CHRB Steward Minutes

BlindLucky

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Izvestia wrote:I disagree, mostly because I know there are going to be a lot of Tapit's with better pedigrees and better race records retiring at stud, and this horse really doesn't have much going for him. I guess if they guy has his own mares and wants to just breed his own herd, it would make sense. It's not the best idea.
I'm not saying it's the most brilliant idea, I'm just saying that I understand why a $20k price tag for a graded stakes placed son of Tapit probably sounded like a good idea to them, when there are random sons of Tapit that I've never even heard of already showing up at stud in regional markets like PA. Maybe they're hoping for their own Malibu Moon story.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
serenassong

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 am

Saw that they put up some more over the weekend:

GG W/E 8/24

Did someone jump a fence? Don't think I have seen this notation before- although I know of other mares that have raced
08-23-141 EARLY DECLARATIONS
1st race: #4 AND SO IT IS (Tr. Rene Amescua) mare in foal
Stewards REFUND: $ 117.82

Could have been worse-
08-29-145 ACCIDENT – INQUIRY – 4th RACE
The Inquiry sign was posted once again following the running of the 4th race for a
review of an accident involving #1 HIDETHEGOODSTUFF ridden by Jockey Juan
Hernandez.
The recordings show #1 veer left into the temporary rail as the field leaves the ¾
chute and come onto the main track. Jockey Hernandez bailed out and landed hard
while the horse stumbled badly and then continued to trail the field before being
captured by the outrider without further incident. Jockey Hernandez sustained
bruising and abrasions while the horse sustained minor abrasions.

Spelling counts-
08-30-147 VOID CLAIM
A claim submitted in the 5th race for #6 COAST GUARD RESCUE was voided after a
spelling error was detected. The trainer that submitted the claim failed to include
the letter “C” on RESCUE.

Spelling not an issue if you use invisible ink-
08-31-145 CLAIM VOIDED
A claim submitted in the first race by trainer Victor Trujillo was voided after the
trainer failed to list the name of the horse.

Valets Vs Mangement -
08-31-144 VALET – MANAGEMENT MEETING
A meeting was held today between the representatives of the valets Augustine
Meza and Andy Gutierrez Lopez, General Manager Calvin Rainey, Director of
Operations Robert Hemmer and Assistant Starter Vince Sanchez. This meeting was
called as a result of the Valets temporary refusal to saddle horses prior to the first
race on August 24th, 2014 due to safety concerns regarding saddling doubles in a race. Valets voiced safety concerns when four or more doubles are scheduled. However, there are no safety issues if there are three doubles scheduled. Past practice has been if management cannot find another Valet to work then an Assistant Starter will come over to the saddling paddock to help saddle. It was also learned that there is a contract dispute between Management and the Valets. It was emphasized to both parties to follow CHRB Rules #1870 (Conditions of Meeting Binding upon Licensees) and CHRB Rule #1871 (Notice of Intention to Terminate) which outlines the procedure to follow. More to come.

09-01-143 VALETS NO SHOW (Refer 08-31-144)
It was reported this morning that all eight Valets called in sick. Management stated
they were unable to find replacements from the list of extras and were searching for
substitutes on an emergency basis. Trainers were alerted and volunteered to help
where needed and numerous qualified licensed individuals filled the positions.
The day progressed and ended smoothly on time and without incident.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 am

GG W/E 9/7

Valet dispute continues-
09-03-145 VALET ISSUE CONTINUES (Refer 09-01-143)
David Stillwell, the Valets union representative and a few of the Valets met with the
Stewards regarding their ongoing issues with management.
The Stewards were informed that the valets were denied entrance into the Jockeys
Quarters and advised by Golden Gate Fields Security to go see the Stewards. It was
explained to the group that the Stewards were not preventing them from entering
their workplace and at issue is an employer-employee matter. While Mr. Stillwell and
the Valets wanted to discuss the merits of their position on contract issues, the
Stewards reiterated they were not a party to these negotiations.
We restated our only concern is that the racing program not be disrupted and that
The negotiations between the Valets and management take place at a time other
than during the races.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm

GG W/E 9/14

Big Brother?
09-11-142 FILM REVIEW
"Jockey Silvio Amador met with the Stewards over an incident in last Sunday’s second race in which he appeared to relax on his mount just before the finish line. His actions did not cost his mount a placing but we wanted to let him know big brother is watching."
serenassong

