2018 foals

Re: 2018 foals

Postby serenassong » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:53 am

Flanders wrote:
Falinadin wrote:I wonder what their protocol will be if something goes wrong. Of course I hope all involved stays safe, but things can happen. I assume they'd just turn off the cameras and update later?

I love watching Country Life Farms' live stream each year. I'm too cheap to pay for stablemates to watch Winstar's.

When I watched Mare Stare something went wrong the one time and they went and turned the camera off.

The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Ziggypop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

serenassong wrote:
Flanders wrote:
Falinadin wrote:I wonder what their protocol will be if something goes wrong. Of course I hope all involved stays safe, but things can happen. I assume they'd just turn off the cameras and update later?

I love watching Country Life Farms' live stream each year. I'm too cheap to pay for stablemates to watch Winstar's.

When I watched Mare Stare something went wrong the one time and they went and turned the camera off.

The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D

winstar births are delayed 24 hours. So folks are watching video.
Ziggypop

Postby serenassong » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:56 pm

The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D[/quote]
winstar births are delayed 24 hours. So folks are watching video.[/quote]

I understand that- but it's still exciting to me- especially when you see the same mares year after year. I was told it it was done for safety reasons.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Postby Ziggypop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:34 pm

serenassong wrote:The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D

winstar births are delayed 24 hours. So folks are watching video.[/quote]

I understand that- but it's still exciting to me- especially when you see the same mares year after year. I was told it it was done for safety reasons.[/quote]
That is true. But I thought that people who are new to viewing should know.
Ziggypop

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I used to watch Marestare regularly, and bad things happened...more often than one would hope. Since Marestare tends to service smaller breeders, there was often only one or two people attending a mare in distress. Cameras often weren't turned off, or not until well after viewers could see that there was a problem.
With all the too-sensitive, too-uninformed animal welfare folks out there, it makes tons of sense to put foaling on tape-delay. Pretty sure the PETA people would have a meltdown when they saw a foal being pulled with ropes or chains. :roll:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ioya Two » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh man, it all starts tomorrow! I'm sure we will get some that foal out tomorrow. Who knows, we might have had an early one or two we don't know about.
Pulpit 1994-2012
Ioya Two

Postby serenassong » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:11 am

Anyone want to guess when the first TB appears? Hoping for all safe births, now the sleepless nights begins for broodie managers and foal crews all over KY as well as other places.
Maybe 1/4/18?
serenassong

Postby TBird » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm

serenassong wrote:Anyone want to guess when the first TB appears? Hoping for all safe births, now the sleepless nights begins for broodie managers and foal crews all over KY as well as other places.
Maybe 1/4/18?

I'm quite sure the first have already appeared. When they will be announced is a different story. ;)
TBird

Postby serenassong » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm

TBird wrote:
serenassong wrote:Anyone want to guess when the first TB appears? Hoping for all safe births, now the sleepless nights begins for broodie managers and foal crews all over KY as well as other places.
Maybe 1/4/18?

I'm quite sure the first have already appeared. When they will be announced is a different story. ;)

Yeah, like 12:01am on 1/1 :D
serenassong

Postby lurkey mclurker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere are the babieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Seriously, where? I need some foal fuzzies! :lol:
lurkey mclurker

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales