MLB - 2016

Insane Crazy

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 am

pointgivenfan wrote:Wrigleyville is still going crazy, which should surprise nobody.
Photo from a friend stationed on top of his apt building (I think) in Wrigley last night. :shock:

ETA: Also, Go Cubs Go and all that! I'm not a baseball fan at all but there's nothing that distills the humanity of sports down to its purest state than...well, everything that happened last night. Two teams with a drought, one with a curse (lol), game seven, tied in the 8th, rain delay...etc, etc. I have shed some happy tears for "my" city today.

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Sparrow Castle

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Congratulations to the Cubs and all their loyal fans!

Craig Bernick ‏@Craig_Bernick [President of Glen Hill Farm]
Glad I reserved "Fly the W" will hopefully save for a really good horse!
PJMIII

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Congratulations to the Cubs and all their loyal fans!

Craig Bernick ‏@Craig_Bernick [President of Glen Hill Farm]
Glad I reserved "Fly the W" will hopefully save for a really good horse!
Ditto from me, congratulations to the Cubs.
PJMIII

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:48 am

Yoenis Cespedes opts out of deal with Mets, becomes free agent

Outfielder Yoenis Cespedes opted out of his contract with the New York Mets on Saturday, walking away from $47.5 million guaranteed through the 2018 season to become a free agent.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1797 ... -york-mets
PJMIII

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Talks progress for MLB, union with lockout deadline looming

Even though a Dec. 1 deadline looms, negotiations toward a new labor deal in Major League Baseball have progressed this week, to the point where sources finally are expressing optimism that an agreement can be reached before owners impose a lockout.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1812 ... ne-looming
PJMIII

Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Neal Huntington on Andrew McCutchen: 'We feel great about Andrew being a Pirate'

At the end of baseball’s winter meetings, the conclusion general manager Neal Huntington reached regarding the face of the franchise was this: Andrew McCutchen remains on the Pirates roster, and he’s expected to be there on opening day April 3.

“Our intent coming in here was to have Andrew McCutchen in our lineup going forward. No one changed that,” Huntington told reporters Thursday morning. “It’s unlikely someone changes that going forward. We’re certainly not going to close the door, but we’re not going to be making calls.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1612080179