Racing Trivia

Re: Racing Trivia

Postby Bookman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 pm

mchorseracecall wrote:Hew is my trivia question: Name all the racetracks owned by Churchill Downs Incorporated?

Currently, in alphabetical order:
Arlington Park, Calder, Churchill Downs, Fair Grounds

Just for info they had previously owned Hollywood Park. Any others? My mind is slipping.
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan
Bookman

Postby mchorseracecall » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Bookman wrote:
mchorseracecall wrote:Hew is my trivia question: Name all the racetracks owned by Churchill Downs Incorporated?

Just for info they had previously owned Hollywood Park. Any others? My mind is slipping.

Congratulations, Bookman, you've got the correct answers to my trivia question.

http://www.abcgiftsandawards.com/smbron ... racing.gif
mchorseracecall

Postby WaquoitNBroadBrush » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Bookman wrote:

Hoosier Park?
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Postby mchorseracecall » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:53 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Bookman wrote:

Hoosier Park?

Waquoit, in April 2007, Centaur Group bought Hoosier Park from the Churchill Downs Company for 8.2 million dollars.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... hill-downs
mchorseracecall

Postby Blue Jeans » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Trivia Question:

Name the only filly to win the Kentucky Oaks, Black-Eyed Susan Stakes, Acorn Stakes, Mother Goose and Coaching Club American Oaks. She was born the year Faye Dunaway won the Oscar for Best Actress.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. ~ Cowboy saying

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers
Blue Jeans

Postby tres borrachos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Blue Jeans wrote:Trivia Question:

Name the only filly to win the Kentucky Oaks, Black-Eyed Susan Stakes, Acorn Stakes, Mother Goose and Coaching Club American Oaks. She was born the year Faye Dunaway won the Oscar for Best Actress.

Davona Dale!
tres borrachos

Postby Blue Jeans » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 am

tres borrachos wrote:
Blue Jeans wrote:Trivia Question:

Davona Dale!

Cheers ... you're right! :D

http://www.pedigreequery.com/davona+dale
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. ~ Cowboy saying

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers
Blue Jeans

Postby Flanders » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:19 am

What Champion filly was Bold Ruler's first and last mare bred?
Flanders

Postby Blue Jeans » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:29 am

Flanders wrote:What Champion filly was Bold Ruler's first and last mare bred?

2nd ETA: Nevermind. Do you mean the mare he bred with to produce a champion filly? Gamely? With Gambetta?

ETA: Not sure I'm reading this question right, but that's not unusual for me. ;)

Blue Jeans

Postby Raven » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Who is the only horse in history to win both the SA Derby and SA Hdcp in the same year?
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
Raven

PreviousNext

Return to Trivia & Games