In memoriam 2017

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby Diver52 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:31 am

It was reported on TVG via someone trackside. The pull-up looked bad. It seems even tougher when it's a "baby" who didn't have the chance to run and compete as his nature told him to.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
Diver52
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby Catalina » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am

Diver52 wrote:Time in Motion, a $650,000 firster by Uncle Mo x Flirting with Fate, pulled up in the 7th (MSW) at Gulfstream and was reportedly euthanized. :( He was a half-brother to Dancing With Fate (or maybe it was Dances With Fate?) who suffered a fatal training injury to end a fine career. RIP youngster.


The half brother you are thinking of was Dance with Fate by Two Step Salsa. May they both RIP.
Last edited by Catalina on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catalina
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby Katewerk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Favoured Speighgal (2014 f) at Gulfstream today in the Tropical Park Oaks.
User avatar
Katewerk
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby firehorse » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 am

Katewerk wrote:Favoured Speighgal (2014 f) at Gulfstream today in the Tropical Park Oaks.


How horrible, I was not at the track today but was reading the results on Bloodhorse and noticed Bernadiva, Speighal wasn't listed in the results. Good that I've seen this before watching the replay (now I'll skip it). That makes 1 death yesterday and 1 today at GP - I'm glad I haven't been there.
firehorse
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:40 pm

Barbara Livingston video via DRF - tribute to some of the horses lost in 2017

http://www.drf.com/in-memoriam-2017
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby Life At Zen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:07 pm

mariasmon wrote:MG1W It's Tricky (dam of the promising Enticed) apparently died this year and produced a dead foal, as well.


I don't know how I missed this, and I only found out while watching Barbara Livingston's 2017 In Memoriam, so I am fairly crushed right now. She was a huge favourite of mine and I am surprised this didn't make any headlines whatsoever.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
User avatar
Life At Zen
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby Flanders » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
mariasmon wrote:MG1W It's Tricky (dam of the promising Enticed) apparently died this year and produced a dead foal, as well.


I don't know how I missed this, and I only found out while watching Barbara Livingston's 2017 In Memoriam, so I am fairly crushed right now. She was a huge favourite of mine and I am surprised this didn't make any headlines whatsoever.

I don't think they released the information and mariasmon found it when searching for either 2017 foals or who mares were bred to for 2018.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby serenassong » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:56 pm

Wow- Red Scamper- was just talking about him the other day. I used to win money on him and Iron Gavel on the Nyra circuit when they were running

R. I. P all
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby mariasmon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Flanders wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
mariasmon wrote:MG1W It's Tricky (dam of the promising Enticed) apparently died this year and produced a dead foal, as well.


I don't know how I missed this, and I only found out while watching Barbara Livingston's 2017 In Memoriam, so I am fairly crushed right now. She was a huge favourite of mine and I am surprised this didn't make any headlines whatsoever.

I don't think they released the information and mariasmon found it when searching for either 2017 foals or who mares were bred to for 2018.


Pretty much. Someone on another forum asked me about her specifically after Enticed won the Kentucky Jockey Club and I found the info then.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby TapitsGal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 am

Easily the most gut wrenching part of the slideshow was seeing Bens Cat and Effinex...was like reliving the news they passed all over again. And also the babies..
TapitsGal
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests