Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm

TVG passed along the info that all three jockeys were up and seemed OK. They were going to ride back to the jock's room to be checked out.
It did not sound good for Double Cabernet, who appeared to have suffered severe injury. I didn't hear if she was euthanized, but it's very possible. :(
The other two horses, Quinta Tata & Hana's Dream, were more fortunate and may be OK. I know one of them crossed the wire without her rider.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9000
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 am

Melissa Bauer-Herzog Retweeted
Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
2h2 hours ago
GINGERNUTS' UPDATE - we confess to being excited today!! WOOP WOOP excited! Positive news from Australia! Our rehab team advises Jerry's growing stronger each day, gaining weight, walking quite soundly, walking out for a pick of grass twice daily, could be home in Feb! #jerrylove
Image
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby WarBiscuit » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:39 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TVG passed along the info that all three jockeys were up and seemed OK. They were going to ride back to the jock's room to be checked out.
It did not sound good for Double Cabernet, who appeared to have suffered severe injury. I didn't hear if she was euthanized, but it's very possible. :(
The other two horses, Quinta Tata & Hana's Dream, were more fortunate and may be OK. I know one of them crossed the wire without her rider.


Double Cabernet was euthanized. The other two apparently survived.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Another three-horse spill at Gulfstream, in the 10th race. TVG said that they heard that all three horses were up...but standing doesn't always mean uninjured. :(
ETA: The 8 apparently clipped heels and fell and then the 5 and 3 fell because of the 8?
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9000
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Running Trappes clipped heels and went down in a somersaulting flop in the 9th at Gulfstream. :shock: That caused the horse to his outside to lose its rider.
TVG relayed the news that he was up and the outriders had both horses. Hope that it is as hopeful as it sounds.

UPDATE: Both horses appear to be OK, but both jockeys have been transported to the hospital. Conscious and alert, but apparently needing more attention than what they would get at the track's first aid.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9000
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Sing the Dream went down hard in the 5th at Aqueduct on the backstretch. Both horse and rider are down. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9000
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:31 pm

David Grening @DRFGrening
3m3 minutes ago
Jockey Andre Worrie got up and walked away seemingly unscathed. Unfortunately, Sing the Dream is being euthanized.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Northport » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Mushaakis looked to break down yesterday in the final 2 furlongs in the 3rd race at Meydan, dumping jockey Dane O'Neill pretty hard. Usually I can find out a horse's status pretty easily on Twitter, but haven't had any luck.
weeeeeeeee
User avatar
Northport
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Catalina » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Northport wrote:Mushaakis looked to break down yesterday in the final 2 furlongs in the 3rd race at Meydan, dumping jockey Dane O'Neill pretty hard. Usually I can find out a horse's status pretty easily on Twitter, but haven't had any luck.


Raced 2/3 -- pulled up/DNF
Raced 1/26 -- finished 6 out of 7
Raced 1/20 -- finished 6 out of 15

8YO gelding, owned by Mr. Hamdan Al Maktoum, trained by A. Al Rayhi, UAE
Catalina
 
Posts: 3089
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Melissa Bauer-Herzog Retweeted
Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
2h2 hours ago
GINGERNUTS' UPDATE - we confess to being excited today!! WOOP WOOP excited! Positive news from Australia! Our rehab team advises Jerry's growing stronger each day, gaining weight, walking quite soundly, walking out for a pick of grass twice daily, could be home in Feb! #jerrylove

He's home!

Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
53m53 minutes ago
Such a happy day and so special to have @GuyHeveldt @TVNZ and @Agent200 @TAB_Racing @TABtrackside here at Te Akau Stud to capture it! #jerrylove
Image
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest