Trevor Denman Calling the Breeders' Cup For The Fans At SA

mchorseracecall

Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Bookman wrote:The GOOD news is that today is the last day of Santa Anita and Mr Denman's calls.

Hollywood Park: Live Racing Returns Nov. 7
And Trevor will return to call races at Santa Anita, on the day after Christmas. :idea:
Ioya Two

Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Good for him, but I think it bothers you MC, that 90% of us prefer Larry, or even someone else other than Trevor. And just because Larry calls them for the telecast, or for whatever reason in the future does NOT mean a disgruntled fan is going to attack Mr. Collmus for doing so. What is with your unhealthy obsession with Trevor Denman?
Pulpit 1994-2012
Apollo

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks for the links to Denman's calls. I had missed Friday's races and this was my first view of them. Unfortunately I knew the results but Denman's calls are always interesting.

Larry Collmus is a transitional caller who is acceptable for a brief period until the next great shows up. I hope it's not too long but I worry we may be stuck with him for perhaps a decade.

There's nothing at all remarkable about Collmus' calls. He lacks the anticipation of Denman, or even the passion toward the anticipation, and there's no threat of the creativity of Durkin. When Collmus got the big role a couple of years ago there was discussion that he was simply too bland. Now he obviously tries to counter that by upping his level of enthusiasm. But it sounds forced and his voice doesn't fit that style.

Long after their careers are over, Denman will still be famous and fans will struggle to remember Collmus. It's similar to Wimbledon with Bud Collins and the guy who replaced him on NBC. Try to remember his name. I can't, even though he filled that role for maybe two decades.

Collmus completely missed the Orb/Will Take Charge tandem in the Derby, and Will Take Charge's horrendous racing luck. That's partially why Will Take Charge was understated coming out of that race. Collmus never saw his move and didn't mention him at all. Granted, it was early on the turn and it would have required a special caller to detect it. Collmus didn't threaten that level. Predictably. I'm not saying Denman would have noticed, even at his absolute prime, but there was certainly a far greater chance than Larry Collmus at any point of his career.
halo

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 am

You must be listening to the wrong caller. Calling Collmus a "transitional" caller is pretty funny. Denman is on his way out, period. He's just bad. Collmus is a joy to listen to, and has always been.
mchorseracecall

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

Ioya Two wrote:Good for him, but I think it bothers you MC, that 90% of us prefer Larry, or even someone else other than Trevor. And just because Larry calls them for the telecast, or for whatever reason in the future does NOT mean a disgruntled fan is going to attack Mr. Collmus for doing so. What is with your unhealthy obsession with Trevor Denman?
Ioya, there were few complains by the fans who preferred to listen to Trevor's Breeders' Cup race calls. However, they watched the Breeders' Cup in the wrong source. If they wanted to watch the Breeders' Cup races with Trevor's call live, they should be going on to breederscup.com, calracing.com, or xpressbet.com, those are the websites where they can find Trevor's race call of all the Breeders' Cup races., instead of making vigorious complains about it. If Collmus was being assaulted or murdered by a disgruntled fan at the Santa Anita Racetrack's Autumn Racing Meet on Breeders' Cup Friday or Breeders' Cup Saturday, that suspect would be on trial right now to face charges of assault, and first degree murder, or even involuntary manslaughter. And if Collmus was being assaulted last Friday or Saturday, it would be all over the news, either it's on CBS2 News, NBC4 News, KTLA5 News, ABC7 Eyewitness News, KCAL9 News or Fox 11 News. Once the case is on trial, the suspect would be sentenced up to years in jail, possibly prison for life, or the death penalty, which is lethal injection in California. Good thing that stuff didn't happen; otherwise, it would be on the local news.
Horsebagger

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Apollo wrote:Thanks for the links to Denman's calls. I had missed Friday's races and this was my first view of them. Unfortunately I knew the results but Denman's calls are always interesting.

Larry Collmus is a transitional caller who is acceptable for a brief period until the next great shows up. I hope it's not too long but I worry we may be stuck with him for perhaps a decade.

There's nothing at all remarkable about Collmus' calls. He lacks the anticipation of Denman, or even the passion toward the anticipation, and there's no threat of the creativity of Durkin. When Collmus got the big role a couple of years ago there was discussion that he was simply too bland. Now he obviously tries to counter that by upping his level of enthusiasm. But it sounds forced and his voice doesn't fit that style.

Long after their careers are over, Denman will still be famous and fans will struggle to remember Collmus. It's similar to Wimbledon with Bud Collins and the guy who replaced him on NBC. Try to remember his name. I can't, even though he filled that role for maybe two decades.

