The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:35 am

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(

I'm so very sorry about your loss, Curlin. It's a difficult loss to have to come to grips with, on a personal basis as well as it also being the end of an era.
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Curlin. And, no, there is no such thing as being too old to miss your mother. Even when you know it's coming, a parent's death will hurt you in places where you didn't know you could hurt.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Flanders » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Sorry about your loss Curlin.
Flanders

Postby islandgirl45 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(
Nope, I still think about my mother who died in 2000. My condolences for your loss, Curlin.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
islandgirl45

Postby PONYRCR » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Double vent:

First vent. My damn quads have been sore all weekend. Going to have to skip my run today and rearrange my running schedule for the week. Grrr! I'm somewhat OCD about my running schedule, especially when I'm training for a half marathon.

Second vent. I was notified today that I won a contest I entered. I've won a packaged stay at the Mammouth Mountain Inn. Problem is I have to use the package before Dec. 15, 2013. Ugh. I'd love to use it for the Mammouth Half Marathon but the race is in June 2014. Approx retail value is $2,500 so of course I'd have to pay taxes. Also travel is NOT included. I hate to pass on a sweepstakes win, but I think I'm going to have to on this one.
PONYRCR

Postby Summer Bird » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:08 pm

It makes me very angry when I clean the apartment and the roommates make a mess right after. About to rip my hair out.
Summer Bird

Postby Catalina » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Summer Bird wrote:It makes me very angry when I clean the apartment and the roommates make a mess right after. About to rip my hair out.

Uhhh... don't. It wouldn't change anything and the roommate might just find it entertaining.
Catalina

Postby Summer Bird » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Catalina wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:It makes me very angry when I clean the apartment and the roommates make a mess right after. About to rip my hair out.

Uhhh... don't. It wouldn't change anything and the roommate might just find it entertaining.

Yea they probably would!
Summer Bird

Postby sweettalk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:19 pm

i don't care that my boyfriend's boss is a lesbian, with a partner, i think it's EXTREMELY inappropriate for him to be staying at her house. she has serious back troubles and her partner is out of town, and i'm sorry that she can't do anything by herself. but it isn't my boyfriend's problem, and i don't think i should have to put up with him being at another lady's house over it.

i'm already fawning over fictional characters to save my emotions. this isn't helping to pull me out of it. quite the opposite.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm

You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around