Ju Jitsu Jax

serenassong

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Is running for a $6,250 tag tomorrow at GS, after a 2 year absence. I did send a message to West Point, and a message was passed along to Dallas Stewart today . A winner of almost $700k definitely deserves better than this. Hoping for a soft landing!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:11 pm

West Point is aware and trying to help. Will let you know more when I here, fingers crossed!
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:12 pm

serenassong wrote:West Point is aware and trying to help. Will let you know more when I hear, fingers crossed!
Sparrow Castle

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:28 pm

serenassong wrote:West Point is aware and trying to help. Will let you know more when I hear, fingers crossed!
Excellent! I'm very curious how this works out, as one of their former horses is racing at Camarero (doing well for now).
perfectsoul

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Isn't the owner Bruno Schickedanz kind of a sketchy guy? Wasn't he banned at Woodbine for a while because another one of his horses that broke down under similar circumstances?

I don't have a problem with older horses racing....it is his age combined with the layoff that bugs me. Florida stewards should be all over this.
Izvestia

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 pm

He was banned for basically killing Wake At Noon. I feel like there was more to the story, but yeah, poor Wake At Noon died because of that guy.
He was off for 2.5 years, came back at 13, and broke down.
BlindLucky

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:25 pm

I don't know where the horse has been working, but there's also the fact that he has only had TWO posted works in the last 60 days from anywhere with a clocker that Equibase picks up. He could have been working at a little farm or something, but even minor training centers normally have published works.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Sparrow Castle

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:17 am

Maybe Ju Jitsu Jax had been training at Schickedanz's farm, like Wake at Noon. I don't know if the guy is getting stalls at Woodbine again, but they banned him due to the Wake at Noon incident, even after the ORC granted him a stay and did not suspend his license. Turns out it wasn't illegal to have the horse on the training track under WEG rules. I think there was a lot more to the story...maybe something to do with the trainer or how he got onto the track...but I can't remember the details.

Schickedanz defends horse's return to track
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... le1377351/
On Tuesday, Schickedanz, along with several of his current and former staff, testified that in the months leading up to his death, Wake at Noon appeared fit and eager to run. He had been training for several months at the Schickedanz farm, they said.
serenassong

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:55 am

From what I am seeing, the horse has been scratched and a deal is in the works. Not sure if it's West Point ( a client of theirs actually bred the horse) or not. Will let you know of any new developments- all credit goes to Maggi Moss for sending out the alert, and letting people know about this.
Sparrow Castle

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:14 am

I had a chat with a lad at West Point today. He said there's been a delay because Mr. Schickedanz is thinking about breeding Ju Jitsu Jax.

I also put Go Black Tie on their radar screen in case he needs future help leaving Camarero.
Izvestia

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:29 am

Keep the horse on watch - Wake At Noon was retired to breed but was returned to the track.
serenassong

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Thanks for the updates. Will keep an eye out.
Sparrow Castle

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:52 am

Back home at his farm! Hooray!!!

Mindy Lovell
Who's SO handsome! Ju Jitsu Jax - multiple stakes winning war horse with earnings of close to $700,000. - officially retired from the track and home in Canada :)
serenassong

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:31 pm

How wonderful!
Lord Helpus

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:15 am

Good going everyone! Maggi is the best at finding these old warriors and makeing sure they have a soft landing.