Presidential Election Predictions

Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Lord Christ. Is there any way to delete this thread?
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Ballerina wrote:I'm happy
It must be nice to be able to look past one man's blatant racism, xenophobia and homophobia because it doesn't affect you.
Last edited by Starine on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiet Chris
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:14 am

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Don't mess with the US Intelligence community Hillary. :D


"President Donald Trump knows how to make America great, deal from strength or get crushed every time." lol

https://youtu.be/vPRfP_TEQ-g
User avatar
pointgivenfan
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 am

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Lord Christ. Is there any way to delete this thread?
Not if we hijack it with cinnamon roll recipes.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
middleground
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm

pointgivenfan wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:Lord Christ. Is there any way to delete this thread?
Not if we hijack it with cinnamon roll recipes.
A bitter, profanity-laced rant about whether or not to put sugar in cornbread would be a real addition to this thread.

(The answer isn't just no, it's #$@$ NO.)
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Ballerina wrote:I'm happy
I'm happy and surprised.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9722
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

A bitter, profanity-laced rant about whether or not to put sugar in cornbread would be a real addition to this thread.

(The answer isn't just no, it's #$@$ NO.)


^ This. :lol:
I'm sorry, but savory, slightly salty cornbread is SO much better than sweet, crumbly cornbread.
If you wanted cake, you should have ordered cake. :P
sweettalk
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:28 pm

whoa there friends.

sweet cornbread, always. period. the end. get your savoury crumb-cubes outta here.

also; add fresh corn kernels to cornbread batter. you're welcome.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Well... I do love cornbread...
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Starine wrote:
Ballerina wrote:I'm happy
It must be nice to be able to look past one man's blatant racism, xenophobia and homophobia because it doesn't affect you.
I'm just adorably deplorable. :D
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Starine wrote:
Ballerina wrote:I'm happy
It must be nice to be able to look past one man's blatant racism, xenophobia and homophobia because it doesn't affect you.
I'm just adorably deplorable. :D
Among other things, yes. The fact you find other peoples' fear amusing speaks volumes about you (and hint: not in a good way). I know you're getting up there in years and grew up in a time where such viewpoints and isms were acceptable --even encouraged-- but surely it isn't too late for even someone like you to learn empathy or a little humanity.
Last edited by Starine on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2175
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:19 pm

sweettalk wrote:an oompa loompa is president and tolberone just cut back on their chocolate. suspicious.
god thank you for that, i needed that chuckle.
peeptoad
Posts: 2677
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:25 am

Somnambulist wrote:Lord Christ. Is there any way to delete this thread?
here here
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 am

I too want this thread deleted. I've decided I want to talk horse racing here and nothing else.
djnorth
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:52 am

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:48 am

I'd like to talk about cinnamon buns.
Horsebagger
Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:00 am

djnorth wrote:I'd like to talk about cinnamon buns.
or our favorite scenes/characters from Willy Wonka?
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:15 am

Horsebagger wrote:
djnorth wrote:I'd like to talk about cinnamon buns.
or our favorite scenes/characters from Willy Wonka?
YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
sweettalk
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:02 am

Horsebagger wrote:
djnorth wrote:I'd like to talk about cinnamon buns.
or our favorite scenes/characters from Willy Wonka?
"you're turning violet, violet!"
my favourite line and i don't actually have a valid reason as to why. i just really love it.

and the trippy terrifying boat ride? yeah, i'd ride that! :D
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:13 am

I think of that scene every time I eat blue food.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:40 am

Starine wrote:
Ballerina wrote:
I'm just adorably deplorable. :D
Among other things, yes. The fact you find other peoples' fear amusing speaks volumes about you (and hint: not in a good way). I know you're getting up there in years and grew up in a time where such viewpoints and isms were acceptable --even encouraged-- but surely it isn't too late for even someone like you to learn empathy or a little humanity.
You do need help. I hope you find it, practice it, and show tolerance for those who think differently. As far as the empathy and humanity part? You haven't a clue.

Yes, this thread should be taken down. It's just become a wailing wall for sore losers who think they'll feel better stacking people.

All this because I said I was happy. Sad. Done.
Post Reply