2016 Names

sweettalk
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm

there are some WILDLY unimaginitive, boring names up there :lol: they can't all be 'notacatbutallama'
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Northport wrote:Is there any info on who owns those horses? A lot sound like Fipke names :lol:
Probably all the ones you think sounds like Fipke names are, in fact, owned by Fipke. I purposely looked up as many of his as I knew.
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2020
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm

It may be a blessing that Lemons Forever has to go to a stallion that isn't Unbridled's Song, once you get Unbridled Forever and Forever Unbridled, you have no choice but to go to a different stallion third time around! And she's out of options with Perfect Soul (with Perfect Forever and Forever Perfect).

Of the non-Fipke names listed, Finally Our Dream sounds like it has a story behind it.
weeeeeeeee
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Northport wrote:It may be a blessing that Lemons Forever has to go to a stallion that isn't Unbridled's Song, once you get Unbridled Forever and Forever Unbridled, you have no choice but to go to a different stallion third time around! And she's out of options with Perfect Soul (with Perfect Forever and Forever Perfect).

Of the non-Fipke names listed, Finally Our Dream sounds like it has a story behind it.
If she went to Perfect Soul again, Perfect Lemons, Lemons Soul, etc. could be (awful) possibilities.

Finally Our Dream, I'm sure, refers to the fact that Balance finally produced a filly for them. They tried Finally first, then Finally a Filly, but both were rejected for different reasons.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Battle of Algiers - c. War Front x River Belle (GB) (changed from U S S Alabama)
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Love Mungojerrie! (and the dam's name too :D) =^.,.^=
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:Love Mungojerrie! (and the dam's name too :D) =^.,.^=
I hate them both, so much. The Cats names are mostly terrible. I could probbaly stand Mr. Mistoffelees, but that's already used.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Awww Mungojerrie's not so bad :D ...but Jellicle Cat is the best of all. I like the combo with Jellicle Song.

(How can you not snicker at Tumblebrutus, or Coricopat? And Pouncival?? :lol: )

((ETA: Okay wait, a disclaimer: I am referring to the original Jellicle Cats from TS Eliot's poem, NOT the musical they made from it. Which I have never seen, and don't really care if I never do.))
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:30 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:Awww Mungojerrie's not so bad :D ...but Jellicle Cat is the best of all. I like the combo with Jellicle Song.

(How can you not snicker at Tumblebrutus, or Coricopat? And Pouncival?? :lol: )

((ETA: Okay wait, a disclaimer: I am referring to the original Jellicle Cats from TS Eliot's poem, NOT the musical they made from it. Which I have never seen, and don't really care if I never do.))
Whether it's TS Eliot or Andrew Lloyd Webber, I hate all of them :D
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 am

mariasmon wrote:
Northport wrote:Is there any info on who owns those horses? A lot sound like Fipke names :lol:
Probably all the ones you think sounds like Fipke names are, in fact, owned by Fipke. I purposely looked up as many of his as I knew.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Arcaro - c. Tapit x Panty Raid
At First Blush - f. Street Sense x Blush Island (dam is 1/2 to Street Boss)

Baffin Bay - c. Pioneerof the Nile x Open Water
By Design - f. Speightstown x Brushed by a Star

Diplomatic Miss - f. Violence x Miraculous Miss
Divine Melody - f. Distorted Humor x Divine Escapade (2nd dam is Madcap Escapade)

Ifurhappynuknowit - f. Bernardini x Mushka
Innyucanbeanewman - f. Point of Entry x De Aar
Intanga Rose - f. Animal Kingdom x Intangaroo

Journeyman - c. Animal Kingdom x Tout Charmant

Last Dance - f. Revolutionary x Dance Swiftly (1/2 to Speighster)

Mezcalita - f. Pioneerof the Nile x Agave Kiss

Oso Negro - c. Medaglia d'Oro x Lighthouse Bay

Rockster - f. Super Saver x Rockcide (1/2 to Rule)

Summer in Saratoga - c. Hard Spun x Love Theway Youare

The Keeper - c. Temple City x Mien (1/2 to Big Brown)
Thetrashmanscoming - c. Take Charge Indy x Awesome Humor
Turko Treat - f. Biondetti x Turko's Turn (1/2 to Point Given)

Winter Sunset - f. Tapit x Winter Memories
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2770
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:55 am

mariasmon wrote:Arcaro - c. Tapit x Panty Raid
At First Blush - f. Street Sense x Blush Island (dam is 1/2 to Street Boss)

