Interesting Horses for Adoption

Re: Interesting Horses for Adoption

Postby BlindLucky » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:59 pm

J Man (D'Wildcat x Musical Touch) wasn't all that successful on the track, with 2 wins in 21 starts and $60k in earnings. But his pedigree was fun to dig through, and he sounds like a real character :D

He is available through ReRun: http://www.rerunottb.com/virginia-horse ... ption.html

His 3rd dam is Grade 2 winner Igotrhythm, who is a half-sister to Slew Gin Fizz. His 5th dam is Lillian Russell, a half-sister to Mr. Prospector. That makes his 6th dam the multiple stakes winner Gold Digger. His 9th dam was the fantastic filly Myrtlewood, and his 11th dam is Frizette :D

Be prepared to be entertained for hours by J -cheeky, rambunctious and just a whole load of fun and character rolled into one highly attractive package! Standing 15.3hh and only 5 years old, he is stunning and has an incredible presence about him. He has 3 nice paces that are balanced with cadence and would have potential in all fields due to tremendous courage and athletic ability. He has clean legs and no vices and has been vet evaluated.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLetMsQLRag#t=66

Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Izvestia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:53 pm

J Man is adorable and sounds like a fun one.
Izvestia

Postby Izvestia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:38 am

Karakorum Legend is just so kind and beautiful looking. I love the write up about him. He has a lovely neck and a long beautiful face. *sigh*

http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... um-legend/
Izvestia

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:15 pm

I love the photos of him with the cat. So sweet.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Izvestia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:21 pm

Yes, that melted my heart. He just has such a kind eye. And that cheeky cat. So cute!
Izvestia

Postby serenassong » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Izvestia wrote:Yes, that melted my heart. He just has such a kind eye. And that cheeky cat. So cute!

Is the cat included, lol. He really seems like a sweetie.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby BlindLucky » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't know how she got this name, but...

Johnny Meatballs (Dunkirk x Flip Cat) is available via New Vocations: http://www.horseadoption.com/horseprofi ... meatballs/

"Johnny Meatballs is a 15.1h lightly raced 3yr old filly (2 maiden claiming starts). She is compact and athletic. She is also a very confident filly and is towards the top of the pecking order in our mare field."

I think her entire family is grey. She's by Dunkirk out of a Maria's Mon mare. Her second dam, Selina Kyle, is a Storm Cat half-sister to Black Tie Affair.

Isn't she a looker?

BlindLucky

Postby Sheepish » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I think she's gorgeous. It's been a while since I seriously regretted not being able to adopt (have three already and NO empty stalls) though I'd really rather never own another three year old, especially a mare. The only thing worse is a three year old CHESTNUT mare.

Still, I rather fancy having a pretty gray mare named Johnny...
Sheepish

Postby Izvestia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

She sounds sassy. Very pretty filly.
Izvestia

Postby BlindLucky » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:49 pm

I've been keeping my eye out lately for interesting prospects. A friend of mine just had to retire her OTTB from riding due to some spinal issues, so she's looking around again for a project horse. She's an equine vet to boot, so her horses always get the best of everything. Her mare is now a pasture ornament, but she's hoping to possibly pick up another in the near future. She's in VA, so the adoption groups in OH, KY, and the mid-Atlantic are definitely within her range.
BlindLucky

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue/Adoptions