Other Racing Message Boards?

Re: Other Racing Message Boards?

Postby stark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:46 am

Indiano wrote:I've been on this board since it started and we all migrated over from the AOL message boards. There just doesn't seem to be much activity, and its' really dead compared to how it used to be. I was wondering if people had moved elsewhere. Seems all the racing boards are gone -- Del Mar's, TVG's, etc. When I log in there are only a couple other non-bot people on.

What are some of the other names you've used in the past just to refresh our memories? Were you Lester on the Del Mar forum?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Many of the old regulars here got into arguments and left. Or life got in the way, like Som said. I mean - when I started posting here, I was in college and had all sorts of time to follow horse racing intensely. Now, I'm married with a career and a little kid. I post when I have a spare minute.

I don't recognize your user name, Indiano. Did you use any others in the past?
starrydreamer

Postby Summer Bird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:Well, there is one extremely active harness racing board frequented by a lot of trainers and owners, the unfortunately named Horseplop.com, but there are waaaay too many crazy political arguments and weirdly casual racism there. Like it's half racing forum and half angry old people off-topic ranting about illegals and welfare queens. Pace Advantage is like that too but at least they keep it confined to their political forum.

Lol you go to horseplop as well? All that you mentioned about it is true unfortunately. I only follow it to see what they say about the horses raised by my college once I go through useless posts about hating the Jewish.
Summer Bird

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

...posts about hating the Jewish.

Uhh...that doesn't sound like "casual" racism. :shock: Seems like plain old racist racism.
Guess I won't be checking out Horseplop.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Bookman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

stark wrote:

What are some of the other names you've used in the past just to refresh our memories? Were you Lester on the Del Mar forum?

That, sir, is classic. You win the internet.
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan
Bookman

Postby Starine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Although Ballerina and I have often butted heads, I agree she has a point about the OP. If you're disappointed that this forum isn't more active, and you yourself have contributed some 64 posts in the past three years... well, you certainly aren't helping. Instead of looking elsewhere, why not help stir up conversation here?

Yes, it's post-Breeders' Cup and pre-Triple Crown trail, but there is still a lot to talk about. The upcoming Pegasus Cup (which looks like a fantastic and competitive edition, by the way, the Arima Kinen in Japan, exciting two-year-olds debuting at Gulfstream...
Starine

Postby stark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Bookman wrote:
stark wrote:

That, sir, is classic. You win the internet.

Thanks, glad to see that some still have their sense of humor here!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Indiano » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

For all those harping on my 63 posts: You'll notice that prior to my activity this week, my last post other than a few on the 'waiting for news' thread was in August of 2016. I haven't been here.

Those few posts I made at that time didn't get a lot of response.

I though that I asked a fairly innocuous question. It wouldn't have been the first time that a online community picked up and moved to greener pastures. That's how this board got started in the first place. I didn't expect to get mocked and piled on. Good luck to you all. I won't be back.
Indiano

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

That's too bad.
I have found that when it comes to a racing forum, more members is good. Fewer members is bad.
And that when some members' first instinct is to snipe at some others, membership tends become fewer. Because racing forms are supposed to be fun, and snipers aren't much fun. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Tessablue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 am

I mean, the tone of the first post wasn't exactly friendly and you were literally asking for people to send you elsewhere. It's always a shame when people leave and good discussion is welcomed from anyone, but wasn't this the intended result anyways?
Tessablue

PreviousNext

Return to Racing