Baffin Bay - c. Pioneerof the Nile x Open Water
By Design - f. Speightstown x Brushed by a Star

Diplomatic Miss - f. Violence x Miraculous Miss
Divine Melody - f. Distorted Humor x Divine Escapade (2nd dam is Madcap Escapade)

Ifurhappynuknowit - f. Bernardini x Mushka
Innyucanbeanewman - f. Point of Entry x De Aar
Intanga Rose - f. Animal Kingdom x Intangaroo

Journeyman - c. Animal Kingdom x Tout Charmant

Last Dance - f. Revolutionary x Dance Swiftly (1/2 to Speighster)

Mezcalita - f. Pioneerof the Nile x Agave Kiss

Oso Negro - c. Medaglia d'Oro x Lighthouse Bay

Rockster - f. Super Saver x Rockcide (1/2 to Rule)

Summer in Saratoga - c. Hard Spun x Love Theway Youare

The Keeper - c. Temple City x Mien (1/2 to Big Brown)
Thetrashmanscoming - c. Take Charge Indy x Awesome Humor
Turko Treat - f. Biondetti x Turko's Turn (1/2 to Point Given)

Winter Sunset - f. Tapit x Winter Memories
At First Blush... I remember another horse named that. I think he ran on Travers Day 2002.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Big Purr - c. Giant's Causeway x Artemus Kitten
Birdy Num - f. Tapit x Believe You Can
Bohemian Queen - f. Animal Kingdom x Life at Ten

Cash My Ticket - c. Fed Biz x Cash's Girl

Dama Elegante - f. Animal Kingdom x Esstadista (URU)

Ever Changing - f. Tapit x Rainbow View

Folk Legend - f. Tapizar x Folklore
Fort Wadsworth - c. Verrazano x Opulence (2nd dam is Rags to Riches)

Informed Front - c. War Front x Informed Decision

Kentucky Wildcat - c. Tapit x Better Lucky

Light Festival - f. Awesome Again x Miss Isella

Marquee - f. Medaglia d'Oro x Star Billing
Montaigne - c. Cairo Prince x No Such Word
Mrs. Robinson - f. Animal Kingdom x Hug Doc (2nd dam is Ipi Tombe)

Never Easy - c. Candy Ride x Wasted Tears
Noble Hope - c. Noble Mission x Shared Hope (dam is 3/4 to Cash Run, 1/2 to Forestry)

Proud and Loud - c. Proud Citizen x Betty's Solutions (1/2 to Include Betty)

Queen of the Mesa - f. Sky Mesa x Well Related (dam is full to Cara Rafaela)

Reason to Smile - f. Macho Uno x Crisp
Romantic Pursuit - f. Medaglia d'Oro x Questing (GB)

Souper Escape - f. Medaglia d'Oro x Cry and Catch Me
Stalwart Humor - c. Distorted Humor x Sweet Talker
Sweet Delight - c. Candy Ride x Magnificience

Tajawoz - c. War Front x Stanwyck
Two Item Maker - f. Empire Maker x Two Item Limit*

Valencia - f. Tapit x Unbridled Elaine

Wamathaat - f. Speightstown x Special Me (1/2 to Stonetastic)
Where's Oliver - c. More Than Ready x See Ya Signe (2nd dam is Santa Teresita)
Wiegenlied - f. Tiznow x Dream Supreme

*Fipke :D
Last edited by mariasmon on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9715
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Birdy Num? :?: :shock:
As weird names go, that's up there.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:41 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Birdy Num? :?: :shock:
As weird names go, that's up there.
Maybe there is a story behind it, but I definitely went like this when I saw it:

Image
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:47 pm

I’ve been searching to see if certain horses have names and I came across this monstrosity. Although I have a feeling a kid named her.

Gio’s Cookie Star- f. Gio Ponti x Dynaqueen
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3856
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Summer Bird wrote:I’ve been searching to see if certain horses have names and I came across this monstrosity. Although I have a feeling a kid named her.

Gio’s Cookie Star- f. Gio Ponti x Dynaqueen
Unsure whether the correct reaction is :shock:, :o or :lol:.
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:59 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:I’ve been searching to see if certain horses have names and I came across this monstrosity. Although I have a feeling a kid named her.

Gio’s Cookie Star- f. Gio Ponti x Dynaqueen
Unsure whether the correct reaction is :shock:, :o or :lol:.
How about a little of all three? ;)
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm

I'mma go with :?
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2020
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:35 pm

I think we need a double ** for each horse owned by Live Oak, aka the "Soupers" :lol:
weeeeeeeee
Post Reply