Fire at San Luis Rey!?

Re: Fire at San Luis Rey!?

Postby Indiano » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 am

Also in the fire area is the farm Ocean Breeze Farm, where Square Eddie stands. Has anyone heard if they are o.k. there?
Indiano

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 am

These are the horses that Brian can't account for yet, many were among those seen running loose at the SLR. Rockingham Ranch is devastated. Praying they are all safe at Del Mar.

Brian Trump‏ @realBrianTrump
1m1 minute ago
If anyone at Del Mar sees the following horses we would greatly appreciate you letting us know. I’ve included their breeding as some halters have names and others show breeding. #prayingforthehorses
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:21 am

Indiano wrote:Also in the fire area is the farm Ocean Breeze Farm, where Square Eddie stands. Has anyone heard if they are o.k. there?

I've been looking for any word about the stallions, but heard nothing yet.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Diver52 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 am

I look at these names and I'm just sick. Although any lives lost are tragic. And there is no rain any time soon. But of course global warming is a liberal hoax. Hoping for good news for all the ones not yet verified as found and safe. This is dreadful.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 am

Heartening to see so many people in the industry donate to the fund. Raised $12,095 so far. BTW I think Sophie used to work for Graham Motion, anyway he vouches for her.
https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-san-luis-rey-downs
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:38 am

Steve Andersen‏ @DRFAndersen
2m2 minutes ago
The California Horse Racing Board said in a statement released Thursday evening that approximately 25 horses were lost in the San Luis Rey Downs fire. The facility had capacity for about 495. Many have been transferred to Del Mar for backstretch housing this evening. #drf
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:44 am

Diver52 wrote:I look at these names and I'm just sick. Although any lives lost are tragic. And there is no rain any time soon. But of course global warming is a liberal hoax. Hoping for good news for all the ones not yet verified as found and safe. This is dreadful.

I know, it's harder when you see their names. Two of these horses are in my VS. We know a lot of those horses were running loose and maybe among those herded into the infield. Sounds like some of those loose horses didn't make it.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:46 am

Looks like it will be awhile before we know about these "unaccounted for" horses.

Jeremy Balan‏Verified account @BH_JBalan
6m6 minutes ago
More from the CHRB advisory: "As of 7:30 p.m. some 30 horses at SLR were still in the process of being evacuated and an unknown number of horses housed in pastures surrounding the property were unaccounted for as darkness prevented a thorough search of those areas."
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:52 am

If there were about 400 horses at SLR and 25 known deaths then there are still a lot of unknows.

3m3 minutes ago
Del Mar racing secretary David Jerkens says there are now 250 evacuated Thoroughbreds now at the track.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 am

4m4 minutes ago
Multiple sources say owner/trainer Joe Herrick has been hospitalized after the fire at San Luis Rey. Can't report on his condition.

Jay Hovdey‏ @JayHovdey
51s52 seconds ago
Volunteers and vets tend to the San Luis Rey refugees at Del Mar. Long night ahead.
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Racing