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Forgot about the Ferndale Mix meet (Humboldt County Fair) and found this funny (not the jocks being throw- just the mules in general nature)- I don't blame the jock actually. In reviewing the notes, lots of races with mules have bucking and kicking going on

08-16-142 RACE #2 - ACCIDENTS
Two riders were unseated following the conclusion of the second race (Mule). Jockey Matthew-Werner Hagerty, aboard #3 BABY SISTER, was unseated in the first turn as the mule started to buck and in the process the rider’s saddle slipped. Jockey Luis Godoy, who rode #5 BAR JF HOT TICKET, hit the ground a split second later as his mule propped and ducked out, likely reacting to the other mule’s antics. Neither rider was injured and they were cleared to ride following examination by the track physician.

08-17-14
Jockey Matthew Werner-Hagerty came to the office this morning asking to be relieved of his commitment in the first race this afternoon (Mules). The rider, who rode his first mule on Friday, was unseated following the second race yesterday. Werner-Hagerty said that he wants no part of being a mule rider and did not feel that he could do justice to his mount. A replacement rider was named. No fine will be levied provided the rider accepts no more mule mounts at this meeting.

Someone once told me that sometimes, as mules are running they bray- it must be funny to hear that as they come down the stretch.
BlindLucky

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Hahaha!
serenassong wrote:08-16-14... Jockey Matthew-Werner Hagerty, aboard #3 BABY SISTER, was unseated in the first turn as the mule started to buck and in the process the rider’s saddle slipped.

08-17-14... Jockey Matthew Werner-Hagerty came to the office this morning asking to be relieved of his commitment in the first race this afternoon (Mules). The rider, who rode his first mule on Friday... said that he wants no part of being a mule rider
serenassong

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:31 am

Santa Anita- W/E 9/27

Should have know better-
9/27/145 RULINGS - #218 & #219
Exercise rider MANUEL LANDEROS is fined ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS
($100.00) for violation of California Horse Racing Board Rule #1437
(Conditions of a Race Meeting – working horse while warning lights were on).
Jockey MIKE SMITH is fined ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00)
for violation of California Horse Racing Board Rule #1437 (Conditions of
a Race Meeting – working horse while warning lights were on).
These rulings were issued as neither individual had an excuse for violating track rules.

Good horses run- need money
9/27/148 MINUS POOL
A minus pool was created in the fifth race when #4 BEHOLDER, the prohibitive favorite at odds of 2/5, proved an easy winner. A total of $87,302.47 was needed to balance.
9/27/1410 MINUS POOL
The second minus pool of the afternoon took place in the eighth race, as #4 SHARED BELIEF, the prohibitive favorite at odds of 1/5, proved victorious following a heated stretch battle. The minus pool amounted to $64,348.85.

MOULIN DE MOUGIN incident-
At the quarter pole on the turf, #3 MOULIN DE MOUGIN appeared to clip heels, fall and unseat Mr. Smith. .
Jockey/Driver condition – Transported to First Aid by ambulance, examined by track physician, cleared to ride remainder of card.
Horse condition – Corralled by outrider; appeared uninjured.

There is no mention of the Shared Belief incident- would think that it will appear in next week's notes
serenassong

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:57 am

Santa Anita- W/E 10/4-

Couton Suspension (Domestic Violence?)
SUNDAY
9/28/141 COUTON FORMAL HEARING CASE 14
The CHRB filed a complaint against jockey JULIEN COUTON for a possible violation of CHRB Rule #1902 (Conduct Detrimental to Horse Racing) #1900 (Grounds for Suspension or Revocation), involving an arrest and an allegation of domestic violence. Recording the proceedings was court reporter MICHELLE DERIEG and representing the CHRB was Supervising Investigator RICK AMIEVA. A copy of the complaint was sent to Mr. Couton’s address listed with the CHRB. The time frame for Mr. Couton's reception of the complaint is questionable, but considering the allegations this information was put into the record. If and when Mr. Couton appears, the case will be heard. Until then the following ruling will be issued: Ruling LATS#222 (now SAPA#007)
Jockey JULIEN COUTON, having failed to appear to answer a
complaint alleging violation of California Horse Racing Board
Rule #1902(b) (Conduct Detrimental to Horse Racing), and #1900
(Grounds for Suspension or Revocation), is suspended for violation
of California Horse Racing Board Rule #1547 (Failure to Appear).
During the term of suspension, all licenses and license privileges of
JULIEN COUTON are suspended and pursuant to California Horse
Racing Board Rule #1528 (Jurisdiction of Stewards to Suspend or Fine),
Mr. COUTON is denied access to all premises in this jurisdiction.

