Photos/News about Broodmares

second_glance

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:22 am

Nice short video of Blind Luck at the farm. Includes glimpses of her foals. The GC colt looks like a runner to me! :-) And BL looks fantastic. Apparently she's very much a boss mare -- with horses and humans -- too.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... blind-luck
mariasmon

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:24 am

second_glance wrote:Nice short video of Blind Luck at the farm. Includes glimpses of her foals. The GC colt looks like a runner to me! :-) And BL looks fantastic. Apparently she's very much a boss mare -- with horses and humans -- too.

She is funny. Very rarely have I seen a horse who actually seemed to be relishing the sale experience. Her handler (Taylor Made puts just 1 person on their big mares) was pretty cool with her, too. He let her stand around and accept treats and bask in the attention when she wasn't being shown.

ETA: Her colt is lovely.
islandgirl45

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:27 am

second_glance wrote:Nice short video of Blind Luck at the farm. Includes glimpses of her foals. The GC colt looks like a runner to me! :-) And BL looks fantastic. Apparently she's very much a boss mare -- with horses and humans -- too.

She looks great. Good to see she hasn't lost any of that fire.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
second_glance

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

mariasmon wrote:

She is funny. Very rarely have I seen a horse who actually seemed to be relishing the sale experience. Her handler (Taylor Made puts just 1 person on their big mares) was pretty cool with her, too. He let her stand around and accept treats and bask in the attention when she wasn't being shown.

I remember Jerry saying that she spent a lot of time "rearranging" her stall -- and woe unto anyone who came in to "fix" it. ;-)
Izvestia

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:10 pm

She has such a great walk, so athletic. I can't wait to see that Giant's Causeway colt run.
mariasmon

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 pm

second_glance wrote:
mariasmon wrote:

I remember Jerry saying that she spent a lot of time "rearranging" her stall -- and woe unto anyone who came in to "fix" it. ;-)
Ha. She really is a character. Definitely not a pet, but polite with her admirers.
flytpthestars

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 pm

It seems that her colt is with a nurse mare? BL seemed to be without her foal in the paddock. Correct me if I am wrong; since there's no subtitles in the video.
mariasmon

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 pm

That other chestnut mare in the paddock with Blind Luck, when they're standing around the waterer, looks a lot like Lady Tak.
serenassong

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:55 am

mariasmon wrote:That other chestnut mare in the paddock with Blind Luck, when they're standing around the waterer, looks a lot like Lady Tak.
Loved Lady Tak! Going to go watch right now to see.

ETA: It does looks like her- wish that shot was just a bit longer.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Izvestia

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:11 am

Silverbulletday, what a sweetie. Loved her on the track, she is a special mare.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rbulletday
serenassong

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Izvestia wrote:Silverbulletday, what a sweetie. Loved her on the track, she is a special mare.

Loving that, and they have three of her daughters there.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
ChampionCurlin

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:04 am

A sweet pic of Forever Together napping in the grass. She's awaiting a Smart Strike baby (not sure when she's due - mid May?).

mariasmon

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:15 am

serenassong wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Silverbulletday, what a sweetie. Loved her on the track, she is a special mare.

Loving that, and they have three of her daughters there.
Did Pegram sell some of her daughters, I wonder? Or did any of them die? Because, at my last count, she has 5 who are broodmares: Silverbulletway, Silver Bullet Moon, Silverbulletfolly, Quality Hops and Elusive Jackpot.
mariasmon

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:22 am

There's no death report on file, but I do question the status of Quality Hops. She had her first/only foal in 2012, a Midnight Lute filly. She was bred back to Midnight Lute for 2013 and I don't see any kind of report And she was not bred for a 2014 foal.

Silverbulletway and Elusive Jackpot have both foaled this year. Nothing yet for Silverbulletfolly or Silver Bullet Moon. Both of them were bred to Midnight Lute, of course.
serenassong

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 am

ChampionCurlin wrote:A sweet pic of Forever Together napping in the grass. She's awaiting a Smart Strike baby (not sure when she's due - mid May?).

Blessed are the broodmares.
flytpthestars

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:29 pm

flytpthestars wrote:It seems that her colt is with a nurse mare? BL seemed to be without her foal in the paddock. Correct me if I am wrong; since there's no subtitles in the video.

any news?
Northport

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Video update for Rags to Riches for the Kentucky Oaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egu-8JGQy48
weeeeeeeee
serenassong

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 am

From Denali's FB page- Serena get all shined up for a visit from Mrs. Lewis- in celebration of her Mother Goose win. (June 9th 1995). The FB posting does state "Mr. Lewis"- but perhaps a typo- unless they have a son?

At any rate, her she is:

mariasmon

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:41 am

serenassong wrote:From Denali's FB page- Serena get all shined up for a visit from Mrs. Lewis- in celebration of her Mother Goose win. (June 9th 1995). The FB posting does state "Mr. Lewis"- but perhaps a typo- unless they have a son?

At any rate, her she is:

Her son Jeff is usually with Mrs. Lewis these days when I see her at the sales, etc.
serenassong

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 am

mariasmon wrote:
serenassong wrote:From Denali's FB page- Serena get all shined up for a visit from Mrs. Lewis- in celebration of her Mother Goose win. (June 9th 1995). The FB posting does state "Mr. Lewis"- but perhaps a typo- unless they have a son?

At any rate, her she is:

Her son Jeff is usually with Mrs. Lewis these days when I see her at the sales, etc.
Ah, ok, thanks.