Cozmic One

Re: Cozmic One

Postby Charlie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:08 pm

All I have to say is thank God. They were wasting their time and the horses time by trying to make him a racehorse. Hopefully, he finds better luck in his new career.
Charlie

Postby Izvestia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Holy crap, there would never have been a reason for him to remain a stallion, this was the right thing to do. Zenyatta was a great racehorse, but her sons do not have to reproduce. Also, from a breeding standpoint, who would want to breed to a slow, late-maturing, giant? Zero sales potential, the only people crazy enough to want to breed to her sons, are her fans that don’t know the actual cost of breeding, raising, and training. Thank the heavens he was gelded!
Izvestia

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:59 pm

From a performance viewpoint, stallions can excel in dressage and show jumping. The stallions bring a great combo of beauty and contained power to Grand Prix dressage, and are often the medal-winning performers.
However, those are usually Warmbloods.
Coz' is a 17.2-hand TB and, from what I've read, headstrong and, um, opinionated about what he wants to do. Ignoring his doubtful value as a breeding stallion, his temperament alone probably meant that he wasn't going to keep his family jewels.
He's a gorgeous horse, and I hope he does well in his next career.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 pm

vertigineux has 2 sons; the gelded souper spectacular (giant's causeway) and a full to zenyatta who's racing in europe with limited success

her daughters aren't doing particularly well. a few we have yet to see, but i'm not hopeful. where's bailey's two Street Cry foals seem to be the most successful, and balance's Frankel foal deserves to be mentioned probably. i was chewed out for suggesting eblouissante might not need to add to the gene pool, but very little has happened since to sway me strongly from that stance. i hope i'm wrong about her, but so far vertigineux doesn't seem to be a broodmare of broodmares (is that a thing?)
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby middleground » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:42 pm

sweettalk wrote: i was chewed out for suggesting eblouissante might not need to add to the gene pool, but very little has happened since to sway me strongly from that stance. i hope i'm wrong about her, but so far vertigineux doesn't seem to be a broodmare of broodmares (is that a thing?)

Eblouissante has a 2017 filly by Dansili, I think.
middleground

Postby sweettalk » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:59 pm

i hope her foals run better than her sisters' foals have run. did coolmore get her, or another euro farm?
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:26 am

sweettalk wrote:i hope her foals run better than her sisters' foals have run. did coolmore get her, or another euro farm?

Summer Wind (Jane Lyon) bought Eblouissante in foal to Dansili at the 2016 Tattersalls December Mare Sale. She had a filly earlier this year. Mariasmon posted she was bred to Dubawi in 2017. The plan was to bring her back to the states eventually, and she may have returned already.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:40 am

Oh! What fun news.

I am interested to see if this brings interest in aftercare options for ALL Thoroughbreds to the Zenyatta fan crowd. Coz is definitely a fine ambassador for the move into second careers, being who he is. I'm excited to see where he goes!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby sweettalk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:14 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
sweettalk wrote:i hope her foals run better than her sisters' foals have run. did coolmore get her, or another euro farm?

Summer Wind (Jane Lyon) bought Eblouissante in foal to Dansili at the 2016 Tattersalls December Mare Sale. She had a filly earlier this year. Mariasmon posted she was bred to Dubawi in 2017. The plan was to bring her back to the states eventually, and she may have returned already.

very cool. thanks for the info =)
sweettalk

Postby Flanders » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:29 am

sweettalk wrote:vertigineux has 2 sons; the gelded souper spectacular (giant's causeway) and a full to zenyatta who's racing in europe with limited success

her daughters aren't doing particularly well. a few we have yet to see, but i'm not hopeful. where's bailey's two Street Cry foals seem to be the most successful, and balance's Frankel foal deserves to be mentioned probably. i was chewed out for suggesting eblouissante might not need to add to the gene pool, but very little has happened since to sway me strongly from that stance. i hope i'm wrong about her, but so far vertigineux doesn't seem to be a broodmare of broodmares (is that a thing?)

I think Vertigineux's daughters have done well. Not all of them are going to be stakes producers. Two of them already are graded/group stakes producers out of 4 with foals of racing age. I don't know what you expect but I think you are setting your expectations way to high.

You think Eblouissante shouldn't have had a chance to be a broodmare but you thought that Cozmic One should get a chance at stud?? You confuse me.
Flanders

PreviousNext

Return to Racing