APPLE Should or Shouldn't?

User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 pm

I know that the judge already ruled that Apple didn't have to build this backdoor system but I think what a lot of people don't realize is that if Apple has to do this for our country... why not the rest of the world? Apple is an INTERNATIONAL Country so if they allow ONE government in, there is nothing that says they can't allow the others. Apple phones are all over the world. If you are okay with them giving the backdoor code to the FBI, are you okay with them giving them to the other countries in the world?
stark
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:18 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:I know that the judge already ruled that Apple didn't have to build this backdoor system but I think what a lot of people don't realize is that if Apple has to do this for our country... why not the rest of the world? Apple is an INTERNATIONAL Country so if they allow ONE government in, there is nothing that says they can't allow the others. Apple phones are all over the world. If you are okay with them giving the backdoor code to the FBI, are you okay with them giving them to the other countries in the world?
What if...What if...What if...What if...What if....What if....What if....What if....What if..What if....

That could go on forever, unfortunately a timely decision may be very necessary and for the greater good, in this case National Security in the USA. This particular case should've reached a quick solution already while all the "what if's" can be raised as needed going forward. As I understand it, the FBI is asking for access NOT the backdoor code, leaving APPLE in complete control.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:07 pm

stark wrote:
CoronadosQuest wrote:I know that the judge already ruled that Apple didn't have to build this backdoor system but I think what a lot of people don't realize is that if Apple has to do this for our country... why not the rest of the world? Apple is an INTERNATIONAL Country so if they allow ONE government in, there is nothing that says they can't allow the others. Apple phones are all over the world. If you are okay with them giving the backdoor code to the FBI, are you okay with them giving them to the other countries in the world?
What if...What if...What if...What if...What if....What if....What if....What if....What if..What if....

That could go on forever, unfortunately a timely decision may be very necessary and for the greater good, in this case National Security in the USA. This particular case should've reached a quick solution already while all the "what if's" can be raised as needed going forward. As I understand it, the FBI is asking for access NOT the backdoor code, leaving APPLE in complete control.
And if they create an access, that means it exists which means that someone could potentially get a hold of it and everyone's info is everywhere. Without it existing, nobody can potentially get into the system.

Image
stark
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:44 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: And if they create an access, that means it exists which means that someone could potentially get a hold of it and everyone's info is everywhere. Without it existing, nobody can potentially get into the system.
You just can't really believe that, that nobody can potentially get into the system?

If you are living in fear of Apple's code is going to become public may I suggest that the bad guys out there are probably already working on it and any real thoughts you may have of rights to privacy are slim.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Catalina
Posts: 3175
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:14 am

stark wrote:
CoronadosQuest wrote: And if they create an access, that means it exists which means that someone could potentially get a hold of it and everyone's info is everywhere. Without it existing, nobody can potentially get into the system.
You just can't really believe that, that nobody can potentially get into the system?

If you are living in fear of Apple's code is going to become public may I suggest that the bad guys out there are probably already working on it and any real thoughts you may have of rights to privacy are slim.
That was pretty much also my thought.
Mikako
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:45 am

Last night I was listening to an album I had bought a few years ago, and I thought: I should never have bought this stuff - its so unattractive even if maybe interesting for the musicians to play. The reason I bought it in the first place must have been a review I had read somewhere. - So I thought: Should I start a thread entitled Albums I Should Never Have Bought - but then I decided not to do it. I felt it wouldnt be fair on the musicians. But Im still uncertain - do we have enough clout here to ruin a musicians career? And if so, would we really want to do that?

Let me know what you think.
ПРИКИНЬТЕ ДОЛЛАР СНОВА БУДЕТ СТОИТЬ 30 РУБЛЕЙ!!! ВОТ ТАК НОВОСТЬ!!! ПОДРОБНЕЕ ТУТ
stark
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Mikako wrote:Last night I was listening to an album I had bought a few years ago, and I thought: I should never have bought this stuff - its so unattractive even if maybe interesting for the musicians to play. The reason I bought it in the first place must have been a review I had read somewhere. - So I thought: Should I start a thread entitled Albums I Should Never Have Bought - but then I decided not to do it. I felt it wouldnt be fair on the musicians. But Im still uncertain - do we have enough clout here to ruin a musicians career? And if so, would we really want to do that?

Let me know what you think.
That's an interesting initial post Mikako, I'm kinda shocked there's no link to somewhere!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:25 pm

In a CBS News/New York Times poll, 50 percent of the more than 1,000 people surveyed said Apple should unlock the phone, though nearly as many, 45 percent, think it should not.

Some highlights from the poll:

Younger Americans, independents, and iPhone owners side with Apple, while older Americans, and most Republicans and Democrats, side with federal law enforcement officials in this dispute.
More than eight in 10 Americans think it's at least somewhat likely that if Apple creates a way to unlock the iPhone it will create a precedent for the future, and two-thirds think it's at least somewhat likely it will make other iPhones more vulnerable to hackers. But two-thirds also think it's at least somewhat likely that the iPhone contains information that could help the government in its investigation.
Generally, just 26 percent think the federal government has gone too far in infringing on people's privacy in the fight against terrorism, while the percentage who thinks the government hasn't gone far enough has risen. But 58 percent of Americans remain concerned about losing some of their privacy in the fight against terrorism.
The poll was conducted by telephone March 11-15, 2016 among a random sample of 1,022 adults nationwide. Data collection was conducted on behalf of CBS News
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Case closed.

Curious if the slippery slope grassy knoll folks are nervous?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Post Reply