College Football

Re: College Football

Postby Man o Taz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:12 am

Man o Taz wrote:Bo Pelini making Husker Nation embarrassed again.

Granted he has a lot of youngsters on the team, but when are the excuses going to stop.

He did not have youngsters last year in those positions.

Heck, other teams start freshmen and win.

And that's not including the off field behavior.

And Nebraska really put the screws to South Dakota State.

We'll see how long before they lose by 30 points again.

Will it be Northwestern or Michigan?
And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse.
-Bedouin Legend

Give to Old Friends, or your favorite local horse rescue.
Man o Taz

Postby PJMIII » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 am

Penn State to regain scholarships

The NCAA said Tuesday that it will reduce the unprecedented sanctions against Penn State's football program by gradually restoring scholarships starting next season. Officials did not rule out future modifications, such as reducing the four-year postseason ban.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... use-matter
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:47 am

Trojans fire coach Lane Kiffin

The USC Trojans have fired coach Lane Kiffin not six hours after dropping to 3-2 after a blowout loss to Arizona State.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college- ... owout-loss
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:53 am

UConn fires Paul Pasqualoni

Connecticut athletic director Warde Manuel says he's looking for a football coach who can bring more excitement, passion, and above all wins to UConn.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ball-coach
PJMIII

Postby Man o Taz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 am

PJMIII wrote:Trojans fire coach Lane Kiffin

The USC Trojans have fired coach Lane Kiffin not six hours after dropping to 3-2 after a blowout loss to Arizona State.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college- ... owout-loss

The school showed no class the way they handled this meeting him at the airport.

They should have asked him to come in and done it as his office.

Kiffin can come across as arrogant, but he did not deserve to go out like this.
And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse.
-Bedouin Legend

Give to Old Friends, or your favorite local horse rescue.
Man o Taz

Postby Insane Crazy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:48 am

Northwestern campus is absolutely buzzing with excitement for the Ohio State game. A bunch of my friends were up at 3:30 AM to make to the pit behind the ESPN Gameday desk. I don't even really care about football, but the excitement is palpable. I can feel it in the air and it is infectious.

I'm not going to the game -- I planned to, but then I scored some theatre tickets that take serious precedence -- but I'm hoping for the very best for my senior homecoming!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby War Admiral » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Watching a great me between Georgia and Tennesee. Tied up 24-24 with 2:40 to go in the game.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
War Admiral

Postby Barnfour » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm

War Admiral wrote:Watching a great me between Georgia and Tennesee. Tied up 24-24 with 2:40 to go in the game.

Wow ......DAWGS!!!!!!.....in OT.......both starting running backs injured as well as their three starting wide receivers and they still managed to pull it out~
“The heaviest penalty for declining to the rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”
― Plato, The Republic
Barnfour

Postby dustino140 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:Northwestern campus is absolutely buzzing with excitement for the Ohio State game. A bunch of my friends were up at 3:30 AM to make to the pit behind the ESPN Gameday desk. I don't even really care about football, but the excitement is palpable. I can feel it in the air and it is infectious.

I'm not going to the game -- I planned to, but then I scored some theatre tickets that take serious precedence -- but I'm hoping for the very best for my senior homecoming!

Did Northwestern fans purchase any tickets to the game? The Ohio State fans seem more prevalent and are much louder, at least on television.
dustino140

Postby seahawkgal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Michigan kicked the crap out of Minnesota today!!! WhooHoo! GoBlue!
seahawkgal

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around