I'm back!

ElPrado2

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 am

After a huge fight with an argumentive bot and a so-called Smartphone. It's closer to an idiot phone.

I just moved from Tampa to Lakeland, Fla, and my computer committed suicide on the trip. It was too ancient to survive I-4's starts and stops. One giant traffic jam after another.
Glad to be back!
Catalina

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Welcome back!
BlindLucky

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Glad you got that sorted out. I love technology, but I hate technology :lol:
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Starine

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Glad you've got that sorted out. Not having internet access is like missing a limb.
serenassong

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Nice to see ya back! Keep an eye out for that Zika around there. :?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Raven

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Welcome back!!
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
Pan Zareta

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:41 pm

If I'd known, I'd would have stopped by to visit. :D

We were in Wauchula last week for the gyrocopter show. Practically next door to you!
PONYRCR

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:40 pm

My favorite small business, Sparkle Skirts, is in Lakeland, FL.
ElPrado2

Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:46 pm

My boyfriend actually managed to find me!
He hasn't made it to the house yet... he tried to get here during the prequel to TS something with a C. Bumper to bumper semis at 4 MPH was a bit too much. Yes, I said four mph. All the leaky warehouses tried to ship east at once in Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater, and whatever else they found a way out of the water they were under in. It took him an hour to get from one entrance to the first exit he came to. He bailed out, called me and went back to his disaster relief buddies. His last port of call was floods in Belgium. He gets home to bailing his place out.
ElPrado2

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:30 am

He did wind up waving at Lakeland as he went by. He was helping at the Orlando shooting tragedy last week.
ElPrado2

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:16 am

I may not get to see him anytime soon. The latest bright idea from my children in the Neurology Dept at Tampa General Hospital is sawing my head open and playing in whatever they find. They have chewed their thumbs to nubs dreaming of it for months. I finally got tired of listening to them moaning because of how much fun they would have. I have a severe seizure thing they think they can fix. Maybe. If I'm lucky for one of the few times in my life. I would like to get off these stinking meds they have me thoroughly hooked on.
I don't have anything simple. Oh no. If I have a seizure I get rip roaring full tilt things that put me on life support. Status Epilepticus. I'm talking screaming rides in ambulances on 2 wheels on wide sweeping curves. One trip I woke up when the attendant and my daughter wound up sprawled over me as the terrified driver almost spun out into Tampa Bay. You get a little tired of that.
I hid out in Lakeland after they came up with the bright idea of playing with chopsticks in my head. But if I walk down a hall I bounce from one side to the other, hitting shoulders on the way. The meds are so strong people think I have Alzheimer's. I've had it. Back to the Neurology kids from Med school.
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Wow, EP. That all sounds about as much fun as a lakeside stroll at that Disney resort in Florida, while dragging chicken parts behind you. :(
Good luck with the surgery. I hope your Neurology "kids" are genius tinkerers, and that you'll be walking straight as a string soon.
ElPrado2

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Oh, now they have to find a hole in their crowded schedule to stick me into. I get to sit at home and stew about what they will screw up this time. I called them this morning and told them to find the shoe horn. It may be weeks. Depends on who finds a saw in the sandbox. It's a teaching hospital for 2 state universities and the U of Tampa. The place looks like the UN. My Internal Med pair of Drs is a 7 footer from Ottawa and a 4'6" chick from Bangalore. You can get a crick in your neck if they get excited. Neurology travels in flocks. Cardiology thinks they will get a TD down the hall. They run over housekeeping sometimes.
Prairie Bayou

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:18 pm

I'll cancel the search party. Welcome back!
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic