The VENT Thread

Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Catalina wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:When it costs me $460 a month to get to work I think I deserve better than having my trains cancelled every Monday. Then paying for parking on another branch..

I think my 3 year plan now includes getting out of NY in 1.5 years.
Good luck with the preliminary ground work.
It's a pipe dream. We're going to die here. Both his and my family are here, and none of them are looking to leave. Assholes.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:26 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:When it costs me $460 a month to get to work I think I deserve better than having my trains cancelled every Monday. Then paying for parking on another branch..

I think my 3 year plan now includes getting out of NY in 1.5 years.
Good luck with the preliminary ground work.
It's a pipe dream. We're going to die here. Both his and my family are here, and none of them are looking to leave. Assholes.
I have many relatives who live in your neck of the woods- and I have spent alot of time there. Not a easy place, CT is not much better.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Active shooter in Battery Park. I was supposed to leave work early today... but I'll pass. :shock:

This country has problems right now.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Catalina
Posts: 3213
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:When it costs me $460 a month to get to work I think I deserve better than having my trains cancelled every Monday. Then paying for parking on another branch..

I think my 3 year plan now includes getting out of NY in 1.5 years.
Good luck with the preliminary ground work.
It's a pipe dream. We're going to die here. Both his and my family are here, and none of them are looking to leave. Assholes.
Make it a very elaborate, detailed pipe dream then. And maybe, just maybe you will find yourself looking at it with wonder one day, and realizing that - by golly - this may actually work.

And if it never gets to that point, well, you had some pleasant daydreams.
Tessablue
Posts: 3525
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Active shooter in Battery Park. I was supposed to leave work early today... but I'll pass. :shock:

This country has problems right now.
Terrible. I hope you and yours are all safe.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Didn't know where else to put this, but my Father-in-Law was called home @ 9:45 am this morning. In a way, I'm relieved that he is no longer in pain. The BC is a great distraction right now.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9881
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:16 pm

My condolences on your family's loss, serenassong.
Catalina
Posts: 3213
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:My condolences on your family's loss, serenassong.
And mine as well, serenassong. May he rest in peace.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks for that. I appreciate it very much.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Commuting is so much fun.

Thank God my boyfriend had off and drove an hour plus to get me and brought slices of pizza for me. Bless him.
Last edited by Somnambulist on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3055
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:36 pm

I bought a dozen jar candles on sale a couple moths ago. Now, I can't find them. How could they just disappear. I remember bringing them home from the store. What happened next I haven't a clue.
Forry Cow How
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 am

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:47 am

Ballerina wrote:I bought a dozen jar candles on sale a couple moths ago. Now, I can't find them. How could they just disappear. I remember bringing them home from the store. What happened next I haven't a clue.
Sounds like me. And you would think a dozen would be hard to miss? I hope you find them.
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am

My sister was diagnosed with RA earlier this year. Apparently, someone on my dad's side of the family died from complications from RA. And it's looking more and more likely that I also have it. I'll get tested, but that's just what we need on top of all my kid's medical problems.

But hey, my sinuses are still working properly!
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 pm

starrydreamer wrote:My sister was diagnosed with RA earlier this year. Apparently, someone on my dad's side of the family died from complications from RA. And it's looking more and more likely that I also have it. I'll get tested, but that's just what we need on top of all my kid's medical problems.

But hey, my sinuses are still working properly!
AI's cluster heavily on my mom's side. I went through the ringer with this for 2 years. I ended up with pelvic floor dysfunction, but a Googling of those symptoms shows a pretty easy comparison to MS/IC in some ways, although IC is heavily debated as an AI. I don't think it's that common for siblings to have the same AI.

I'd demand a lymes disease test. There are two.. the one they offer first on offices has an abysmally high false negative rate but people don't often know about that. Since you lived in this area that's the only reason I mention it.

Good luck. The worst thing to deal with is the healthcare system when you don't feel good.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

My sister got tested for MS - thankfully it was negative. As for Lyme Disease, it might be a good idea to get tested, although it's been 7 years since I last lived in the northeast. Even without RA, I need to get treatment for the arthritis in my finger joints anyway.
Tessablue
Posts: 3525
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 pm

The distribution of Lyme disease has expanded quite a bit in the past few years especially in the midwest, and it can have very long-term effects. Like Som said the test isn't the most reliable, but I think it's definitely worth bringing up to your physicians. Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon, starry.
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:39 am

Tessablue wrote:The distribution of Lyme disease has expanded quite a bit in the past few years especially in the midwest, and it can have very long-term effects. Like Som said the test isn't the most reliable, but I think it's definitely worth bringing up to your physicians. Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon, starry.
Thanks, Tessa.

Ballerina - have you found your candles yet? :lol:
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3055
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 pm

starrydreamer wrote: Ballerina - have you found your candles yet? :lol:
Nope - I think Yankee Candle snuck into the house and took them back. It's truly a mystery.
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Ballerina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote: Ballerina - have you found your candles yet? :lol:
Nope - I think Yankee Candle snuck into the house and took them back. It's truly a mystery.
They'll pop up eventually and you'll wonder why the heck you put them there.

Saw the doctor and the only thing my blood tests show is that I have lower than the standard range for mean platelet volume. ANA Screen was negative, Rheumatoid Factor negative. Only waiting on Anti-CCP test, but I expect that to be negative too. But I'm not making up the joint pain, so I've ordered some supplements and I'll probably go see a rheumatologist anyway.
sweettalk
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:24 pm

i have RA and my rheumatoid test was negative, as well. the dr i saw said that it happens sometimes, so i'm glad you're going in anyway.
Post Reply