Jerome Stakes (Grade 2) - 01/04/14

Jeff

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:The attack is on the grading of the race, not the horse. They renamed the Count Fleet Stakes the historical Jerome Stakes and gave it a G2. People are just too stupid to see that. That was the Count Fleet but they allowed the Jerome to be moved there and keep a Grade 2. It is a joke.

Some good horses have won the Count Fleet, but none were running in it today.

A grade 2 for 3yr olds in January on the inner AQ track is a joke.

"They" being the graded stakes committee. So what's your point?

I am amazed that even you don't get annoyed by your own whiny (and very little) voice.
dustino140

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 am

Sound of Freedom wrote:The attack is on the grading of the race, not the horse. They renamed the Count Fleet Stakes the historical Jerome Stakes and gave it a G2. People are just too stupid to see that. That was the Count Fleet but they allowed the Jerome to be moved there and keep a Grade 2. It is a joke.

I don't understand why you care so much. You seem to get very worked up over things that are completely inconsequential to your life - race grades, who should be eligible and receive end-of-year awards, etc.
dustino140

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:06 am

Sound of Freedom wrote:
Matt Converse wrote:Damn. Had the first three, missed the super on the 4th horse. The last eighth in 14 and change? Yikes.
Yikes is right but a generous 85 beyer, probably to help save some credibility for the "Grade 2" race. Give beyer a day to adjust it. lol
Isn't the 85 Beyer essentially saying that both of the top 2 finishers ran to their last races? Is that so difficult to believe?
Matt Converse

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:10 am

I was guessing the winner would need about an 88 before the race. They crawled home so that part was a little slower than expected so 85 seems about right. It's not a great number, not sure what difference it would make if it was an 81.
Sound of Freedom

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 am

Jeff wrote:

I am amazed that even you don't get annoyed by your own whiny (and very little) voice.
You have 26 posts, half of them stalking me. Use the block feature.
Ballerina

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 am

Jeff

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Not even close.

Like most of your observations.
dustino140

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:
Jeff wrote:

You have 260 posts, half of them whining about NYRA. Get new material.
Sound of Freedom

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:20 pm

dustino140 wrote:
Don't you NYRA Cult members have some tractor pulling to do. lol

NYRA is like the Communist Party of horse racing. Corruption and Incompetence with no profit except for party members.

Instead of getting the trains to arrive on time they value getting the toilets and tractors to work. lol
dustino140

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:
dustino140 wrote:
Don't you NYRA Cult members have some tractor pulling to do. lol

NYRA is like the Communist Party of horse racing. Corruption and Incompetence with no profit except for party members.

Instead of getting the trains to arrive on time they value getting the toilets and tractors to work. lol
"NYRA cult members"? What affiliation do I have to NYRA besides that I've been to Belmont and Saratoga?
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:20 pm

"Instead of getting the trains to arrive on time they value getting the toilets and tractors to work. lol"

So much for getting the tractors to work. :mrgreen:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... t-aqueduct