Collmus completely missed the Orb/Will Take Charge tandem in the Derby, and Will Take Charge's horrendous racing luck. That's partially why Will Take Charge was understated coming out of that race. Collmus never saw his move and didn't mention him at all. Granted, it was early on the turn and it would have required a special caller to detect it. Collmus didn't threaten that level. Predictably. I'm not saying Denman would have noticed, even at his absolute prime, but there was certainly a far greater chance than Larry Collmus at any point of his career.
You must be Mrs. Denman?

The suggestion that Denman's calls are 'anticipatory' must be an inside joke. The only thing he anticipates is which of his 'stock lines' he's going to roll out each race.
mchorseracecall

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Apollo wrote:Thanks for the links to Denman's calls. I had missed Friday's races and this was my first view of them. Unfortunately I knew the results but Denman's calls are always interesting.

You must be Mrs. Denman?

The suggestion that Denman's calls are 'anticipatory' must be an inside joke. The only thing he anticipates is which of his 'stock lines' he's going to roll out each race.
I don't think Apollo is Mrs. Denman, Horsebagger. By looking at the screen name Apollo, I can tell it was a "he". Speaking of Trevor's "stock lines", which one are you talking about? "Outhere moving like a winner", "They would need to sprout wings to catch him"? I don't think he uses these catch phrases when he called the Breeders' Cup races for the on-track, internet, and online radio broadcast.
thinair

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I like when he says " perfect start " and two horses broke slow.
Northport

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:47 pm

mchorseracecall wrote:If Collmus was being assaulted or murdered by a disgruntled fan at the Santa Anita Racetrack's Autumn Racing Meet on Breeders' Cup Friday or Breeders' Cup Saturday, that suspect would be on trial right now to face charges of assault, and first degree murder, or even involuntary manslaughter. And if Collmus was being assaulted last Friday or Saturday, it would be all over the news, either it's on CBS2 News, NBC4 News, KTLA5 News, ABC7 Eyewitness News, KCAL9 News or Fox 11 News. Once the case is on trial, the suspect would be sentenced up to years in jail, possibly prison for life, or the death penalty, which is lethal injection in California. Good thing that stuff didn't happen; otherwise, it would be on the local news.
when has anything even remotely like that happened to make you think that Collmus risks his life every time he announces instead of Denman. Every time you mention someone getting assaulted or murdered for replacing Denman (which is every other post you make) you make it sound more and more like you are going to be the one doing it. For a riot or assault to happen, someone has to care - this is north american horse racing, not soccer in Brazil
weeeeeeeee
Bookman

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:52 pm

mchorseracecall wrote: (truncated)........................ If Collmus was being assaulted or murdered by a disgruntled fan at the Santa Anita Racetrack's Autumn Racing Meet on Breeders' Cup Friday or Breeders' Cup Saturday, that suspect would be on trial right now to face charges of assault, and first degree murder, or even involuntary manslaughter...............................
mchorseracecall, are you just trying to be a clown?

Justice doesn't work that fast in the real world. Perhaps in your little world of make believe racecalling and video games, though
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan
mchorseracecall

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Bookman wrote:
mchorseracecall wrote: (truncated)........................ If Collmus was being assaulted or murdered by a disgruntled fan at the Santa Anita Racetrack's Autumn Racing Meet on Breeders' Cup Friday or Breeders' Cup Saturday, that suspect would be on trial right now to face charges of assault, and first degree murder, or even involuntary manslaughter...............................
mchorseracecall, are you just trying to be a clown?

Justice doesn't work that fast in the real world. Perhaps in your little world of make believe racecalling and video games, though
Bookman, to be honest with you, I scare of clowns ever since I was a kid. I pursuit my career goal of becoming a race caller. Starting this Thursday, I will be practice calling all the races from Betfair Hollywood Park at home, while Vic Stauffer is doing all the announcing at the racetrack. How do you know justice doesn't work that fast, and when will the suspect be on trial, if Collmus was being assaulted on Breeders' Cup Friday or Breeders' Cup Saturday? If so, how are they going to charge this disgruntled racing fan?
blamethewinner

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Anyone who's confident that Denman would catch anything within a race needs to watch the Juvenile Fillies. He missed the breakdown of Secret Compass. Of course, Collmus caught it.
mchorseracecall

