Waiting for news on ...

horsefan

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Horse unseated a rider in the 6th at KEE in the stretch first time around. Jockey on track and outriders directed jockeys to the outside of the track and pull up.
horsefan

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:56 pm

horsefan wrote:Horse unseated a rider in the 6th at KEE in the stretch first time around. Jockey on track and outriders directed jockeys to the outside of the track and pull up.
Per DRF - No contest at #Kee after Calvin Borel on Sonic Dancer unseated passing finish first time;outriders waved off field as they came into stretch.
Borel loaded into ambulance at #Kee; moving arms, legs but placed on stretcher and head secured; was motionless for short while after fall.
horsefan

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Sad news per DRF - Sonic Dancer was put down after R6 at #Kee, stewards said; broke his leg;as for Calvin Borel, he was run over by trailing horse, struck hard.
second_glance

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 pm

horsefan wrote:Sad news per DRF - Sonic Dancer was put down after R6 at #Kee, stewards said; broke his leg;as for Calvin Borel, he was run over by trailing horse, struck hard.
From Lisa Borel: Please pray for Calvin I am on my way to UK trauma center right now looks like a concussion not sure of severity but will keep posted -LB

He also has a banged-up leg that's causing pain. He was moving all appendages and his vitals were stable, but on-track doc was concerned about the concussion. He was basically run over by a trailing horse.
second_glance

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

http://horseracing.bloginky.com/2013/10 ... and-spill/

They sent a DVD of the race and spill to the hospital with Calvin, so that trauma/neuro docs could see exactly what happened.
serenassong

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

I was wondering what the heck happened, since I saw the result being "Race cancelled per management decision"

R. I. P. Sonic Dancer and hope Calvin is ok.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Ballerina

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 am

serenassong

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

second_glance wrote:Spicer Cub went lame after finishing a good second in the Maryland Million Starter Handicap yesterday. This morning his trainer said he has a hind-end issue that will require surgery, but should come back fine.

You may remember Spicer as the horse who first bolted in a race, then ran behind the starting gate parked in the stretch.

Latest on Spicer Club- is expected to return
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... to-racing/
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
PJMIII

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Square Dancer clipped heels and fell in the 3rd race at Santa Anita yesterday. Anyone hear how he horse made out?
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

I think I heard TVG say that the horse trotted off, and a Steve Anderson DRF Tweet says the "horse ran off." I hope that means Square Dancer is OK.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Secret Compass went down in the Juv. Fillies, going into the last turn, according to what i just heard on calracing. John v. down on the track.
Dammm.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Now hearing condylar fracture, dislocated ankle on Secret Compass...Johnny V. sitting up. That does not sound good for the filly.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Secret Compass has been euthanized.
Johnny V. is being replaced on some of his upcoming mounts...don't know if he's off all of his BC rides.
She's A Tiger and Gary Stevens DQ'd from their hard-fought win.
What a frelling awful way to start the day.
Ziggypop

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:58 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Secret Compass went down in the Juv. Fillies, going into the last turn, according to what i just heard on calracing. John v. down on the track.
Dammm.
Oh no. As a newbie, it seems there has been a lot of Baffert horses that are no longer with us. And I could be very wrong.
horsefan

Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Ziggypop wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Secret Compass went down in the Juv. Fillies, going into the last turn, according to what i just heard on calracing. John v. down on the track.
Dammm.
Oh no. As a newbie, it seems there has been a lot of Baffert horses that are no longer with us. And I could be very wrong.
You are right. But according to Bo Derek, nothing is wrong. Very sad. An unreal number of cardiovascular collapses.
Calypso

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Secret Compass has been euthanized.
Johnny V. is being replaced on some of his upcoming mounts...don't know if he's off all of his BC rides.
She's A Tiger and Gary Stevens DQ'd from their hard-fought win.
What a frelling awful way to start the day.
It's been confirmed that Johnny V is in surgery right now having his spleen removed.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
Lakeway

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Centralinteligence was scheduled to have his surgery today. I've been looking, but haven't seen any news. Wondering is anyone has heard anything?
Thanks...
PONYRCR

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Lakeway wrote:Centralinteligence was scheduled to have his surgery today. I've been looking, but haven't seen any news. Wondering is anyone has heard anything?
Thanks...
Nick Hines aka SARGE ‏@Hinesite 3h

Happy to report that Centralintelligence, per surgeon Dr. McElwraith, is recovering well from surgery to repair a condylar fx. #BC13DirtMile
Lakeway

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 pm

PONYRCR wrote:
Lakeway wrote:Centralinteligence was scheduled to have his surgery today. I've been looking, but haven't seen any news. Wondering is anyone has heard anything?
Thanks...

Happy to report that Centralintelligence, per surgeon Dr. McElwraith, is recovering well from surgery to repair a condylar fx. #BC13DirtMile
Thanks so much - now for an uneventful recovery...
Catalina

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Lakeway wrote:
PONYRCR wrote:
Thanks...

Thanks so much - now for an uneventful recovery...
That would be so great. Prayers and good wishes for Centralinteligence. Thank you for letting us know, PONYRCR.