2017 Fasig-Tipton November Sale

Honeymoon
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:04 am
Location: Germany

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
Carotene wrote:Tepin is so special and gorgeous. Amazing!

Question: who pays the stud fees for mares in foal? Previous owner, or new owner? I feel like it's previous owner when foal stands and nurses, but now second guessing myself...

New owner
I was told that the previous owner has to pay the stud fee before he can bring a mare in foal to an auction.
TBird
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
Summer Bird wrote: No the previous owner has to pay the stud fee before selling the mare.
How does that work then if the foal doesn't survive?
The stud fee has to be paid before the mare sells or the stud farm won't release the stallion certificate (needed to register the foal.)

If the foal doesn't survive, the new owner is out of luck unless they have purchased prospective foal insurance--which most do. Then they file a claim for loss of the foal.
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 pm

TBird wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
Summer Bird wrote: No the previous owner has to pay the stud fee before selling the mare.
How does that work then if the foal doesn't survive?
The stud fee has to be paid before the mare sells or the stud farm won't release the stallion certificate (needed to register the foal.)

If the foal doesn't survive, the new owner is out of luck unless they have purchased prospective foal insurance--which most do. Then they file a claim for loss of the foal.
Thanks for clarifying!
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2020
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 am

Macaroni wrote:American Pharoah's foal o/o Untouched Talent went to Narvick International - does this mean she'll only ever be used as a broodmare and will never race? That would be a HUGE shame.
Is this something they do on purpose? Or do their horses just happen to not make it to the track through injury? Legitimately asking... I have heard the name before at sales but have no idea about the operator or what major purchases they have made.
weeeeeeeee
Izvestia
Posts: 3816
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:30 am

Eh? Narvick Int is a bloodstock agency. Don't they put together partnerships?

Laura deSeroux is connected to them. You may recall she trained Azeri.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:36 pm

American Pharoah's first weanlings well received at sales
Emmanuel de Seroux’s Narvick International appeared on the sales ticket for the $1 million American Pharoah filly out of Untouched Talent, tying a Fasig-Tipton record weanling price. Narvick purchased the filly on behalf of the Ito family’s Grand Farm of Japan.

“We loved her as a type, but obviously her pedigree is outstanding,” de Seroux said. “Mr. Ito is a breeder, so he will keep her to breed [after her racing career].”
http://www.drf.com/news/american-pharoa ... ived-sales
User avatar
Retrospectiv
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:03 am

Northport wrote:
Macaroni wrote:American Pharoah's foal o/o Untouched Talent went to Narvick International - does this mean she'll only ever be used as a broodmare and will never race? That would be a HUGE shame.
Is this something they do on purpose? Or do their horses just happen to not make it to the track through injury? Legitimately asking... I have heard the name before at sales but have no idea about the operator or what major purchases they have made.

The Untouched Talent was purchased for a Japanese owner (name was mentioned in some articles). Hopefully she'll make it to the racetrack.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Post Reply