Stallion Headshots Collection

User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am

As of now he is still leading second crop sire here in the U.S. but it seems to me that with Justify in the picture WinStar has all but forgotten about bringing him back.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2867
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Treve wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am
As of now he is still leading second crop sire here in the U.S. but it seems to me that with Justify in the picture WinStar has all but forgotten about bringing him back.
If they are bringing him back it wouldn't be in the middle of the breeding season. He would have to go into quarantine in South Korea and then again in the US. Plus because he is a breeding stallion, once arriving in the US he would have to cover mares and then they wait to see if he has any contagious diseases. So if he is coming back before next breeding season, I would imagine it would be in the next couple months.
There is something weird though. Normally you can look up a stallion's book of covered mares and he doesn't have one for 2017.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:46 am

Flanders wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 pm
Treve wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am
As of now he is still leading second crop sire here in the U.S. but it seems to me that with Justify in the picture WinStar has all but forgotten about bringing him back.
If they are bringing him back it wouldn't be in the middle of the breeding season. He would have to go into quarantine in South Korea and then again in the US. Plus because he is a breeding stallion, once arriving in the US he would have to cover mares and then they wait to see if he has any contagious diseases. So if he is coming back before next breeding season, I would imagine it would be in the next couple months.
There is something weird though. Normally you can look up a stallion's book of covered mares and he doesn't have one for 2017.
My thought was more along the lines of if Korea racing is writing updates about him and all, he's probably there to stay. And for the reasons you've listed above if a deal had been finalized we would know by now. Don't forget SK is in the Northern Hemisphere so breeding season IS over for them as well.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1312
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 am

The article the picture is from, that was posted August 4, is actually an article about the stallion standings halfway through the racing year. After doing some snooping I'm pretty sure once the new year rolls around they erase the "covered broodmares" section, since Colonel John and others who have been there longer have no mares listed for 2018 or 2017. Could be wrong.

Probably gonna start a South Korea breeding/racing thread for these discussions.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2867
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 am

Treve wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:46 am
Flanders wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 pm
Treve wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am
As of now he is still leading second crop sire here in the U.S. but it seems to me that with Justify in the picture WinStar has all but forgotten about bringing him back.
If they are bringing him back it wouldn't be in the middle of the breeding season. He would have to go into quarantine in South Korea and then again in the US. Plus because he is a breeding stallion, once arriving in the US he would have to cover mares and then they wait to see if he has any contagious diseases. So if he is coming back before next breeding season, I would imagine it would be in the next couple months.
There is something weird though. Normally you can look up a stallion's book of covered mares and he doesn't have one for 2017.
My thought was more along the lines of if Korea racing is writing updates about him and all, he's probably there to stay. And for the reasons you've listed above if a deal had been finalized we would know by now. Don't forget SK is in the Northern Hemisphere so breeding season IS over for them as well.
Yes it is over now but it really wouldn't have been for that long. Even in the US the breeding shed is open into June and even into late July if a breeder wants to send a mare. Passing US quarantine for a breeding stallion is a month. In my opinion is better for them to wait and see if he passes quarantine before announcing anything. There have been incidents of Taylorella equigenitalis which is the bacterium that causes CEM.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2867
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:17 am

Mylute wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 am
The article the picture is from, that was posted August 4, is actually an article about the stallion standings halfway through the racing year. After doing some snooping I'm pretty sure once the new year rolls around they erase the "covered broodmares" section, since Colonel John and others who have been there longer have no mares listed for 2018 or 2017. Could be wrong.

Probably gonna start a South Korea breeding/racing thread for these discussions.
It looks like none of the stallions that were imported for the 2017 breeding season have covered broodmares. However anyone imported 2016 or before, does have a list.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Flanders wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 am
Yes it is over now but it really wouldn't have been for that long. Even in the US the breeding shed is open into June and even into late July if a breeder wants to send a mare. Passing US quarantine for a breeding stallion is a month. In my opinion is better for them to wait and see if he passes quarantine before announcing anything. There have been incidents of Taylorella equigenitalis which is the bacterium that causes CEM.
Yes I am aware. But for him to go through quarantine that would mean plans were being made attempting to bring him back. Given the reaction to Justify's retirement, from a purely PR pov it would make sense to announce that WinStar was still looking at bringing back TCI. Their last announcement on the matter was sometime before the Kentucky Derby and they said they would discuss it.
My point is there is no update because likely the matter has been dropped. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but Empire Maker was announced as coming home before he went through quarantine and several months before his actual arrival. If a deal had been struck by now we would know.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1312
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Forest Camp getting a bath in Korea!


Image

(Photo from KRA Official Twitter)
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
RugbyGirl
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Wahoo! I want to celebrate becoming a member with a headshot of one of my favourite horses Sacred Falls his oldest progeny have just turned two (hope this works)
Attachments
sacredfalls-1.jpg
sacredfalls-1.jpg (10.37 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Welcome! And that's a cute shot of Sacred Falls. :mrgreen:
RugbyGirl
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Thank you! This isn't quite a headshot or a confirmation shot but here is my favourite pic of champion New Zealand sire Savabeel
Attachments
images-32.jpg
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Here is USA born Postponed (Summer Squall) now 22yo he stands at Westbury Stud. Though not officially retired he has had declining fertility the past few years but Westbury are very good at looking after their older horses and he has a good home for life there.
Attachments
untitled-902.jpg
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4091
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Good to know he has a home for life, RG. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Maurice being Maurice LOL... :lol:
Grant Courtney @paomaphotos

Touch this fellas nose, and out pops his tongue. @LisaGrimm9 has a new best buddy in @ArrowfieldStud stallion Maurice
Image
RugbyGirl
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Valachi Downs are standing their first stallions this year and it appears they have already trained their stallions to do their own advertising. Now I want a Zacinto hat!
Attachments
39585311_1859666504070582_60623910059638784_n.jpg
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2095
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 pm
Maurice being Maurice LOL... :lol:
Grant Courtney @paomaphotos

Touch this fellas nose, and out pops his tongue. @LisaGrimm9 has a new best buddy in @ArrowfieldStud stallion Maurice
Image
I would kill to boop that nose!
weeeeeeeee
RugbyGirl
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:07 am

SPIETH by Thorn Park out of Stella Livia by Titus Livius is currently in his first season at stud at Aquis Farm NSW
Attachments
IMG_20180906_210055.jpg
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
RugbyGirl
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 pm

From last week one of my favourites the always droolworthy So You Think (High Chaparral)

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaroSearcc/s ... 9196073984
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:00 am

Loved that horse. He danced every dance - Melbourne Cup, World Cup, Champions' Stakes, Arc and even the BC Classic on DIRT. :shock:
It's too bad that Aiden didn't figure out how the horse needed to be trained sooner, or he might have acquired an even better international win record than he did.
Best forelock around. :D Thanks for the links, RG.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 1312
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Tamarkuz

Image

(Photo from Shadwell Farm)
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Post Reply