2018 foals

User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3859
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:She had been frequently sort of half kicking or jumping. Almost like a little bit of a startled kind of movement from mom.

Could she be having some sort of post-foaling cramps? That would possibly make her flinch.
That's what I thought when I was watching it, especially since no one intervened. It didn't seem to be directed toward her foal.
User avatar
Retrospectiv
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 am

I was watching them early this morning before they went out. No issues, getting on just fine. Maria acting like an old pro.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:41 am

Hard to know what to expect with a maiden mare, but glad all is well with Maria and the baby.

Coolmore America @coolmoreamerica
57m57 minutes ago
Another smart looking foal by Air Force Blue pictured at just 10 hours old. She is out of Medaglia d'Oro mare Lonelily and bred by Bill Franz #CoolmoreSires
Image
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:57 am

Retrospectiv wrote:I was watching them early this morning before they went out. No issues, getting on just fine. Maria acting like an old pro.
Good to know. Thanks for posting this news.

Air Force Blue is getting some attractive foals.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2175
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Foal Patrol put up a short clip of Stopchargingmaria & her filly being turned out this morning, narrator says they're "doing great, doing everything right." :mrgreen:
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:19 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:Foal Patrol put up a short clip of Stopchargingmaria & her filly being turned out this morning, narrator says they're "doing great, doing everything right." :mrgreen:
Such good news. I just popped over to Foal Patrol and got a good look at the baby for the first time. She's stout for a filly, with a big butt end, lol. Mom seems much, much more comfortable than she did last night. I guess folks were right that SCM was probably cramping during those first hours after foaling.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:51 pm

mariasmon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:She had been frequently sort of half kicking or jumping. Almost like a little bit of a startled kind of movement from mom.

Could she be having some sort of post-foaling cramps? That would possibly make her flinch.
That's what I thought when I was watching it, especially since no one intervened. It didn't seem to be directed toward her foal.
More than likely. Sometimes they will give a shot to help them- guess they felt it wasnt bad enough to warrant that.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:51 pm

There's a wonderful video of Beholder and her colt from Spendthrift Farm: https://twitter.com/spendthriftfarm/sta ... 76992?s=04
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Well Dixiana just posted about their first foal so I will have a foal to see when I get to work. An Into Mischief colt out of a dam who is a half to Pine Island and Point of Entry.


Image
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Summer Bird wrote:Well Dixiana just posted about their first foal so I will have a foal to see when I get to work. An Into Mischief colt out of a dam who is a half to Pine Island and Point of Entry.
He's a good-looking colt. I love his wide blaze. Will be such fun for you at work when you get there.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2175
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 pm

What a cutie! Give him some muzzle-kisses from me. :mrgreen:
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2175
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:24 pm

I wonder if they changed the angle of the cam in Stopchargingmaria's stall? Last night I could see the top sill where the camera was mounted, and pretty much the entire stall. Now it's angled so that you can't see one corner of the stall, and less of over by the stall door/buckets, and ofc that must be where the filly is sleeping (or she's blocked by mom's butt, LOL).
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Unfortunately, they already moved him to the mare and foal barn when I got to work. There is a possibility of two foals being born tonight though!
User avatar
Private Thoughts
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: Kentucky

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:07 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote:There's a wonderful video of Beholder and her colt from Spendthrift Farm: https://twitter.com/spendthriftfarm/sta ... 76992?s=04
Thank you for this link, I just love this little guy. He has spirit and spunk in spades.

I hope he has a successful future ahead of him and does his parents proud.
Cladan
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:32 am

February colts;

Union Rags x Beat the Drums
Orb x Party Now
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Summer Bird wrote:Unfortunately, they already moved him to the mare and foal barn when I got to work. There is a possibility of two foals being born tonight though!
Well we got one foal around 6:30 this morning! Tapit filly out of a half sister to Startac.

Image
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2175
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

What a sweetie! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Summer Bird wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:Unfortunately, they already moved him to the mare and foal barn when I got to work. There is a possibility of two foals being born tonight though!
Well we got one foal around 6:30 this morning! Tapit filly out of a half sister to Startac.
How ever-loving cute is she, lying there looking so confused. Beautiful blaze.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Summer Bird wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:Unfortunately, they already moved him to the mare and foal barn when I got to work. There is a possibility of two foals being born tonight though!
Well we got one foal around 6:30 this morning! Tapit filly out of a half sister to Startac.

Image
Love that "What the heck just happened ?!?" look
Startac- that is a name I havent heard in awhile.

Congrats!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Here are the America's Best Racing foals for the week of Feb. 4. The group includes some foals from Germany. https://www.americasbestracing.net/life ... week-feb-4

This link is a bit off topic since the foals aren't Thoroughbreds. They are mini horse foals, and the page is posted at America's Best Racing. Posting the link just for pure enjoyment. https://www.americasbestracing.net/life ... super-bowl

And this high-flying Lane's End foal is hoot:
Image
Post Reply