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Northport wrote: when has anything even remotely like that happened to make you think that Collmus risks his life every time he announces instead of Denman. Every time you mention someone getting assaulted or murdered for replacing Denman (which is every other post you make) you make it sound more and more like you are going to be the one doing it. For a riot or assault to happen, someone has to care - this is north american horse racing, not soccer in Brazil
Northport, Trevor Denman did announce all the Breeders' Cup races this year, for the fans at Santa Anita, the Breeders' Cup Simulcast Network on breederscup.com, calracing.com, xpressbet.com, and RTN and the Horse Racing Radio Network live. Have you seen all of the Breeders' Cup races with Trevor Denman's call that I posted on this topic? If you do, tell me what you think? Don't use the word replace, because Larry Collmus did not replace Trevor Denman for the NBC Sports telecast, it's just that NBC Sports did not broadcast Trevor's race call while Trevor is calling all the Breeders' Cup races for the fans at Santa Anita, fans who are watching it on breederscup.com, calracing.com, xpressbet.com, and RTN, and the Horse Racing Radio Network.
Mintano

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:34 pm

mchorseracecall wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:

You must be Mrs. Denman?

I don't think Apollo is Mrs. Denman, Horsebagger. By looking at the screen name Apollo, I can tell it was a "he". Speaking of Trevor's "stock lines", which one are you talking about? "Outhere moving like a winner", "They would need to sprout wings to catch him"? I don't think he uses these catch phrases when he called the Breeders' Cup races for the on-track, internet, and online radio broadcast.
"Mucho Macho Man! The more they asked the more he gave!" He just had to spit that line out awkwardly after the finish. Gave me a laugh, he couldn't help himself. How I miss Tom Durkin.
susan

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Good grief--isn't there a site we can railroad this pedantic proselytizer to--perhaps IluvTrevorforeve.gag to either play with his own ilk or play with himself ???

This is a truculent troll with an oversupply of Trevor onanism. Gross .
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 pm

susan wrote:Good grief--isn't there a site we can railroad this pedantic proselytizer to--perhaps IluvTrevorforeve.gag to either play with his own ilk or play with himself ???

Although, if it's all an act, as I suspect, it's a great one. The broken, substandard English is sidesplittingly hilarious coming from someone who dreams of replacing (or doing in) a seasoned North American racecaller. The ticking off of call letters and TV channels; the minute details of stakes schedules; the wide-eyed, innocent replies to postings that are obviously intended to make fun of him. All absolutely brilliant. We may just have a twisted genius in our midst in the form of mchorseracecall! I'll need some serious cheering up if tomorrow's vote kills Suffolk Downs, so stay with it, mchorseracecall!
susan

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 pm

We all have different ideas of what a genius is . The French thought Jerry Lewis was a genius too., I am happy that you are amused by him, but some people get a bang out of lighting farts as well ...

I can think of many more posters that trumped this bore in cleverness who I appreciated---Hermes, Negative Nancy, the late great Slewbopper et al ... This one is a humorless lightweight to me ...
mchorseracecall

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:07 pm

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
susan wrote:Good grief--isn't there a site we can railroad this pedantic proselytizer to--perhaps IluvTrevorforeve.gag to either play with his own ilk or play with himself ???

Although, if it's all an act, as I suspect, it's a great one. The broken, substandard English is sidesplittingly hilarious coming from someone who dreams of replacing (or doing in) a seasoned North American racecaller. The ticking off of call letters and TV channels; the minute details of stakes schedules; the wide-eyed, innocent replies to postings that are obviously intended to make fun of him. All absolutely brilliant. We may just have a twisted genius in our midst in the form of mchorseracecall! I'll need some serious cheering up if tomorrow's vote kills Suffolk Downs, so stay with it, mchorseracecall!
Waquoit is just being a racist right here. The fact is I am not a foreigner, and I am an American, I've been living in California for more than ten years. The reason why I type very fast with some errors in grammar is because I was always being warned for using this website by my family. They said that I might get a virus from the home computer. They even suspected that one of you guys might try to hack into my thoroughbredchampions.com account, steals my information, and use it for criminal attempt. I know that you guys would not hack into my account, and use it for criminal attempt, and you guys are not bunch of Edward Snowdens. However, I want people to respect my privacy, and I want my privacy to be protected.
thinair

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 pm

susan wrote:We all have different ideas of what a genius is . The French thought Jerry Lewis was a genius too., I am happy that you are amused by him, but some people get a bang out of lighting farts as well ...

I can think of many more posters that trumped this bore in cleverness who I appreciated---Hermes, Negative Nancy, the late great Slewbopper et al ... This one is a humorless lightweight to me ...

I'm with you. The idea that people even respond to this imbecile, much less even entertain the notion that it isn't just playing with them, is somewhere between pathetic and hilarious.

Stop feeding the troll. It's laughing at you.
EquineAnne

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 pm

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:

:lol: