Page 12 of 15

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am
by Cladan
Sparrow Castle wrote:Looks like Pendant My Flag's 2014 colt by Bernardini is ready to make his first start
Wednesday in a MSW at Belmont. PP 5 in a field of five, all of whom have starts behind them.
As I'm sure you are aware, Pendant is My Flag 's last foal.

Parade is also due to run on the same card and should be difficult to beat. Fingers crossed.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:14 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Pendant scratched out of the 1st, but Parade won very nicely in the 5th, a 1 1/16-mile Alw. on the dirt. She stayed along the rail, found just enough space and went through to win by open lengths.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 pm
by Cladan
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Pendant scratched out of the 1st, but Parade won very nicely in the 5th, a 1 1/16-mile Alw. on the dirt. She stayed along the rail, found just enough space and went through to win by open lengths.
The filly has been improving all summer and won nicely today. Dylan rides her well and she looks to have a future.

Fly So High is due to debut soon and has been working nicely.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:27 pm
by Cladan
MTO wrote:Is there a Phipps racing website which lists their horse roster for active runners and comments and such.

If not something official, is there a site from their trainer or even a fan site?
No official site.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:33 pm
by Cladan
Not too sure how many people read this thread anymore but a couple of points to make:

Carrumba and Blenheim Palace returned to Claiborne some time ago. Parade, Vagabond and Browse remain in training and each have a couple of wins so far. Hopefully, the fillies can add some blacktype as all 3 are due to be added to the broodmare band, all being well.

Fly So High just ran an encouraging 3rd on her debut and makes up a pretty good group of 2yo fillies. Barrier Island was an unlucky 2nd on her debut a while back, running green down the lane and was just caught near the wire. Closing Statement also ran 2nd on her turf debut earlier this pm. Add Tactical Affair and the exciting Cover Model to the list, hopefully there is plenty to look forward too.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:43 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Cladan wrote:Not too sure how many people read this thread anymore but a couple of points to make:

Carrumba and Blenheim Palace returned to Claiborne some time ago. Parade, Vagabond and Browse remain in training and each have a couple of wins so far. Hopefully, the fillies can add some blacktype as all 3 are due to be added to the broodmare band, all being well.

Fly So High just ran an encouraging 3rd on her debut and makes up a pretty good group of 2yo fillies. Barrier Island was an unlucky 2nd on her debut a while back, running green down the lane and was just caught near the wire. Closing Statement also ran 2nd on her turf debut earlier this pm. Add Tactical Affair and the exciting Cover Model to the list, hopefully there is plenty to look forward too.
I watched Fly So High's race today and she really did look good coming down the stretch. Hopefully, good things ahead for her and the other young fillies.

Thanks for the update, Cladan. I think TBC in general has lost a lot of posters, but I make an effort to keep up with this thread. I love that you share news about the stable, especially about the mares. I'm looking forward to hearing about the stable's breeding plans.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 am
by Gaelic Storm
I thought Fly So High ran pretty well but the gallop out was impressive.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:19 pm
by Sparrow Castle
So sorry to hear this. My condolences to everyone at the farm and all who loved her. She was so special! Paulick re-published my favorite photo of her (below).

Claiborne Farm‏Verified account @claibornefarm
Sad to share that #Champion Inside Information died this weekend at 26 from natural causes due to old age. Read more below.
Image

Champion Inside Information Dies At 26
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... n-dies-26/

Ray Paulick‏ @raypaulick
RIP Inside Information. After powerful 13 1/2-length victory in 1995 @BreedersCup Distaff, a rainbow appeared.
Image

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:43 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Browse (Medaglia d'Oro - Daydreaming by A.P. Indy) looked good winning an Allowance by 1 1/2 at Keeneland today. After having trouble in her previous race, she got a good ride by Jose Ortiz.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 17USA7.pdf

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 pm
by MTO
Hi Cladan:

Do you know if ASTICOU TRAIL(3yo filly Hard Spun x Carriage Trail) is retired?

She stopped racing in June of 2017 and no published works since then.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:30 pm
by Cladan
MTO wrote:Hi Cladan:

Do you know if ASTICOU TRAIL(3yo filly Hard Spun x Carriage Trail) is retired?

She stopped racing in June of 2017 and no published works since then.
I believe the intention was to keep the filly in training but I don't know if that remains the case.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:28 pm
by Cladan
Coming Attraction, Streaker, Caxambas Pass and Consequence were all sold at the November Sale. Criminologist was also sold to dissolve a partnership.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm
by Cladan
Fly So High broke her maiden nicely today.

Looking forward to next year.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:42 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Cladan wrote:Fly So High broke her maiden nicely today.

Looking forward to next year.
Was just coming here to post after watching her race. She was very impressive winning by more than seven lengths. Very nice!

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 17USA6.pdf

Flying High: Malibu Moon Filly Earns ‘TDN Rising Star’ Status
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/fl ... ar-status/

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:13 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Andy Serling‏ @andyserling
Belated figs from Thursday at #Aqueduct...big numbers....Fly So High got an 85 for her maiden win ( definitely feels like a Stakes horse ) and Sandy'z Slew got a 98 for his big turf sprint win.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:53 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Fire Away (War Front x Salute) just won the Artie Schiller Stakes at Aqueduct.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm
by Cladan
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Fire Away (War Front x Salute) just won the Artie Schiller Stakes at Aqueduct.
The Dorine family is further represented in Graded Stakes later in the week. Revved Up is due to run in the River City Stakes, having won by over 4 lengths at Churchill Downs in his prep. Parade is entered in the Comely Stakes over a distance that will suit her well if she is good enough.

Fly So High has been nominated for the Demoiselle and Tactical Affair, who was the other filly bought at last year's sale is entered to debut on the same card as Parade.

Really pleased with Fire Away's win yesterday. Salute has a really nice filly foal on the farm.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:26 pm
by Cladan
Storm Flag Flying has produced just 3 winners and today Revved Up became the first to gain some blacktype. A colt to look forward too next year.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:22 pm
by Cladan
Barrier Island won her maiden today. Plenty to look forward too next year.

Re: Phipps Horses

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:37 pm
by Sparrow Castle
And she continues to show impressive talent, while still figuring things out.

Fly So High finished 1st by 5 1/2 lengths, on January 4, 2018, at GULFSTREAM PARK in Race 9.
Off odds: .30
Your comments for this horse were: 2015 F Malibu Moon - Quiet Flight, by Quiet American; Shug-Phipps; KEENSEP16 $675K
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA9.pdf

Sky Still the Limit for Malibu Moon’s Fly So High
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/sk ... ly-so-high