Fasig-Tipton Fall Yearling Sale (Oct 24-26)

Post Reply
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Anyone keeping an eye on it?

By the way congrats to our dear Admin and everyone at Fox Hill Farms
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... 000-at-f-t

Missed her, so I hope they update with a picture soon. I quite like the MdO filly out of the Saint Liam mare but didn't see how much she hammered for.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Quiet Chris
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:14 am

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Treve wrote:Anyone keeping an eye on it?

By the way congrats to our dear Admin and everyone at Fox Hill Farms
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... 000-at-f-t

Missed her, so I hope they update with a picture soon. I quite like the MdO filly out of the Saint Liam mare but didn't see how much she hammered for.
She went for $180K. I am interested in the full to Real Solution. I believe 386 and the 1/2 to Summer Revolution 406. I know someone that was looking at both but he isn't returning my texts, so no idea if he is bidding.

Congrats to Admin. Nice filly. They obviously do well with "Songs"
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9704
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Bloodhorse has updated with a photo, and she is gorgeous.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... 000-at-f-t
Mel Mae
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm bummed Pretty City's Tapit colt is out. He really stood out among the horses I saw on Sunday.
Admin
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:46 pm

She is very nice looking and vetted clean. The one area of skepticism is right there on the page. Her dam has five foals of racing age and none of them has made a single start, and there are no recorded works for the 2 and 3 yos. It rather screams at you that the dam may impart unsoundness. We discussed it a lot, and probably decided to go after her a little more aggressively after Larry declared that she has a nice, wide throat and a really strong heart. So, we'll see what happens and hope she holds up better than her half-siblings did.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3855
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Admin wrote:She is very nice looking and vetted clean. The one area of skepticism is right there on the page. Her dam has five foals of racing age and none of them has made a single start, and there are no recorded works for the 2 and 3 yos. It rather screams at you that the dam may impart unsoundness. We discussed it a lot, and probably decided to go after her a little more aggressively after Larry declared that she has a nice, wide throat and a really strong heart. So, we'll see what happens and hope she holds up better than her half-siblings did.
Do you have a good photo of her? I haven't found anything that's not microscopic or a headshot and I'm pretty eager to see one.
Admin
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:59 pm

I'll try to get one. The ones I took on my phone don't do her justice.

Check out 590 when he goes through tomorrow. He's being called "the beast." He's a handsome horse and no doubt show people would drool over him. But man, he is big. He was weighed and measured at the farm before shipping in, and he's 16.3 and 1300 pounds. As a yearling. Shew!
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3855
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:12 am

Admin wrote:I'll try to get one. The ones I took on my phone don't do her justice.
Thanks! FWIW, both the mare's 2YO and 3YO were exported, so I'm not sure there's a good way to track works in GB/Ireland/France (where I imagine they are). But, obviously, no starts or that would be in the catalog or updates, at least.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:07 am

Admin wrote:She is very nice looking and vetted clean. The one area of skepticism is right there on the page. Her dam has five foals of racing age and none of them has made a single start, and there are no recorded works for the 2 and 3 yos. It rather screams at you that the dam may impart unsoundness. We discussed it a lot, and probably decided to go after her a little more aggressively after Larry declared that she has a nice, wide throat and a really strong heart. So, we'll see what happens and hope she holds up better than her half-siblings did.
Sending some good vibes her way that she may grow steady and strong ;)
Even if it takes her longer to start it might be worth it, if Arrogate is any indicator so far. UbS really is a double-edged sword I guess.
Best of luck to you all, looking forward to updates on the farm's FB page :D

Re: the beast... he sounds like a monster he'll finish up 18hh at this point yikes :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
bare it all
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:24 am

So, maybe the horribly wrong place to ask... but what is the plan for FHF after Mr Porter? Love seeing him buying babies.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:50 am

Very handsome grey colt by Giant's Causeway in the ring right now. Currently 80 000$
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:58 am

3 have hammered at six figures today so far
a More Than Ready colt who went for 230 000$
a Pioneerof the Nile colt who went for 140 000$
a Ghostzapper colt who went for 110 000$
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:42 pm

574 - a nice Bodemeister just hammered at 210 000$
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4267
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:57 pm

I missed the supposedly monsterous colt because my work building's fire alarm went off :(
Hope someone got a picture :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3855
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Treve wrote:I missed the supposedly monsterous colt because my work building's fire alarm went off :(
Hope someone got a picture :lol:
Image

Image
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:40 pm

His ass looks so much higher than the rest of him.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3855
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Somnambulist wrote:His ass looks so much higher than the rest of him.
Typical of a growth spurt, but I think it may have also been the way he was standing when I screencapped. He wouldn't stand still for more than half a second. The FT handlers don't seem to be as good as the ones at Keeneland as far as standing up the horses in the ring. They let them dance around more than is necessary most of the time.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9704
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Even with that typical yearling high fanny, he looks pretty nice. And IIRC, his sire, Midnight Lute, was a tall horse, so he comes by his height honestly. But, yeah, he looks like a two-year-old. :shock:
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3855
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:07 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Even with that typical yearling high fanny, he looks pretty nice. And IIRC, his sire, Midnight Lute, was a tall horse, so he comes by his height honestly. But, yeah, he looks like a two-year-old. :shock:
He also comes from a line of big females. His dam is half to Halfbridled, who is quite tall.
Mel Mae
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:00 pm

He looks bigger (looking how tall he is compared to the podium) than some of the mares I've seen go through that ring.
Post Reply