Waiting for news on ...

Post Reply
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Katrina's Prince Saturday 9/21 at Laurel race 5 chart says "KATRINA'S PRINCE , outrun, broke down approaching the wire and was vanned off. "
second_glance
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Heard this was a horrible spill. Think another jock was hurt too, but don't know who. Have no info on the horses involved either. Fingers crossed.

Ray Paulick ‏@raypaulick 2m
Jockey Alonso Quinonez taken by medivac to USC Hospital head trauma unit following R12 spill at @BarrettsSandR per @HRTV report
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 pm

I was just catching up on some of the later races, and Tea Party Girl broke down in the Pink Ribbon at Charles Town and dropped jockey Ivan Cruz.

Then the Barrett's race 12 (maiden claiming) had two fall: Bright Town clipped heels and went down, and Miss Purple Rain ran into her and fell. Jockeys involved were Julien Couton and Alonso Quinonez. It looked messy, like maybe one of them ran into the rail and flipped some of that into the air.

Edit: HRTV says that Julien was loaded onto a backboard and taken out by ambulance. They say that both riders were on the ground and didn't get up after the spill.

Miss Purple Rain walked off the track, and Bright Town was vanned off.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1451
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:37 pm

@raypaulick: Jockey Alonso Quinonez taken by medivac to USC Hospital head trauma unit following R12 spill at @BarrettsSandR per @HRTV report

@raypaulick: Julien Couton, involved in @BarrettsSandR spill, appeared OK, per @HRTV. Bright Town clipped heels, threw Alonso Quinonez, taken to USC Hosp
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:18 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:@raypaulick: Jockey Alonso Quinonez taken by medivac to USC Hospital head trauma unit following R12 spill at @BarrettsSandR per @HRTV report

@raypaulick: Julien Couton, involved in @BarrettsSandR spill, appeared OK, per @HRTV. Bright Town clipped heels, threw Alonso Quinonez, taken to USC Hosp
Re-tweeted by Ray Paulick:
Aaron Gryder ‏@AaronGryder
Send your prayers and positive energy to jockey Alonzo Quinonez after a bad accident today. Wishing you a quick and complete recovery !
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 am

Sounds like good news for Alonzo Quinonez!

Mia Allen ‏@Mia_riecken 7m
@raypaulick just heard from Alonso sister-in- law & brother. He is okay, only sore arm to report. Everything else ok. Thanks for praying.
Catalina
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:08 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Sounds like good news for Alonzo Quinonez!

Mia Allen ‏@Mia_riecken 7m
@raypaulick just heard from Alonso sister-in- law & brother. He is okay, only sore arm to report. Everything else ok. Thanks for praying.
That sounds hopeful. Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:49 pm

PONYRCR wrote:Katrina's Prince Saturday 9/21 at Laurel race 5 chart says "KATRINA'S PRINCE , outrun, broke down approaching the wire and was vanned off. "
Was at Laurel yesterday and saw him break down. Did not go down and jockey jumped off and held Prince around the neck rubbing him while waiting for the vet. Was a right foreleg, not open. Leg was stabilized on track (was on the turf) and was then vanned off. Still waiting for an update.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Update from DRF...no head injury, but he fractured his tailbone. And I know from experience that that is really painful...you get a shooting pain in your arse from doing the simplest things when you shift your weight.
http://www.drf.com/news/barretts-fairpl ... agent-says
User avatar
Le Beau Bai
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Jess Gettitin Done (QH) brokedown in the first at Zia today
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Ziggypop
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:03 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Update from DRF...no head injury, but he fractured his tailbone. And I know from experience that that is really painful...you get a shooting pain in your arse from doing the simplest things when you shift your weight.
http://www.drf.com/news/barretts-fairpl ... agent-says
It is very painful and mine is still is uncomfortable 40 years later.
The Tin Man
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Per DRF ... The official diagnosis on Alonso is that he has a hairline fracture in his tailbone ... He should be out 6 weeks ...

Julien's status is supposed to be updated soon ...

And per someone who commented on the article ... They said they spoke with people on the backside at Fairplex who said NOTH of the horses are ok ... Just a bit sore.

WHEW!!! For all involved! :)

http://www.drf.com/news/barretts-fairpl ... agent-says
JT Dancer
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 am

Ziggypop wrote: It is very painful and mine is still is uncomfortable 40 years later.
I reinjured (but didn't fracture) my tailbone 8 years ago, and it is still very uncomfortable if I sit for too long. Tailbone injuries are something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy- they hurt a lot and then when people find out your injury there are the inevitable "broken butt" jokes and laughs... Funny for the joke tellers, but not so funny when you are trying to return to work after a two week vacation spent basically prone :lol:
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm

The Tin Man wrote:And per someone who commented on the article ... They said they spoke with people on the backside at Fairplex who said NOTH of the horses are ok ... Just a bit sore.
Wow! That's awesome, and pretty incredible. It looked bad when it happened.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
The Tin Man
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
The Tin Man wrote:And per someone who commented on the article ... They said they spoke with people on the backside at Fairplex who said NOTH of the horses are ok ... Just a bit sore.
Wow! That's awesome, and pretty incredible. It looked bad when it happened.
Lets just hope they're right ...

I know one was vanned off ... so I hope their info was accurate.
With Anticipation
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Z Medford Springer fell in the first tonight at Charles Town while leading at the top of the stretch, it did not look good.
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Monmouth Park - Race 8 today - Flatout Royal broke down and HOV Lane then fell over him. :( Flatout Royal broke through the rail while rolling and HOV Lane appeared to jump up but be severely injured. Can anyone confirm?
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 pm

With Anticipation wrote:Z Medford Springer fell in the first tonight at Charles Town while leading at the top of the stretch, it did not look good.
Looked terrible and TVG advised that the jockey was being treated for a wrist injury and the filly was confirmed to have "broken down" so i'm assuming she was euthanized on track.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 pm

baitandswitch wrote:Monmouth Park - Race 8 today - Flatout Royal broke down and HOV Lane then fell over him. :( Flatout Royal broke through the rail while rolling and HOV Lane appeared to jump up but be severely injured. Can anyone confirm?
It was actually race #10, and the chart states that Flatout Royal broke down, which almost always means that the horse is gone. I saw it and it looked really bad, not sure about Hov Lane, but I would venture to say that their was some type of injury to say the least.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 3USA10.pdf
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Calypso
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:56 am

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 am

Order of Magnitude pulled up & vanned off in the 5th at Keeneland on Friday. Any news would be appreciated.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
Post Reply