Kelly Kip

Kelly Kip

Postby BlindLucky » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:24 pm

In honor of Allen Jerkens, Barbara Livingston posted a beautiful older picture of Kelly Kip today, with a note that said he died sometime in 2012. Does anyone know how, or anything about that? There's no death report on file, but his last report of mares bred was 2011, so it seems likely. He last stood in California, I think.

I was just curious. Barbara didn't seem to know what happened, and said she tried to search online but didn't find any info (I couldn't either).
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Re: Kelly Kip

Postby Flanders » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:37 am

BlindLucky wrote:In honor of Allen Jerkens, Barbara Livingston posted a beautiful older picture of Kelly Kip today, with a note that said he died sometime in 2012. Does anyone know how, or anything about that? There's no death report on file, but his last report of mares bred was 2011, so it seems likely. He last stood in California, I think.

I was just curious. Barbara didn't seem to know what happened, and said she tried to search online but didn't find any info (I couldn't either).

I don't think there was a press release. I vaguely remember looking at maybe, the CTBA stallion register, or something similar. It had a list of stallions that had died, left the state or been exported. I remember him being on the list and possibly Ten Most Wanted. I looked TMW up and he was sent to Panama in late 2012. So it would make sense that Kelly Kip died in 2012. he was standing at Vinewood Farms in California and covering Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses.
Flanders

Re: Kelly Kip

Postby Flanders » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:40 am

I found the page I mentioned above. He is on there, listed under deceased in 2014 but it has to include a couple years since In Excess, McCann’s Mojave, Silic, Ten Most Wanted, and probably others died in 2013.
http://ctba.com/breeding/new-stallions/
Flanders

Return to Whatever Happened To?