Derby Art Show in Kentucky

Derby Art Show in Kentucky

Postby canvasjockey » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm heading to Kentucky for the reception for an art show at the Brown Hotel in downtown Louisville Friday... the three artist show will go through May 31st so anyone that's in town for the Derby or anything else can check it out, and if you're in Louisville Friday, would love to meet you at the reception (6-9 pm)! I have 11 pieces in the show, including my American Pharoah piece. Another of the artists is a true fave of mine, Jaime Corum (I'm not gonna lie, I'm fangirling it a bit on this one :D )!

Gallery at the Brown Presents Furlongs
Featured Artists... Kevin Oechsli, Jaime Corum, and Carole Andreen-Harris

March 25—May 31, 2016

The Brown Hotel
335 West Broadway, Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Hours M to F 8a to 9p, Sat. 9a to 8p, Sun. 9a to 6p

Beyond that most of my time will be spent near Lexington area of course I'm leaving myself time for proper horseplay, lol. I'm staying with a friend in Versailles, and besides visiting a gallery of mine, I'll try to maybe visit a horse farm or two, maybe the Horse Park and definitely Keeneland morning workouts :D .
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Re: Derby Art Show in Kentucky

Postby BlindLucky » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Congrats, and have fun!

If you decide to try for a farm tour, remember that most farms are now scheduling tours through the following website: http://www.visithorsecountry.com/
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby canvasjockey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks... and yep, I have found that site! I'm staying with a friend so I'll first hear the advice of a local racing fan before deciding, meeting up with her in a couple hours!.
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Postby peeptoad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Congrats, and I thought of you the other day as I was buying a bottle of Woodford Reserve.
I still have that unopened bottle that has your KY Derby commemorative label on it! I'm planning on keeping that one intact for awhile!
peeptoad

Postby Prairie Bayou » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:02 am

Congratulations! Have fun!!! Though as a horse person it's like Disneyland. :D
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Return to Horsin' Around