Ken Ramsey

User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:58 pm

stark wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:01 pm
Katewerk wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:31 pm

I understand this completely (as a competitive show dog breeder).
My wife ju$t left for the $how in Palm $pring$ thi$ weekend. If $he'$ real lucky, $he'll come home with a ribbon or two!
Entry fees- $120
Gas and hotels - $800
New show outfit - $250
Tasting the tears of your enemies - Priceless
stark
Posts: 4251
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:01 pm

And don't forget the new Lexus SUV that was purchased because the crates fit in it :lol:
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm

stark wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:01 pm
And don't forget the new Lexus SUV that was purchased because the crates fit in it :lol:
I needed an E-350 extended 1 ton before I was truly happy with my space. Plus a basket on the back for extra carrying capacity.

We typically haul about 60 -80 lbs of dogs.

Image
stark
Posts: 4251
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:02 pm

:lol:
It's all true!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9933
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:19 pm

So...what sort of truck would be needed if you happen to show Newfoundlands or Great Danes? A semi-truck? :o :lol:
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Boxers...

Image
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2141
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:26 pm

:shock: :shock: Can you actually make money in the dogshowing business to offset the cost of that rig??

I know making money in horses (racehorses that is) is hard enough, but at least in the showjumping world I am a part of, you can charge for lessons, board, not to mention buying and selling horses as investments.
weeeeeeeee
Horsebagger
Posts: 2001
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:31 pm

you getting write-offs for those rigs I assume, right?
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:31 pm
you getting write-offs for those rigs I assume, right?
It depends on how they're used (professional handlers, vendors, etc.) But I assume that if you can afford to own one, you can afford not to write it off.
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Northport wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:26 pm
:shock: :shock: Can you actually make money in the dogshowing business to offset the cost of that rig??

I know making money in horses (racehorses that is) is hard enough, but at least in the showjumping world I am a part of, you can charge for lessons, board, not to mention buying and selling horses as investments.
No money in the breeding and sales of the dogs themselves, but for those who service the sport there's sometimes a living to be made. The smart ones diversify into commercial boarding, grooming salons, retailing, etc. That's where a rig might get folded in as owned by the business.
User avatar
ElPrado2
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:51 am

Holy kibble, Batman!
Post Reply