmD8

-- patrol video
http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/web/jra/o ... pe=2&thum=