Happiness

stark

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 am

So, what were your personal accomplishments by age 6?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjt1CK ... e=youtu.be
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Catalina

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Egads... No wonder my career never got properly off the ground, I was way behind schedule! My infatuation with airplanes only took shape back when the Boeing 707 was the new kid on the block, and airlines still flew super connies and Electras.
Ballerina

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

OTB is coming back to Chesapeake, VA - Buckets on Battlefield Blvd. We stopped in there today to confirm - should be open for business by BC. AND racing may return to Colonial Downs
Ballerina

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!
Always happy to learn about other people's good health news.
Catalina

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Ballerina wrote:OTB is coming back to Chesapeake, VA - Buckets on Battlefield Blvd. We stopped in there today to confirm - should be open for business by BC. AND racing may return to Colonial Downs
Wish Texas would approve either OTB or ADW, but I'm beginning to think it's just not going to happen. Now, Colonial Downs returning, that is great. It was such a shame when it went dark.
Last edited by Catalina on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catalina

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!
That is excellent news!
serenassong

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 pm

That is indeed wonderful news!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 pm

The block posts button :lol:
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
Tessablue

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Oh man R2R I missed this earlier... that is amazing, so glad to hear it!

It's comparatively meaningless, but I just came up with a rough formula for measuring racehorse expectation vs. performance and I am so excited right now.
RuffiantoRags

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 am

Thank you all. I had a reaction to the medication recently, so my doctor told me to stop. I just had a PET scan to see if any cancer shows up. Seeing my doctor in November to discuss a new plan. I'm feeling great otherwise. Meanwhile my mother had a stroke and is rehab center. She is not adjusting well, frustrated she can't say the words she wants to say. Luckily she has no problems with moving limbs or walking. It will just take time. This is also the same facility where my father is in the nursing home wing where he is being taken care of for his dementia. The nurses love him!
Matt Converse

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 pm

My new book, Leather Head, is my biggest success yet. It's twisted horror and I scheduled it to come out right before Halloween. I guess that helped because it's my biggest seller yet! Yeah! You can get it on Amazon, an eBook novelette, a quick read. All 5 star reviews so far!
Somnambulist

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

I stumbled upon an AP Maker's Mark bottle.

Do I open it?
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
KimmieB

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Somnambulist wrote:I stumbled upon an AP Maker's Mark bottle.

Do I open it?
Depends, do you think you would ever consider selling it?
If it were me, I would keep it, therefore I would drink it.

Hope that helps!
Somnambulist

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:02 pm

starrydreamer

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Somnambulist wrote:https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/L ... rect/9_zm/

Sigh... if only.
That house is beautiful.
serenassong

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:02 pm

It really is. The colors and fixtures all fit very well in the house, and it's a lovely property.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Your money sure goes further in Kentucky. Here in SoCal, $1,350,000 might buy you a three bedroom, two bath tract home that maybe has an updated kitchen. Maybe. And a small lot. :P
starrydreamer

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am

So not happiness, really, but it makes me laugh.

I got called into the director's office at my son's daycare (he's 3). Apparently, this last week, he has started darting out doors and running away (all within the confines of the daycare, thankfully, but still). And he tries to hide, too.

Running away is something he thinks is hilarious and we've been trying to get it into his stubborn little head that it's not funny and he could get hurt. He's remorseful for a bit, but then he does it again. Part of it is the prednisone we had him on last week because he's been sick - he's usually pretty even-keeled for a 3 yr old, but the prednisone makes his moods much more intense. There has been so much crying in our house lately. Here's hoping that it wears off and he returns to being our silly, sunny little dude.

But geez, 3 yrs old and I'm already having meetings with the principal. :lol:
Ballerina

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm

It's 27 degrees right now, but thawing temperatures arrive at noon and stay throughout the afternoon - or so says the weather report. Maybe we'll be able to navigate out of our 150' driveway. I've been stuck in the house for too many days. When I finally get out, I'm probably going to point at everything and giggle.
Somnambulist

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Ballerina wrote:It's 27 degrees right now, but thawing temperatures arrive at noon and stay throughout the afternoon - or so says the weather report. Maybe we'll be able to navigate out of our 150' driveway. I've been stuck in the house for too many days. When I finally get out, I'm probably going to point at everything and giggle.
It was 18 when I got in my car this morning and the first time in days that a gust of wind hasn't made my skin burn! It's looking up... 41 tomorrow!!