In memoriam 2015

User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Just found out that Hertzalot has a death report filed
Smart Strike x Megahertz(GB) 2011
R. I. P.
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... registry=T
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Sad coincidence that this has come to light only two days after the stakes race named for that brilliant little mare. :(
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:11 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Sad coincidence that this has come to light only two days after the stakes race named for that brilliant little mare. :(
Actually, that is why I went on the hunt for him, and sadly found out.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Izvestia
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am

Just checked to see if anything had occurred with a colt I was hoping to follow, Bassanio (Speightstown-Holy Nova), and there is a death report on him for 2015.
He was a $200,000 yearling purchase for Juddmonte, and I believe Baffert had him for a short while. He never started. RIP Bassanio.
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Some 2015 deaths in Korea:

Sakura Seeking, foaled 1994 (Seeking the Gold x Daring Danzig), a half brother to Ecton Park, Daring Heart, Pit Fighter, etc. died in February 2015.

Fiercely, foaled 1988 (Danzig x Whirl Series), leading Korean sire from 1998 to 2004 and a full brother to Grade 1 winner Furiously, died July 2015.

Kingsky, foaled 1979 (Sportsky x Frumence). This guy doesn't look like he produced much, and he was from Australia so he's not someone we would have heard anything about, but I thought it was worth mentioning because he was over 36 when he died in July 2015--he was exported to Korea in 1982.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1655
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:24 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Some 2015 deaths in Korea:

Sakura Seeking, foaled 1994 (Seeking the Gold x Daring Danzig), a half brother to Ecton Park, Daring Heart, Pit Fighter, etc. died in February 2015.

Fiercely, foaled 1988 (Danzig x Whirl Series), leading Korean sire from 1998 to 2004 and a full brother to Grade 1 winner Furiously, died July 2015.

Kingsky, foaled 1979 (Sportsky x Frumence). This guy doesn't look like he produced much, and he was from Australia so he's not someone we would have heard anything about, but I thought it was worth mentioning because he was over 36 when he died in July 2015--he was exported to Korea in 1982.
But didn't you know they treat their horses so terribly? :roll:
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:Some 2015 deaths in Korea:

Sakura Seeking, foaled 1994 (Seeking the Gold x Daring Danzig), a half brother to Ecton Park, Daring Heart, Pit Fighter, etc. died in February 2015.

Fiercely, foaled 1988 (Danzig x Whirl Series), leading Korean sire from 1998 to 2004 and a full brother to Grade 1 winner Furiously, died July 2015.

Kingsky, foaled 1979 (Sportsky x Frumence). This guy doesn't look like he produced much, and he was from Australia so he's not someone we would have heard anything about, but I thought it was worth mentioning because he was over 36 when he died in July 2015--he was exported to Korea in 1982.
But didn't you know they treat their horses so terribly? :roll:
Kingsky was older than everyone I work with :lol:
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
User avatar
Afrashad
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Mandellicht (IRE) (dam of Manduro) died sometime in 2015.
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:20 pm

I was checking on some horses who went MIA and discovered that FASHION ALERT died in 2015
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:07 pm

serenassong wrote:Just found out that Hertzalot has a death report filed
Smart Strike x Megahertz(GB) 2011
R. I. P.
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... registry=T
FWIW, Pedigree Query has this notation:
Fractured his leg in Race 8, an ALW at Laurel Park on August 9, 2015 & was euthanized August 12, 2015. RIP.
:cry:
MTO
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:57 pm

PONYRCR wrote:I was checking on some horses who went MIA and discovered that FASHION ALERT died in 2015
I am sorry to hear this. I noticed she dropped off the radar awhile back. I was hoping this was because she was going to be a bred.
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:28 pm

MTO wrote:
PONYRCR wrote:I was checking on some horses who went MIA and discovered that FASHION ALERT died in 2015
I am sorry to hear this. I noticed she dropped off the radar awhile back. I was hoping this was because she was going to be a bred.
I was checking to see if she had been bred. I thought it was odd that she hadn't and ran her name through the Jockey Club site and saw that she had died.
User avatar
Sunline
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:05 am
Location: New Zealand

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Sorry to bring this back up to the top.

Sophisticat(USA) died on 9 December.
Sunline (1995-2009)- Queen of the Turf/ Mare of the World.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:15 am

Sunline wrote:Sorry to bring this back up to the top.

Sophisticat(USA) died on 9 December.
Oh no. So sorry to hear this. She would have been 17 in January. Wonder what happened.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:31 pm

She was down under last I heard, Serena has outlived 3 daughters, and as far as I know, all the boys are still alive. Godspeed English Queen of the Turf.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:37 am

Ponche De Leona's 2014 Distorted Humor colt died sometime in 2015.
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1504
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Sunline wrote:Sorry to bring this back up to the top.

Sophisticat(USA) died on 9 December.
RIP pretty girl :(

Wait three daughters of Serena's Song died? Outside of Sophisticat and Serena's Tune... who was the 3rd??

ETA: oh.. her 2012.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Cleaning up my Virtual Stable and I found a 2015 death report for Candy Wrap, Sweet August Moon's 2013 colt by Candy Ride. He's unraced.
Post Reply