The VENT Thread

Flanders

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 am

I haven't had power since Thursday still do not. An ice storm devastated my county. Its cold and all i want is a shower. Last night was the first night I could see my breathe in my house. I washed my hair in ice cold water yesterday because i couldn't go on feeling like that. No one I know has power. Maybe tonight I'll get power back but they've been saying everyday since Thursday. They are saying weeks for phone/internet/cable.

My thoughts with those in the California fires.
ElPrado2

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Got sent home.
Gonna wind up in again. I still have stones. That first one was a leftover from 2 years ago. I told them then I had one stuck. Oh no... dr knows they are done. Now I have more coming. Been there, done that. This is case 17 of having stones. I have a badly scarred kidney, caused by a horse fall. Everything has happened on the left side since. This is getting more than a little boring. The word is painful. Add in bruising caused by falling into the side of the tub. Nothing could be called a tickle. At least my hamstring is calming down. I couldn't stand, sit or lie down without a 10 minute Charley horse.
Sparrow Castle

Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:54 pm

The devastation from the Camp fire in Northern CA is staggering, with 77 fatalities with many still unaccounted for, 151,000 acres burned and only 66% contained. To date, 11,713 residences destroyed and 14,500 structures still threatened, and containment not expected until 11/30/18. http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incident ... Index/2277

As for the Woolsey fire, evacuation orders were lifted in more areas over the weekend. The tally is still at 3 civilians killed, 2 apparently in Malibu. As of today, the Woolsey fire has torched 96,949 acres and destroyed 1,500 homes and buildings across two counties, Ventura and Los Angeles. It's 94% contained, with Thanksgiving as the target for full containment.

Still hoping BaroqueAgain will find her home and community intact and can return home soon.

Evacuation orders lifted as tally of buildings destroyed by Woolsey Fire swells to 1,500
https://la.curbed.com/2018/11/9/1807917 ... es-ventura

Incident Report: http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/in ... nt_id=2282

Area map showing the evacuation status as of this morning: http://calfire-forestry.maps.arcgis.com ... 6124fc53d5
Catalina

Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Still hoping that BaroqueAgain made it out of there in time.
The Doctors Saint

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:12 pm

I check this section several times a day hoping that there's been contact in some form with"Baroque Again" hoping they've managed to keep body and soul connected; the aftermath of this horrific disaster will likely be all consuming for a very long time to come.
TapitsGal

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 pm

My best friends dad is a volunteer paramedic with the ambulance service that serves my college town. I saw him around campus Saturday night and after wed talked a bit we parted ways and he said "take this in a good way,but I hope I DON'T see you again this weekend"...after being transported by ambulance to the ER yesterday after my pancreatitis acted up...I texted him after I got out "I didn't see you but I DID run into your coworkers"...I'm told he just shook his head..I'm looking forward to a better spring semester...this semester has been rough healthwise and I know several of the EMTs and paramedics at my college on a first name basis..and they all know my dog
Catalina

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:39 pm

The Doctors Saint wrote:
I check this section several times a day hoping that there's been contact in some form with"Baroque Again" hoping they've managed to keep body and soul connected; the aftermath of this horrific disaster will likely be all consuming for a very long time to come.
So do I. Still hoping that we will hear from her.
Sparrow Castle

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:37 pm

Catalina wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:39 pm
The Doctors Saint wrote:
So do I. Still hoping that we will hear from her.
Me too. While I still hope/think she was impacted by the Woolsey fire in SoCal and is not among the dead or missing from the more destructive Camp fire in NorCal, recovery will be no less difficult if she was in one of those devastated areas. The Woolsey fire may not be getting much news but there were approximately 1,500 properties destroyed there, evacuations are still in place, and roads still closed.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY BEGINS HAZARDOUS WASTE REMOVAL FOLLOWING WOOLSEY FIRE
On Monday, December 3, the L.A. County Fire Department alongside teams from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) will begin assessing and removing household hazardous waste from properties burned by the Woolsey Fire.

“The assessment and removal of hazardous waste from homes burned by the Woolsey Fire is an important first step towards reducing potential threats to public safety and health,” said L.A. County Fire Department Chief Daryl L.Osby. “Remains of everyday products like paints, cleaners, batteries and pesticides are toxic after a fire. Our hazardous waste removal teams will work thoroughly and quickly to clear the way so that the rebuilding process can begin.”

“We know people are anxious to return home after the fire. Safely removing the remains of everyday hazardous products from damaged properties before people return helps keep them and their environments safe and healthy,” said Muntu Davis, MD, MPH, Health Officer for Los Angeles County. “Safety is our primary concern as people work to get their lives back to normal.”
More: https://www.lacounty.gov/wp-content/upl ... emoval.pdf

Woolsey Fire Recovery Maps: https://www.lacounty.gov/woolseyfire/recovery-maps/#

This article is about the aftereffects of the Camp fire from a few days ago, but it gives a picture of what it's like recovering from wildfires in populated areas:

For thousands of displaced Paradise residents, recovery is a whole new challenge
https://www.latimes.com/local/californi ... story.html
Catalina

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 pm

I imagine that pretty much everything will need to wait for the hazmat teams to finish.
stark

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 am

This just in from PITA, oops I meant PETA......
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
ThreeMustangs

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 am
This just in from PITA, oops I meant PETA......
Can I say this is bullshit, or is that not allowed?
ElPrado2

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I think it's hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ElPrado2

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:19 am

I am also thoroughly sick of kidney stones. They hurt. If I make it through today without a hospital stay, I won"t tomorrow.
stark

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:31 am

ElPrado2

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Well dammit, stark! Tell them to hurry up and pass! Damned Dr found a couple on the left, didn't look on the right. I need to go through that ER with a baseball bat in one hand, directions in the other. I think I'm their favorite patient. I know they've screwed up before their mentor does.
I'll live. I just am not too thrilled about it right now.
stark

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:27 pm

TampaBay looking good on national TV should help ease the pain, they won the first half!
ThreeMustangs

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:35 pm

stark wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:27 pm
TampaBay looking good on national TV should help ease the pain, they won the first half!
Yeah, but they reverted to the Suckaneers in the second half. :x