Far From Over

Far From Over

Postby Flanders » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:41 am

Is he retired? I haven't seen any news on him since his injury, or I missed it. He doesn't have any recent workouts.

Seeing that Khozan retired reminded me of this other Pletcher 3yo.
Flanders

Re: Far From Over

Postby PONYRCR » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:53 pm

I just recently read something that said he was training at Win Star in preparation for a return to racing. The same article also mention Khozan was also training at Win Star, but we see how that worked out. *fingers crossed* Far From Over makes it back.
PONYRCR

Postby Man o Taz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Still have not seen a recorded work for him. Hope to soon.
And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse.
-Bedouin Legend

Give to Old Friends, or your favorite local horse rescue.
Man o Taz

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:40 pm

BTW, Khozan was retired. I was disappointed about that, since the son of the great, late Delta Princess looked like he had the talent to be a very good runner.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... eyman-stud
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Flanders » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:46 pm

I found an article from November 17th that said he was supposed to go back to Pletcher in February. I would imagine we should start seeing works soon if all went according to plan.

“He’s at WinStar and has been galloping back for about a month,” said Nick Sallusto, advisor and racing manager for Steven Marshall’s Black Rock Thoroughbreds LLP. “We want to try and be ready for the spring races. We thought initially about trying to get ready for the [GI] Donn [H. at Gulfstream Park], and the more we thought about it, it made more sense to just give him a little more time and get ready for a spring/summer/fall campaign.”

“He’s developed really well,” Sallusto concluded. “He seems to have made a full recovery from the injury. We’re optimistic and excited to see if we can finish what we started.”

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/not-that-far-from-a-return/
Flanders

Postby PONYRCR » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Far From Over is entered in the 3rd race at Belmont Park on June 24, 2016
PONYRCR

Postby PONYRCR » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:45 pm

He won!
PONYRCR

Postby Flanders » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:51 pm

PONYRCR wrote:He won!

Thank you! I would have missed him being entered.
Flanders

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Flanders wrote:
PONYRCR wrote:He won!

Thank you! I would have missed him being entered.

Good for Far From Over! Makes me miss larrythek though. I think he was very high on this guy.

Far From Over Returns A Winner At Belmont
Away in good order, Far From Over stalked from the outside in a joint third, several lengths off a :22.71 quarter-mile set by Its All Relevant (Hard Spun). That one began to get away from the pack, but had to set a blazing half in :44.89 and blitz through three-quarters in 1:08.65 to do it. The favorite understandably dropped further off that tempo as the fractions quickened and was still third while under a drive midway on the turn. Diving to the rail at the top of the lane, Far From Over found his stride and rapidly inhaled the leaders, kicked clear in midstretch and held on while getting just a bit tired late to score by 1 1/2 lengths over Mills (Any Given Saturday). The winner is a half to And Why Not (Street Cry {Ire}), MGISP, $263,325, while his second dam is GISW Aldiza (Storm Cat). Alchemist most recently produced a 2-year-old Candy Ride (Arg) filly named Analyze. Sales History: $550,000 Ylg ’13 KEESEP. Lifetime Record: 3-3-0-0, $234,000.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/far-from-over-returns-a-winner-at-belmont/
Sparrow Castle

Return to Whatever Happened To?