What place in your heart do dogs have?

What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby Lazhar » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:25 am

Hello guys,

As a horse lover but also dog lover, I was wondering what place are dogs holding in your heart? Do you solely focus on horses?

I am the founder of a famous dog breeding blog, Breeding Business, so was just being curious!

Thanks,

Lazhar
Lazhar
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:13 am

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby Ballerina » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:22 am

They have been part of my life since 1968 - breeder, owner, handler. Can't imagine life without them.
User avatar
Ballerina
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby Starine » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:02 am

I have never not lived with a dog, from the time I was an infant. To me a home just isn't a home without a dog in it (though I love cats too).

I'm a massage therapist and I'd like to get into massaging animals like horses, dogs and cats if I can find an affordable and reputable institution.
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby Lazhar » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:08 am

Starine wrote:I have never not lived with a dog, from the time I was an infant. To me a home just isn't a home without a dog in it (though I love cats too).

I'm a massage therapist and I'd like to get into massaging animals like horses, dogs and cats if I can find an affordable and reputable institution.

Amazing idea.. I was at crufts networking earlier this year and one company started offering massages, don't recall the name but a lot of people were around these for the free dog massages.

Definitely try to dig deeper and see the science behind it because it would surely be a hit!
Lazhar
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:13 am

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby BlindLucky » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:17 pm

I couldn't live without my dogs!

My chiropractor went to a clinic in (I think) Kansas over the course of a few weeks last year and is now licensed to work on small animals. My dog and I have the same chiropractor :lol:
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:01 pm

My childhood was much better because I had a dog, a Beagle/Cocker cross who was sweet, brave and endlessly patient with me. When I was finally in a position to have a pet again, however, my tiny apartment and full-time job made the move to a cat kind of necessary. That, and being chosen by a spunky six-week old Siamese kitten to be 'her' human. :lol:
I love all animals...dogs, horses, birds, snakes...but my home is still a cat house. :P ;) Can not imagine living without a purring companion.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby Starine » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Lazhar wrote:
Starine wrote:I have never not lived with a dog, from the time I was an infant. To me a home just isn't a home without a dog in it (though I love cats too).

I'm a massage therapist and I'd like to get into massaging animals like horses, dogs and cats if I can find an affordable and reputable institution.

Amazing idea.. I was at crufts networking earlier this year and one company started offering massages, don't recall the name but a lot of people were around these for the free dog massages.

Definitely try to dig deeper and see the science behind it because it would surely be a hit!


Thank you for the encouragement -- I just moved across the country to South Carolina to be closer to my family, while I think this will be a good move in the long run everything feels daunting and scary. I'm shooting for a regular day job at the hospital like I had in Iowa, and once I'm secure I would like to pursue the animal massage. I've heard this area is already saturated with equine massage therapists, but massaging dogs may be my ticket.
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Starine wrote:
Lazhar wrote:
Starine wrote:I have never not lived with a dog, from the time I was an infant. To me a home just isn't a home without a dog in it (though I love cats too).

I'm a massage therapist and I'd like to get into massaging animals like horses, dogs and cats if I can find an affordable and reputable institution.

Amazing idea.. I was at crufts networking earlier this year and one company started offering massages, don't recall the name but a lot of people were around these for the free dog massages.

Definitely try to dig deeper and see the science behind it because it would surely be a hit!


Thank you for the encouragement -- I just moved across the country to South Carolina to be closer to my family, while I think this will be a good move in the long run everything feels daunting and scary. I'm shooting for a regular day job at the hospital like I had in Iowa, and once I'm secure I would like to pursue the animal massage. I've heard this area is already saturated with equine massage therapists, but massaging dogs may be my ticket.


There's nothing like having your family close to. Even if the rest of the world around you is going to shit having the support system is great. You'll be just fine. Enjoy the quality time - I would rather hang out with my parents than anyone else.

Totally have a wheaten sized hole in my heart but a dog isn't plausible right now.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 7389
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby WarBiscuit » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Like many, I could not begin to imagine a life without a dog in the house. From my earliest years, they have been an important part of the fabric in my life, and rare are
the times when there was not one close by. My wife introduced me to the Boxer breed many years ago now, and brother it was love at first sight. Never a dull moment, and I would not trade it for anything. A life without animals (any kind) is no life for me. E. B. White was right...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Re: What place in your heart do dogs have?

Postby canvasjockey » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:49 pm

A big place. I think most horse people are also dog people (and cat as well), I don't know if I've ever met a horse person who didn't have at least one dog. I was a small animal vet tech for 8+ years working with mainly dogs and cats, and have done some fostering via a dog rescue (most notably a pregnant dog and her eventual litter). We have 3 dogs and 2 cats but 0 horses... hopefully I can add a horse to the menagerie someday :D !
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America
Sign up for my Newsletter!

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
User avatar
canvasjockey
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Next

Return to Horsin' Around

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest