The VENT Thread

User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm

I'm 27, and I will cry off and on until the day I die for my dad. I'm sorry Curlin, it's not easy. It will get easier with time, but it never goes away. Dad's been gone for 7 months now, and I cry a little everyday. It almost feels like your heart's been ripped out of your chest and stomped on. :(
Pulpit 1994-2012
sweettalk
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
excuse me for thinking it was inappropriate for him to sleep in a house with his boss. silly me.
i was just under the assumption that there's some line between professional and... not. oh well, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
GreenasGrass
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

So sorry for your loss Curlin.
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 am

sweettalk wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
excuse me for thinking it was inappropriate for him to sleep in a house with his boss. silly me.
i was just under the assumption that there's some line between professional and... not. oh well, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
sweettalk, for what it's worth - I agree with you. Doesn't this person have any friends that can help her while her SO is out of town?
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am

Ballerina wrote:
sweettalk wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
excuse me for thinking it was inappropriate for him to sleep in a house with his boss. silly me.
i was just under the assumption that there's some line between professional and... not. oh well, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
sweettalk, for what it's worth - I agree with you. Doesn't this person have any friends that can help her while her SO is out of town?
I agree as well, doesn't seem right at all. Not to get you upset, but sometimes a line can be crossed- no matter what the orientation is. Hope this is not the case at all.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 am

GreenasGrass wrote:So sorry for your loss Curlin.

Sorry about that, you never really get over a loss, it just gets easier over time. Hugs to all of those who have lost recently.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:25 pm

So, I let my dog out to do her business. She squats, takes a poo, then stops. Squats again in 3 different spots before she's done. Not really a b!tch per se, just a "really, you can't finish it in one spot?" I have to clean the yard of her feces everyday. No biggie, I'm just :roll:

And then, I let her inside. She pukes all over my blanket, and part of the carpet. I can wash my blanket, but it's harder to get barf out of the carpet. Not to mention it stinks. At least she's laying down in my bed looking remorseful. Lol.
Pulpit 1994-2012
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Ioya Two wrote:So, I let my dog out to do her business. She squats, takes a poo, then stops. Squats again in 3 different spots before she's done. Not really a b!tch per se, just a "really, you can't finish it in one spot?" I have to clean the yard of her feces everyday. No biggie, I'm just :roll:

And then, I let her inside. She pukes all over my blanket, and part of the carpet. I can wash my blanket, but it's harder to get barf out of the carpet. Not to mention it stinks. At least she's laying down in my bed looking remorseful. Lol.
Some tips how to get pet stains out of carpets
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/re ... odors.html#

My dog goes in several places on occasion, don't know why they sometimes do that.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm

serenassong wrote:My dog goes in several places on occasion, don't know why they sometimes do that.
My spaz-tastic 3 yr old Lab/Pitbull mix poop-walks around the yard while he's looking for his ball. He starts to go in one spot, then thinks he sees the ball in the grass and poop-walks all the way to it. Complete with whimpers, while pooping, of "I can't just leave it there, someone else might get it!"
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks. I was going to try to get some oxy-clean, then Lysol, then carpet powdered, and vacuumed. It should be fine after that.
Pulpit 1994-2012
User avatar
Private Thoughts
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: Kentucky

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(
So sorry for your loss. :(

I can relate. I lost my dad 3 years ago on Oct. 25th. The hurt is something that never seems to go away. I never had a chance to say goodbye. I live in KY and he lived in MI. Each visit home he was a little worse. Cancer is an awful disease and it is so cruel. In 3 months he was gone. I miss him every day.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless.
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Sam Adams Hazel Brown is offending to my palate.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
StarGirl11
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:58 am

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Just got back from what was supposed to be a powerball and food run. Supposed to being the key words.

Long story short I got the food but not the tickets.

Long version. Well the first store I went too said they had been having problems with the server for several hours now and were getting orders in on occasion. I remember thinking that was weird because Powerball should be set up to handle a rush of ticket sales right? After about 10 minutes of waiting and no sucess the clerk finally told me the tickets weren't going to print. He said I was more than happy to try the other stores but other people had come in trying to get tickets reporting the same problem at other stores.

Well never one to be completely detered I hopped in the car and sped a couple of blocks over to the Shell station to see if it was any better there. Almost bouncing on my heels I waited behind a guy kind of anxious to try my luck at getting a ticket. Since if it didn't work here I was going to try somewhere else. That was until the guy said he wanted to buy lotto tickets.

At that point the guy working the cash register said he couldn't sell the tickets. Not because he didn't want to but because no one in Colorado or North Dakota could get on the Powerball server on their machines. Apparently a store in Cleveland, Ohio was rerouting the server for their use (or something of that nature, I don't know how it exactly works, I just know that the store in Cleveland was causing the stores in CO and ND not to be able to buy tickets). The very same server CO and ND are supposed to be using.

If there was ever a time I really wanted the Powerball to roll over its tonight. I still have a ticket with one set of numbers thats good for tonight (thank god for being able to buy Powerball tickets good for the next five drawings and that I bought a ticket when the jackpot first started getting big). But I am still really annoyed.
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 pm

First time every - I bought a Powerball ticket.

A $400 million jackpot, considered the fifth-largest in U.S. history, would be awarded to anyone who bought tickets with the numbers 7-10-22-32-35, with a Powerball of 19.

Naturally, I didn't even come close to winning. I hope whomever wins it has happiness and makes others happy, as well.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:03 am

Ballerina wrote:First time every - I bought a Powerball ticket.

A $400 million jackpot, considered the fifth-largest in U.S. history, would be awarded to anyone who bought tickets with the numbers 7-10-22-32-35, with a Powerball of 19.

Naturally, I didn't even come close to winning. I hope whomever wins it has happiness and makes others happy, as well.
I hope so, too. To someone who really needs it. Not that I really don't, lol.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 am

Oner winner from South Carolina. My goodness, that's a lot of loot for one person. But, I certainly could handle it - would probably give most of it away.
User avatar
ElPrado2
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:31 am

The dog is not so bad.
I have a cat that is trying to teach himself to use the toilet. I am not encouraging this, mind you. He has been known to miss. Then he complains about it until I clean up after him. Clorox Clean Up does work fairly well. And I have a free supply of sterile gloves from my mothers hospice. It is just a pain in the patootie.
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:05 am

iOS7 is hideous.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Le Beau Bai
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am

Somnambulist wrote:iOS7 is hideous.
So true!
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 am

Le Beau Bai wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:iOS7 is hideous.
So true!
Why take a perfectly clean and crisp product and turn it into this ugly thing. I'm really unhappy with it.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Post Reply