The VENT Thread

Ballerina

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 am

Damn these a-fib attacks. They fall on me like a ton of bricks. Cardiologist is pushing me to consider the Watchman procedure so I don't have to continue on a blood thinner.

6 month CT scan yesterday showed a pocket of fluid building up where the head of the pancreas used to be. He doesn't think it's cancer, but the blood work will confirm that as soon as it's processed. Even if the blood work comes up clean, he wants another CT scan and blood work in 3 months. So, I sit and wait. I don't want to do any a-fib procedure until I see if this problem gets resolved.
Catalina

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:47 am

Ballerina wrote:Damn these a-fib attacks. They fall on me like a ton of bricks. Cardiologist is pushing me to consider the Watchman procedure so I don't have to continue on a blood thinner.

6 month CT scan yesterday showed a pocket of fluid building up where the head of the pancreas used to be. He doesn't think it's cancer, but the blood work will confirm that as soon as it's processed. Even if the blood work comes up clean, he wants another CT scan and blood work in 3 months. So, I sit and wait. I don't want to do any a-fib procedure until I see if this problem gets resolved.
Hope the labs come back soon and that it's good news, Bal.
stark

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Anybody tried going to the E-Ponies website in the past couple of days?

Beware!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
starrydreamer

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Ballerina wrote:Damn these a-fib attacks. They fall on me like a ton of bricks. Cardiologist is pushing me to consider the Watchman procedure so I don't have to continue on a blood thinner.

The waiting is the worst. I hope you get good news, Ballerina.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Anybody tried going to the E-Ponies website in the past couple of days?

Beware
!

Why are you warning us, Stark? Did you encounter some sort of malware? :(
stark

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:04 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Anybody tried going to the E-Ponies website in the past couple of days?

Beware
!

yep, got some sort of Trojan warning, blocked, no access.
stark

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:04 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Anybody tried going to the E-Ponies website in the past couple of days?

Beware
!

yep, got some sort of Trojan warning, blocked, no access.
Somnambulist

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 am

When it costs me $460 a month to get to work I think I deserve better than having my trains cancelled every Monday. Then paying for parking on another branch..

I think my 3 year plan now includes getting out of NY in 1.5 years.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
starrydreamer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Somnambulist wrote:When it costs me $460 a month to get to work I think I deserve better than having my trains cancelled every Monday. Then paying for parking on another branch..

I love the purgatory that is NYC and I miss the beach like crazy, but leaving the place was a great move. Chicago and Minneapolis both have good public transportation systems and are cheaper (Minneapolis especially).
Catalina

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Somnambulist wrote:When it costs me $460 a month to get to work I think I deserve better than having my trains cancelled every Monday. Then paying for parking on another branch..

Good luck with the preliminary ground work.
Somnambulist

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Catalina wrote:

It's a pipe dream. We're going to die here. Both his and my family are here, and none of them are looking to leave. Assholes.
serenassong

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:26 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Catalina wrote:

It's a pipe dream. We're going to die here. Both his and my family are here, and none of them are looking to leave. Assholes.
I have many relatives who live in your neck of the woods- and I have spent alot of time there. Not a easy place, CT is not much better.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Somnambulist

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Active shooter in Battery Park. I was supposed to leave work early today... but I'll pass. :shock:

This country has problems right now.
Catalina

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Catalina wrote:

Make it a very elaborate, detailed pipe dream then. And maybe, just maybe you will find yourself looking at it with wonder one day, and realizing that - by golly - this may actually work.

And if it never gets to that point, well, you had some pleasant daydreams.
Tessablue

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Active shooter in Battery Park. I was supposed to leave work early today... but I'll pass. :shock:

This country has problems right now.
Terrible. I hope you and yours are all safe.
serenassong

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Didn't know where else to put this, but my Father-in-Law was called home @ 9:45 am this morning. In a way, I'm relieved that he is no longer in pain. The BC is a great distraction right now.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:16 pm

My condolences on your family's loss, serenassong.
Catalina

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:My condolences on your family's loss, serenassong.
And mine as well, serenassong. May he rest in peace.
serenassong

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks for that. I appreciate it very much.
Somnambulist

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Commuting is so much fun.

Thank God my boyfriend had off and drove an hour plus to get me and brought slices of pizza for me. Bless him.
Last edited by Somnambulist on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.