Phipps Horses

Re: Phipps Horses

Postby Lakeway » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 am

Solika wrote:Finally made it back onto the site. I wish Cladan hadn't left. Hoping for POE to run well today. Did Hymn Book run his last race yesterday? If so, where will he be sent for his retirement?

Yes, very glad also to be back and really hope that Cladan will return. Yes, that was Hymn Book's last race. Shug mentioned that he has such a good temperment that they're hoping to retrain him to be a stable pony.
Thought POE ran a good race considering his time off and a different jockey...
Lakeway

Postby Flanders » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:24 am

Buckpasser wrote:I would be overjoyed just to see Point of Entry come back healthy in today's BC Turf. SantaAnita turf course looks like it is paved in asphalt. Winning would be icing on the cake.

Does anyone look at this thread anymore?

I do. I thought POE was way too far back for most of the race but he still ran great to get 4th. Still impressed he ran that well off the injury layoff.
Flanders

Postby Buckpasser » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Solicka, Flanders,

Agree with you, Considering the layoff, PoE ran a terrific race. I also believe that if Johnny V was his jockey, having learned from last year's race, would have put PoE closer to the pace. He was too far back, given the pace. He's a wonderful horse, I will miss him when he's retired.
Buckpasser

Postby monty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 am

Buckpasser wrote:Solicka, Flanders,

Agree with you, Considering the layoff, PoE ran a terrific race. I also believe that if Johnny V was his jockey, having learned from last year's race, would have put PoE closer to the pace. He was too far back, given the pace. He's a wonderful horse, I will miss him when he's retired.

What are the plans for POE?

And I check this thread at least every other day.
monty

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm

I see that Boisterous sold for only $350,000, to agent Steve W. Young. Does anyone know who he represents?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Solika » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 pm

I see that Orb has been retired to Claiborne and will stand for $25,000. Here's the link: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ne-in-2014

IIRC, POE will stand at Adena Springs, but I have not seen an announcement for his 2014 stud fee.

Checking the Keeneland November sales results, Salute was declared out of the sale, does anyone know if she was kept or sold privately? Voyage was RNA at $95,000. I don't know who Steve Young is representing regarding the sale of Boisterous.

Quite an eventful few days! Wishing Orb, POE, Hymn Book, and Boisterous well in their new roles. I'll have to get to Ky to visit!
Solika

Postby Lakeway » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm

I was hoping to see Orb back racing next year, but glad that he'll be standing at Claiborne.

Wonder if Boisterous will be kept in training? Haven't been able to find out who he was purchased for...

I've noticed through the years that mares that RNA are usually sold privately later, so going to assume that Voyage will be sold.
Lakeway

Postby monty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 am

Lakeway wrote:I was hoping to see Orb back racing next year, but glad that he'll be standing at Claiborne.

Why was Orb retired? Is there something I don't know?
monty

Postby Lakeway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm

monty wrote:
Lakeway wrote:I was hoping to see Orb back racing next year, but glad that he'll be standing at Claiborne.

Why was Orb retired? Is there something I don't know?

Read that he retired sound, so no idea. Lots of speculation that he just wasn't the same horse after the Triple Crown races....
Lakeway

Postby Lakeway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Once again, sure do miss Cladan who always let us know when the Phipps/Janney horses were running...
Two that I know of this weekend:

Abaco - Saturday at Churchill, race 8, the Cardinal Handicap (G3) (I'm fairly certain that Cladan said she was scheduled to be retired to the broodmare band - hoping so)
Sea Trial (Unbridled's Song x Storm Flag Flying) - Sunday at Aqueduct, race 4, MSW - this is her debut race

Best of luck, and safe racing for both...
Lakeway

PreviousNext

Return to Horse Followings