"Shared Belief" incident-
9/28/142 FILM REVIEW
Jockey VICTOR ESPINOZA along with his agent BRIAN BEACH met with the Stewards as directed to review yesterday’s eighth race. The area of concern was the run around the first turn and down the backside in the Awesome Again Stakes.
Mr. Espinoza stated he was instructed not to press his stable mate, so he chose to go wide and stay off of #1 FED BIZ (M. Garcia 2nd) who was on the rail. In doing so, in the Stewards’ opinion, Mr. Espinoza went from the three path off the inside
fence going into the turn, and by mid-turn he drifted out to the seven path off the fence. #4 SHARED BELIEF (M. Smith, 1st) was to his outside during the outward drift. After turning down the back side Mr. Espinoza drifted out more; he had plenty of room to drop in and chose to stay wide with #4 still to his outside. By the half mile pole, Mr. Espinoza’s horse was dropping out of contention. Mr. Espinoza stated he felt he stayed in the same path he started in before dropping into the first turn. Agent Brian Beach stated he knew the Stewards felt it was a serious offense, but asked to consider a warning be issued due to Mr. Espinoza’s riding record. In a unanimous decision the Stewards disagreed with the excuse for the ride, felt he was in clear violation of the CHRB rules used in the following ruling: LATS#223, now LATC#008.
Jockey VICTOR ESPINOZA, who rode SKY KINGDOM in the eighth race
at Santa Anita Park on September 27, 2014, is suspended for SEVEN
RACING DAYS (October 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2014) for violation of
California Horse Racing Board Rules #1699(d) (Ride carelessly, or willfully,
so as to permit their mount to interfere with or impede any other horse)
and #1884 (Unsatisfactory Rides).
serenassong

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:11 am

SA- W/E 10/11

O'Neill ruling:
10/9/143 DOUG O’NEILL SUSPENSION
The Stewards are in receipt of the Stipulated Settlement Agreement, pursuant to the following terms, entered into between Trainer DOUGLAS O’NEILL and the California Horse Racing Board. Suspension of license - 135 days; 90 days stayed suspension of license ordered, and actually ordered suspended for 45 days, effective 10/9/2014 through 11/22/2014; probation for a period of 18 months, commencing upon completion of the 45-day period of suspension, 11/23/2014. During the period of suspension, Mr. O’Neill is denied access to all premises in this jurisdiction. Additionally, the CHRB will honor the separate 45-day suspension in New York, meaning O’Neill cannot return to training before December 19, 2014. The Santa Anita Racing Office has been informed of the terms.
serenassong

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 pm

SA- W/E 10/18

Dog abuse?
10/18/142 HEARING
Groom NORMAN LINDSAY was in the office this morning in response to a complaint filed by the Board alleging abuse of his dog. The complaint stated that Lindsay’s dog was observed tethered to an arm of a hot walking machine and also tied up in a stall. Lindsay admitted to both allegations
, stating that he put the dog on the walking machine in order to get it some exercise. He said that he has trouble walking and felt the dog would benefit more on the machine than if he was hand walking it. He tied the dog in the stall as it had run away on several occasions. We will take the matter under submission and render a decision shortly.

Not sure if anyone was looking for this one- but all appear ok-

Apprentice Jockey DRAYDEN VAN DYKE rode “HEYYOUCAN” in the first race at Santa Anita race track. When he was approaching the finish line, his horse suddenly veered out sharply causing him to be unseated. Mr. Van Dyke was attended to by the race track paramedics and was then transported to the First Aid to be examined by the track physician. The track physician cleared him to ride his remaining mounts.
Jockey/Driver condition – No injuries. Jockey cleared by track physician
Horse condition – Horse was caught by the outrider; no injuries.
BlindLucky

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 pm

serenassong wrote:The complaint stated that Lindsay’s dog was observed tethered to an arm of a hot walking machine and also tied up in a stall. Lindsay admitted to both allegations, stating that he put the dog on the walking machine in order to get it some exercise. He said that he has trouble walking and felt the dog would benefit more on the machine than if he was hand walking it.
I've seen goats on the walker, no one cared about that!
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 pm

