"Bubble" and "Watch" horse thread

Re: "Bubble" and "Watch" horse thread

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 am

I think this one belongs here too. Threewisemen, 2005 G Wiseman's Ferry - Our Mill Flower, by Boone's Mill. Owned and trained by Russell Polichena. Raced mostly at Thistledown and Mountaineer; his two December races were at Mahoning Valley. 2014 stats: 14-0-0-1 $1,965.
Starts: 106
Firsts: 6
Seconds: 6
Thirds: 14
Earnings: $67,599
Earnings Per Start: $638
Sparrow Castle

Postby serenassong » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:06 am

Ponyrcr made me aware of this

"I just got an entry notification for a horse I follow named Thabazimbi. He hasn't run since Oct. 2012. He shows two works, both a CD. One in Nov. and one in Dec. Both works were the slowest of the day. He's 10 years old. He's entered on Saturday at Turfway Park in the 9th race."

Yeah, this horse needs NOT to be running. Back in 2009, he was third in the Louisville and Bowling Green Handicaps.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... registry=T
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby PONYRCR » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Not sure if he belongs here or not. Fighting City Hall is 12 yrs old. He just ran dead last yesterday in a $5,000 claimer at Portland Meadows. He's a stakes placed winner of 15 races and has 105 starts. He won 5 starts back and won a total of 3 races in 2014. Maybe is an old warrior who loves his job, but I cringe every time I get an entry or result notice for him.

PONYRCR

Postby PONYRCR » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:36 pm

serenassong wrote:Ponyrcr made me aware of this

"I just got an entry notification for a horse I follow named Thabazimbi. He hasn't run since Oct. 2012. He shows two works, both a CD. One in Nov. and one in Dec. Both works were the slowest of the day. He's 10 years old. He's entered on Saturday at Turfway Park in the 9th race."

Yeah, this horse needs NOT to be running. Back in 2009, he was third in the Louisville and Bowling Green Handicaps.

I just got a scratch notification for Thabazimbi.
PONYRCR

Postby peeptoad » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Be Bullish is entered at Aqueduct in an ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING $40,000 on 1/3/2015. Jacobson claimed him for $20,000 on 12/10/2014.

He won... and rather easily.
peeptoad

Postby Old Bones » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:01 pm

David Grening‏@DRFGrening
I'd expect Be Bullish to run back in Hollie Hughes on Jan. 18. He won that race last year and looked terrific today.
Old Bones

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Old Bones wrote:David Grening‏@DRFGrening
I'd expect Be Bullish to run back in Hollie Hughes on Jan. 18. He won that race last year and looked terrific today.

That would be three races in five and a half weeks...at age 10.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Catalina » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:

Just because Jacobson made a donation to Old Friends doesn't mean he actually wants to retire any horses there before they break.
Catalina

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Catalina wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:

Just because Jacobson made a donation to Old Friends doesn't mean he actually wants to retire any horses there before they break.

Let's hope and pray he's really an iron horse. My concern is this doesn't seem to be one of those horses who take care of themselves. He tries to win his races. 12 starts last year, went 3-4-2 $180,320, and didn't race Oct-Nov with Bruce Levine/Repole. I'm getting to the point when I just wish he'd start losing and tilt the balance sheet.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Le Beau Bai » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:20 pm

I am not impressed.

Fortheloveof Anna is apparently entered at Portland on the 13th in a claimer for a tag of $2,500.

She hasn't raced since September & she hasn't got a published work on Equibase. I've followed this horse for the past 4 years and thought she may have been retired as she is now 7, apparently this isn't the case :(
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

PreviousNext

Return to Racing