Matings 2016

Post Reply

Best/favorite Stud Farm in USA

Ashford Coolmore Stud
3
5%
Calumet Farm
5
9%
Claiborne Farm
7
13%
Darley
6
11%
Gainesway
5
9%
Lane's End
11
20%
Spendthrift Farm
0
No votes
Three Chimneys Farm
5
9%
WinStar Farm LLC
7
13%
Other
6
11%
 
Total votes: 55
Twingo
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 am

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Teeming (Storm Cat x Better Than Honour) (dam of G1 Streaming) --> Curlin

Hill 'N' Dale Equine Holdings Inc
MTO
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:57 pm

I would love the see Rachel Alexandra's name on this list for 2016 breeding.

Maybe Barbara will reconsider breeding her.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9542
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Not sure which thread it's on, but someone (from DRF, maybe?) had a quote from Barbara Banke, after 'Valentina won today, saying that the filly would be Rachel's last foal.
carole
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:52 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Not sure which thread it's on, but someone (from DRF, maybe?) had a quote from Barbara Banke, after 'Valentina won today, saying that the filly would be Rachel's last foal.
Yea, it was in the Spinaway thread and it was tweeted by @ABRLive (America's Best Racing)
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 3955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 am

Boo.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Pontchatrain --> Curlin
Twingo
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 am

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:40 am

Tapit or War Front for Take Charge Brandi, said Willis Horton.

http://www.oaklawn.com/news/2015/sep/24 ... s-sept-24/
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9542
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:25 pm

It sounds like Horton will do the right thing for this filly and retire her.
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:16 pm

I say War Front first, then Tapit. There's some elements in his pedigree that I think would mix better with her, than Tapit. And he's half the price.
Pulpit 1994-2012
Ziggypop
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Twingo wrote:Tapit or War Front for Take Charge Brandi, said Willis Horton.

http://www.oaklawn.com/news/2015/sep/24 ... s-sept-24/
She is being sold in November sale.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9542
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 pm

She is probably going to go for a fair sum of money. Out of curiosity, I emailed Nick Hines while he was working a Handicapsule shift, and asked him what his educated guess would be for her sale price. He thought it would be around $1.25 - $1.5 million.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 am

Ziggypop wrote:
Twingo wrote:Tapit or War Front for Take Charge Brandi, said Willis Horton.

http://www.oaklawn.com/news/2015/sep/24 ... s-sept-24/
She is being sold in November sale.
She is entered in the sale, but that does not mean she will sell. She could be withdrawn or fail to meet reserve if she does go through.
Twingo
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 am

Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:05 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:She is probably going to go for a fair sum of money. Out of curiosity, I emailed Nick Hines while he was working a Handicapsule shift, and asked him what his educated guess would be for her sale price. He thought it would be around $1.25 - $1.5 million.
Oh my... really? It's very cheap for one of the best pedigrees in the world and Breeders’ Cup winner animal. Her little sis has been sold for $1,250,000.

minimum 3 millions.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9542
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:08 pm

I tend to agree....I thought 'Brandi would go for more. But then, I don't attend the sales as a bloodstock expert. I guess we'll all find out when she steps into the ring. :P
Ziggypop
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:36 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:
Twingo wrote:Tapit or War Front for Take Charge Brandi, said Willis Horton.

http://www.oaklawn.com/news/2015/sep/24 ... s-sept-24/
She is being sold in November sale.
She is entered in the sale, but that does not mean she will sell. She could be withdrawn or fail to meet reserve if she does go through.
Good point!
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 am

Wonder who will Treve go to in 2016? I would love to hear which stallions are under consideration.
carole
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:Wonder who will Treve go to in 2016? I would love to hear which stallions are under consideration.
Probably Dubawi, she was meant to go to him last year.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:15 pm

carole wrote:
ThreeMustangs wrote:Wonder who will Treve go to in 2016? I would love to hear which stallions are under consideration.
Probably Dubawi, she was meant to go to him last year.
You're right:

Michelle Kinane ‏@MichelleKinane
High class mares Treve & Just The Judge confirmed to be visiting high class established sire Dubawi for 2016
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 am

I'm shocked Galileo wasn't chosen. Dubawi is the 2nd best stallion in Europe right now. Just figured they'd go for number #1 first, is all.
Pulpit 1994-2012
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2713
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Ioya Two wrote:I'm shocked Galileo wasn't chosen. Dubawi is the 2nd best stallion in Europe right now. Just figured they'd go for number #1 first, is all.
2x3 inbreeding may be too close for the owners.
Post Reply