If the dog was was prone to getting loose and running around, I can understand why he was tied. I can't think of a much worse scenario than a dog running around a stable, possibly barking at and/or harrying already skittish TBs.
So long as the animal was attended to regularly, and not just left tied up for many hours, I think someone may be making a mountain out of a molehill.
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serenassong

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:55 pm

I don't normally read the minutes from Cal Expo all that much- it's a harness meet- but I can across these two interesting entries. You have to love the writing and the responses by the people involved

Cal Expo- W/E 10/19
"10/14/14 (2) Kim Stevens Schneider/ Quentin Schneider Trainer’s License
Owner/Trainer/Driver Quentin Schneider and his wife Kim Schneider approached the Stewards concerning the possibility of licensing Mrs. Schneider as a Trainer. Mrs. Schneider holds a Standardbred Canada “Trainers” License, and has been licensed in that capacity for four (4) years. However, it should be noted that Mrs. Schneider has never been listed as a Trainer during that period. In light of these facts the Board of Stewards were of the unanimous opinion that Mrs. Schneider should take the “California Trainers Test” prior to being permitted to assume responsibility for training the family stable. While this determination was not warmly received the coupled agreed to abide by the decision"

W/E 10/26-
Be nice to the outrider-
10/25/14 (2) Outrider/ Driver Discussion
"Outrider Billy Don Wainscott and Driver Williams Hernandez met with the Stewards before the first today. Outrider Wainscott told the Stewards that Driver Hernandez was training a horse ‘the wrong way’ at a high rate of speed earlier this week. Hernandez told the Stewards “other people do it.” The Stewards told Hernandez that Outrider Wainscott supervises training on the racetrack and that he will determine what is ‘too fast.’ Warning issued."
serenassong

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:00 pm

GG W/E 10/26-
Potty Mouth in the Paddock-
"10-25-145 RULING #6 – JAVIER M. LANDEROS
Valet Javier M. Landeros met with the Stewards regarding his repeated tardiness to
the saddling paddock. Of more concern was his use of foul and abusive language
directed toward the Clerk of Scales when directed to see the Stewards for his latest
tardiness.
Clerk of Scales Ken Sjordal and Paddock Judge Linda Anderson both attested to Mr.
Landeros’ prior warnings and the latter acknowledged directing the abusive
Language toward Mr. Sjordal."

Some interesting notes from Los Al QH meet 10/19
Case of possible neglect of a pony :?
"(3)ROPAR INFORMAL HEARING – ROPAR RULING
An informal hearing was conducted to address Case #14LA0241. Present were Pony Rider Amanda Ropar, character witness and boyfriend Roberto Hernandez, Safety Steward Randy Winick, Stewards George Slender, James Dreyer, and Ruben Moreno, and co-case presenters Supervising Investigator Tom Blake and Investigator Kevin Kitashima. At issue were the conditions in which Pony Rider Amanda Ropar’s horse had been kept. Pictures submitted to the Stewards by Investigators showed Ms. Ropar’s horse to have no feed and inadequate bedding. Ms. Ropar responded that the horse had always been adequately cared for and presented her own photos showing the horse, currently stabled at Santa Anita, in good condition. The Stewards countered that numerous complaints had been voiced concerning the welfare of her horse while he was stabled at Los Alamitos and issued the following ruling:
RULING #191
PONY RIDER AMANDA ROPAR IS FINED TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($200.00)* FOR VIOLATION OF CALIFORNIA HORSE RACING BOARD RULE #1902.5 (ANIMAL WELFARE - NEGLECT)."

Use the door-
SUNDAY
10/19/2014 (1)ALDANA RULING
RULING #192
"GROOM HECTOR M. ALDANA IS FINED TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS ($25.00)* FOR VIOLATION OF CALIFORNIA HORSE RACING BOARD RULE #1530 (CASES NOT COVERED BY RULES AND REGULATIONS – FENCE JUMPING).
The above ruling was issued after Groom Hector Aldana appeared before the Stewards to address Security Violation #4874. Mr. Aldana was cited for illegally entering the stable area by jumping over a back fence."

