College Football

Re: College Football

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 am

dustino140 wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:Northwestern campus is absolutely buzzing with excitement for the Ohio State game. A bunch of my friends were up at 3:30 AM to make to the pit behind the ESPN Gameday desk. I don't even really care about football, but the excitement is palpable. I can feel it in the air and it is infectious.

I'm not going to the game -- I planned to, but then I scored some theatre tickets that take serious precedence -- but I'm hoping for the very best for my senior homecoming!

Did Northwestern fans purchase any tickets to the game? The Ohio State fans seem more prevalent and are much louder, at least on television.

The campus was crawling with people, and it seemed like a ton of people were going. I know the student section was beyond packed. But a lot of OSU fans turned up, so it's possible we were overwhelmed.

I got out of a concert and sprinted barefoot to my apartment four blocks away, changed clothes, and biked furiously up the two miles up to the field. I realized I had no idea which gate to go in (I, uh, haven't gotten around to a game yet) but found a nice older woman sitting on a couch in some grass nearby, with a big screen TV. It was strange, but I took the chance to watch the last two minutes. Womp, womp. Everyone's still pleased with the game and very proud of how our 'Cats performed.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Ioya Two » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:13 pm

My Bucks had their hands full with Northwestern. They always do. This game reminded me of the Perdue game from '09 where I believe we had 5 turnovers under Terrelle Pryor and won in OT. So we keep the longest winning streak alive. Boy, I can't wait to go to the Shoe for the Michigan game. Buckeye born, buckeye bred as they say around here. We all bleed scarlet and gray. Although the somewhat unexpected success by the Browns has the furor around them as high as I've ever seen it.
Pulpit 1994-2012
Ioya Two

Postby PJMIII » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:12 am

Clemson, FSU are real BCS contenders

A year ago Saturday, Florida State choked away a second-half lead at North Carolina State, and before the season’s halfway mark, it signaled another year of embarrassment that the ACC would not have a title contender.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/travis- ... ost?id=972
PJMIII

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am

FSU's QB is legit. The guy is a monster.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby PJMIII » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am

PJMIII wrote:Trojans fire coach Lane Kiffin

The USC Trojans have fired coach Lane Kiffin not six hours after dropping to 3-2 after a blowout loss to Arizona State.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college- ... owout-loss

USC: Impersonators calling coaches

Apparently even people who don't work for USC are trying to hire the Trojans' next football coach.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college- ... aching-job
PJMIII

Postby Afrashad » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:53 am

Looking at Florida State, it's kind of scary that this was supposed to be a rebuild year. I haven't seen a Seminole team look this good in years.
Afrashad

Postby Matt Converse » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 am

They are very good. A worthy opponent for my 'Bama this year in the championship game. Roll Tide!
Matt Converse

Postby PJMIII » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:03 am

Everett Golson reapplies to ND

Everett Golson has applied for readmission to Notre Dame, coach Brian Kelly said Tuesday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

"That application process has been submitted from what I know of," Kelly said, according to the newspaper. "And decisions relative to admissions happen in middle of December."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... eadmission
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:55 am

Test links Winston's DNA to accuser

A DNA analysis completed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement on Tuesday confirmed that DNA provided by Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston matched the sample taken from the underwear of the woman who has accused him of sexual battery.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... on-accuser
PJMIII

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 am

That's good news. Idiot.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around