Page 66 of 76

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 am
by BaroqueAgain1
Send him an email with a little tact and perhaps he'll do better next time.

I tried, Curtis. I actually sent a couple of emails to both Free and McKeever (who took the Mon. and Tues. morning slots when we usually get to enjoy Rich Perloff), but they didn't read them. I'm not feeling especially slighted, because I never heard either of them read emails from anyone. They only read Tweets.
Maybe they don't know how to access the TVG emails, or just wanted to skip that part of 'Capsule. :P

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 am
by Catalina
Salzman runner Eyesfirst who broke down in the 3rd race at Laurel yesterday.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 am
by Sparrow Castle
Didn't see that anyone has posted about this kiwi boy. He's had quite a fight going. If you're the praying type, now's a good time. Te Akau Racing has been updating his progress on Twitter, which had been looking cautiously good. Below are a couple of articles about his injury Nov 12. His isn't a name one would forget, and I was watching the race, I think on TVG. They call him Jerry.

Te Akau Racing‏ @TeAkauRacing
5h5 hours ago
GINGERNUTS update - v mixed few days for our boy. Infection likelihood in joint/pastern now slim but new concern with onset of lameness in affected leg. Pain relief increased but he's comfortable & a super patient. We will all keep putting his interests first #jerrylove

https://www.racing.com/news/2017-11-12/ ... gingernuts

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/98 ... race-again

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:21 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Favored Speighgal broke down shortly after the start of the Tropical Park Oaks at Gulfstream. Did not sound good. :(

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:22 pm
by Katewerk
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Favored Speighgal broke down shortly after the start of the Tropical Park Oaks at Gulfstream. Did not sound good. :(
Screens were up in the background in the post race interview.

Edit.

@thetimdwyer
1m1 minute ago

Ghostly Presence’s winning time for the 1 1/16 mile Tropical Park Oaks was 1:42.79. Race was marred by tragedy as favorite Speighgal broke down on the front stretch and was euthanized. @GulfstreamPark @Sentinel_Sports @NTRA

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:48 pm
by lurkey mclurker
Yay for happy news!
Te Akau Racing‏ @TeAkauRacing

GINGERNUTS update! excited today - he's doing well at his rehab farm, bloods stable, bandage change clear, off painkillers - moving as well as can be expected! Happy, putting on weight, good in the coat! How amazing is his specialist team - best New Year news ever! #jerrylove
Image

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:42 am
by Sparrow Castle
lurkey mclurker wrote:Yay for happy news!
Te Akau Racing‏ @TeAkauRacing

GINGERNUTS update! excited today - he's doing well at his rehab farm, bloods stable, bandage change clear, off painkillers - moving as well as can be expected! Happy, putting on weight, good in the coat! How amazing is his specialist team - best New Year news ever! #jerrylove
Image
Stay strong, Jerry! We're rooting for you.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 pm
by carole
Horrific accident at Wincaton in the 3:45 hurdle. Favourite Edvardo brought down by faller, continues running on and gets tangled in his own reins. Second time around the screen was brought out, really doesn't look good. :(

ETA: It seems nothing more could be done and Edvardo had to be euthanised

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Arunachala suffered what looked like a severe injury in the 5th at Santa Anita down the hillside turf course. Pulled up quickly but it did not look good. :(

Update: TVG just passed along the news that the Peter Eurton-trained filly was able to walk onto a van for the trip back to the stable. Unfortunately, an exam revealed she had two badly broken sesamoids, and could not be saved. :cry:
Britney has taken the rest of the day off from the TVG desk.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm
by interco
Three horses down in spill 8th GP. Any news appreciated.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
TVG passed along the info that all three jockeys were up and seemed OK. They were going to ride back to the jock's room to be checked out.
It did not sound good for Double Cabernet, who appeared to have suffered severe injury. I didn't hear if she was euthanized, but it's very possible. :(
The other two horses, Quinta Tata & Hana's Dream, were more fortunate and may be OK. I know one of them crossed the wire without her rider.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 am
by Sparrow Castle
Melissa Bauer-Herzog Retweeted
Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
2h2 hours ago
GINGERNUTS' UPDATE - we confess to being excited today!! WOOP WOOP excited! Positive news from Australia! Our rehab team advises Jerry's growing stronger each day, gaining weight, walking quite soundly, walking out for a pick of grass twice daily, could be home in Feb! #jerrylove
Image

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:39 pm
by WarBiscuit
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TVG passed along the info that all three jockeys were up and seemed OK. They were going to ride back to the jock's room to be checked out.
It did not sound good for Double Cabernet, who appeared to have suffered severe injury. I didn't hear if she was euthanized, but it's very possible. :(
The other two horses, Quinta Tata & Hana's Dream, were more fortunate and may be OK. I know one of them crossed the wire without her rider.
Double Cabernet was euthanized. The other two apparently survived.

WarBiscuit

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:32 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Another three-horse spill at Gulfstream, in the 10th race. TVG said that they heard that all three horses were up...but standing doesn't always mean uninjured. :(
ETA: The 8 apparently clipped heels and fell and then the 5 and 3 fell because of the 8?

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:18 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Running Trappes clipped heels and went down in a somersaulting flop in the 9th at Gulfstream. :shock: That caused the horse to his outside to lose its rider.
TVG relayed the news that he was up and the outriders had both horses. Hope that it is as hopeful as it sounds.

UPDATE: Both horses appear to be OK, but both jockeys have been transported to the hospital. Conscious and alert, but apparently needing more attention than what they would get at the track's first aid.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Sing the Dream went down hard in the 5th at Aqueduct on the backstretch. Both horse and rider are down. :(

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:31 pm
by Sparrow Castle
David Grening @DRFGrening
3m3 minutes ago
Jockey Andre Worrie got up and walked away seemingly unscathed. Unfortunately, Sing the Dream is being euthanized.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm
by Northport
Mushaakis looked to break down yesterday in the final 2 furlongs in the 3rd race at Meydan, dumping jockey Dane O'Neill pretty hard. Usually I can find out a horse's status pretty easily on Twitter, but haven't had any luck.

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm
by Catalina
Northport wrote:Mushaakis looked to break down yesterday in the final 2 furlongs in the 3rd race at Meydan, dumping jockey Dane O'Neill pretty hard. Usually I can find out a horse's status pretty easily on Twitter, but haven't had any luck.
Raced 2/3 -- pulled up/DNF
Raced 1/26 -- finished 6 out of 7
Raced 1/20 -- finished 6 out of 15

8YO gelding, owned by Mr. Hamdan Al Maktoum, trained by A. Al Rayhi, UAE

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Sparrow Castle wrote:Melissa Bauer-Herzog Retweeted
Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
2h2 hours ago
GINGERNUTS' UPDATE - we confess to being excited today!! WOOP WOOP excited! Positive news from Australia! Our rehab team advises Jerry's growing stronger each day, gaining weight, walking quite soundly, walking out for a pick of grass twice daily, could be home in Feb! #jerrylove
He's home!

Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
53m53 minutes ago
Such a happy day and so special to have @GuyHeveldt @TVNZ and @Agent200 @TAB_Racing @TABtrackside here at Te Akau Stud to capture it! #jerrylove
Image