Page 82 of 98

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm
by lurkey mclurker
Isla Bonita (JPN) upon arrival at Shadai.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/umaichi_news/e/c2 ... c421302d43
Image

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:20 pm
by lurkey mclurker
Lord Kanaloa (JPN) at Arrowfield Stud, NSW Australia
Arrowfield Stud Verified account
@ArrowfieldStud
1h 1 hour ago

This Incredible Hulk of a horse is Japanese Champion Sprinter & Champion Japanese first season sire elect Lord Kanaloa, who hit the Japanese breeding scene with the speed and brilliance he did as a racehorse. Arrowfield offers two fillies by Lord Kanaloa at Magic Millions.
Image

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Holy ****. :o
Doc Allred's Quarterhorse stallions want their muscles back. :P
I hope someone is riding that big boy regularly. I'd hate to see photos of him ten years down the road looking like Secretariat...just before the laminitis. :?

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:19 am
by Northport
Shadai Stallions get handwalked and lunged daily, not ridden. Not sure what the protocol is at Arrowfield.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:07 am
by hadrianmarcus
lurkey mclurker wrote:Lord Kanaloa (JPN) at Arrowfield Stud, NSW Australia
Arrowfield Stud Verified account
@ArrowfieldStud
1h 1 hour ago

This Incredible Hulk of a horse is Japanese Champion Sprinter & Champion Japanese first season sire elect Lord Kanaloa, who hit the Japanese breeding scene with the speed and brilliance he did as a racehorse. Arrowfield offers two fillies by Lord Kanaloa at Magic Millions.
Image
Pretty sure Lord Kanaloa is not standing at Arrowfield Stud. He's not mentioned on their website. Arrowfield does stand Real Impact, Mikki Isle, and Maurice...so their investment in Japanese breeding is pretty substantial.
I think Arrowfield sent a couple mares to Japan to be bred to Lord Kanaloa and those foals are going to auction soon.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am
by mariasmon
Tu Brutus (CHI)

Image

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:19 pm
by lurkey mclurker
hadrianmarcus wrote:
Pretty sure Lord Kanaloa is not standing at Arrowfield Stud. He's not mentioned on their website. Arrowfield does stand Real Impact, Mikki Isle, and Maurice...so their investment in Japanese breeding is pretty substantial.
I think Arrowfield sent a couple mares to Japan to be bred to Lord Kanaloa and those foals are going to auction soon.
Yeah sorry I should have clarified - Lord Kanaloa is at Shadai, the tweet was from Arrowfield & it's their photo. :roll:

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:57 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
I've become a huge fan of the late Scat Daddy and his offspring, but.....
IMO, Tu Brutus is not one of his better-looking sons.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm
by starrydreamer
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I've become a huge fan of the late Scat Daddy and his offspring, but.....
IMO, Tu Brutus is not one of his better-looking sons.
I agree. I don't know what it is about him, but I'm just not a big fan.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:46 pm
by Ridan_Remembered
starrydreamer wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I've become a huge fan of the late Scat Daddy and his offspring, but.....
IMO, Tu Brutus is not one of his better-looking sons.
I agree. I don't know what it is about him, but I'm just not a big fan.
Perhaps it's just the odd juxtaposition between the large stallion and the seemingly very short fence. The proportion just seems all off.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 pm
by serenassong
Ridan_Remembered wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I've become a huge fan of the late Scat Daddy and his offspring, but.....
IMO, Tu Brutus is not one of his better-looking sons.
I agree. I don't know what it is about him, but I'm just not a big fan.
Perhaps it's just the odd juxtaposition between the large stallion and the seemingly very short fence. The proportion just seems all off.
I know that its hard to get some stallions stand a certain way, but

The front legs need to be a bit more together, one forward that much more than the other makes him look unbalanced

The lip chain and the fence isnt doing him any favors either.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 pm
by mariasmon
The front legs on Tu Brutus are not positioned ideally in the photo.

Edit: Ha, I didn't see serenassong's post when I made the comment.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm
by Ridan_Remembered
The following photos are from Taylor Made Stallions Twitter page: https://twitter.com/tmstallions?lang=en
None are official, professional conformation shots, but were taken when the stallions were shown recently.

Mshawish
Image

Midnight Storm
Image

Not This Time
Image

California Chrome
Image

Here's a short clip of Chrome walking, same day photo was taken: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/951148376946601985

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
'Chrome doesn't seem to ever take a bad photo, and IMO it's because he's a naturally high-headed and alert individual. When the horse has his head raised on a long, arched neck, it just makes everything look better. ;)

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 pm
by Izvestia
Midnight Storm’s neck ties into his chest and shoulder weirdly. I ❤️ Mshawish, he’s awesome!

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 am
by starrydreamer
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:'Chrome doesn't seem to ever take a bad photo, and IMO it's because he's a naturally high-headed and alert individual. When the horse has his head raised on a long, arched neck, it just makes everything look better. ;)
Helps that he's pretty well conformed, too. But yeah, he always seems bright eyed and bushy tailed, and that goes a long way. He's so lovely.

I wasn't too keen on Not This Time's conformation photo, but I still think he's a nice-looking individual.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm
by Starine
Not This Time and Mshawish are both very handsome horses; I don't think photos do them justice.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 pm
by Ridan_Remembered
Starine wrote:Not This Time and Mshawish are both very handsome horses; I don't think photos do them justice.
I agree...all of those photos were just shots taken when the stallions were being shown, and the photos are not professional conformation shots. But I enjoy seeing stallions in more natural views such as when they are walking or moving around in their paddocks, so I like all of these photos.

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 pm
by Miss Woodford
Casual photo of Arrogate at Juddmonte, taken by Sean Clancy last week.
Image
He's starting to dapple out :D

Re: New Conformation Photos

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:30 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
I know Arrogate was a tremendous racehorse and he must have a runner's body to have done so well, but...
I'm sorry, but IMHO he's a rather unattractive horse. :oops: