Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby horsefan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Horse unseated a rider in the 6th at KEE in the stretch first time around. Jockey on track and outriders directed jockeys to the outside of the track and pull up.
horsefan

Postby horsefan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:56 pm

horsefan wrote:Horse unseated a rider in the 6th at KEE in the stretch first time around. Jockey on track and outriders directed jockeys to the outside of the track and pull up.

Per DRF - No contest at #Kee after Calvin Borel on Sonic Dancer unseated passing finish first time;outriders waved off field as they came into stretch.
Borel loaded into ambulance at #Kee; moving arms, legs but placed on stretcher and head secured; was motionless for short while after fall.
horsefan

Postby horsefan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Sad news per DRF - Sonic Dancer was put down after R6 at #Kee, stewards said; broke his leg;as for Calvin Borel, he was run over by trailing horse, struck hard.
horsefan

Postby second_glance » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 pm

horsefan wrote:Sad news per DRF - Sonic Dancer was put down after R6 at #Kee, stewards said; broke his leg;as for Calvin Borel, he was run over by trailing horse, struck hard.

From Lisa Borel: Please pray for Calvin I am on my way to UK trauma center right now looks like a concussion not sure of severity but will keep posted -LB

He also has a banged-up leg that's causing pain. He was moving all appendages and his vitals were stable, but on-track doc was concerned about the concussion. He was basically run over by a trailing horse.
second_glance

Postby second_glance » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

http://horseracing.bloginky.com/2013/10 ... and-spill/

They sent a DVD of the race and spill to the hospital with Calvin, so that trauma/neuro docs could see exactly what happened.
second_glance

Postby serenassong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

I was wondering what the heck happened, since I saw the result being "Race cancelled per management decision"

R. I. P. Sonic Dancer and hope Calvin is ok.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Ballerina » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 am

Ballerina

Postby serenassong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

second_glance wrote:Spicer Cub went lame after finishing a good second in the Maryland Million Starter Handicap yesterday. This morning his trainer said he has a hind-end issue that will require surgery, but should come back fine.

You may remember Spicer as the horse who first bolted in a race, then ran behind the starting gate parked in the stretch.

Latest on Spicer Club- is expected to return
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... to-racing/
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby PJMIII » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Square Dancer clipped heels and fell in the 3rd race at Santa Anita yesterday. Anyone hear how he horse made out?
PJMIII

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

I think I heard TVG say that the horse trotted off, and a Steve Anderson DRF Tweet says the "horse ran off." I hope that means Square Dancer is OK.
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?