Could have been worse-
"(2)SEVENTH RACE – INCIDENT
Prior to the start of the seventh race, #6 “Flying Porsche Girl” broke through the gate, unseating Jockey Cesar De Alba and ran off. “Flying Porsche Girl” was eventually caught by the gate crew. Both horse and rider were uninjured."
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:34 pm

There should be more notes coming concerning that 7th race at Los Al...that's the race where Wag the Dog (the other horse who took off along with 'Porsche Girl) ended up floundering in an infield lake.
serenassong

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 am

Yep- I am keeping an eye out for that one.
serenassong

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 am

SA 10/25

More abuse?
10/24/143 LEYTE FORMAL HEARING CASE 14SA232
"This complaint filed by the CHRB involves a possible violation of CHRB Rule #1902.5 (Animal Welfare), #1902 (Conduct Detrimental to Horse Racing), pursuant to Rule, #1900 (Grounds for Suspension or Revocation) against exercise rider GUADALUPE LEYTE. Court Reporter MICHELLE DERIEG documented the proceedings and Senior Investigator RICK AMIEVA represented the CHRB. Also present were interpreter and translator RAFAEL DIEGO and appearing as a witness, Racing Veterinarian DANA STEAD.
Testimony given by Dr. Stead stated that the pony horse involved had numerous sores on his legs and body, most of which could need extensive time to heal. He also stated the horse was underweight. Investigator Amieva shared photographs of all sores on the horse. Mr. Leyte stated through the interpreter that the horse had injured itself in the stall after shipping from Del Mar and that he was treating the injuries.
After testimony from Dr. Stead and Guadalupe Leyte, all documents presented were entered into evidence and the hearing was closed. Decision to follow."

Interesting- jocks warning about keeping their horses under control coming out of the gate, imagine that!
"10/25/141 FILM REVIEW
Jockey ALONSO QUINONEZ met with the Stewards to review the last race yesterday. Mr. Quinonez made an effort to straighten his horse out of the gate, but his rein was too long. He was issued a warning. He stated he would try to make better efforts in the future.
Jockeys JOE TALAMO and DRAYDEN VAN DYKE also met with the BOS to review the fifth race on Thursday. The issue was the effort or lack of effort to straighten their mounts leaving the starting gate. After much discussion of different styles and efforts, both were excused with a warning. Both tried to correct, but the Stewards felt their efforts could have been more aggressive.
"

Hmm- and the report for BC days is out already? That is the fastest I have ever seen this happen-
W/E 11/2
BC Classic-
"11/01/142 INQUIRY/NO CHANGE
Following the running of the 12th race today (Breeders’ Cup Classic), we posted the Inquiry sign to examine an incident at the start (Dirt, 1¼ miles). Involved in the incident were the winner #7 BAYERN (M. Garcia) and several horses to his inside -- #6 SHARED BELIEF (M. Smith) and #4 MORENO (J. Castellano). Film review revealed that #7 BAYERN broke in sharply, bumped #6 SHARED BELIEF, causing a chain reaction with several other horses to his inside, including #4 MORENO, who also broke out slightly. #6 SHARED BELIEF finished fourth, 3½ lengths behind the third place finisher while #4 MORENO finished far behind the leaders. After speaking with the patrol judges and riders involved, it was our unanimous decision that pursuant to CHRB Rule 1699, that the incident occurred in a part of the race where the horses interfered with were not cost the opportunity to place where they were reasonably expected to finish."
serenassong

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Delmar- 11/9

Giving horse away?
"11/08/142 COMPLAINT DISMISSED
A complaint filed by Jose Castellano, the owner of Two Friends Ranch, against owner John Pinner was dismissed after hearing testimony from both sides. According to Mr. Pinner’s trainer, Danny Velasquez, the horse in question, Dashing Ash, was given away to Gregorio Ruiz, who isn’t Licensed by the CHRB, who subsequently sent the horse to Mr. Castellano’s ranch. We will attempt to contact Mr. Ruiz in order to settle the matter."

Distance runner?
11/09/145 REFUND
"There was a refund in the third race as #6 Chuck’s Chuckle unseated jockey William Antongeorgi during the post parade and ran off two miles before being caught. The refund came to a total of $12,298.26. Mr. Antongeorgi was not injured."

GG- 11/9
Putting it nicely-
"11-07-146 OWNER ROGER STEIN CALLS STEWARDS
Mr. Stein phoned the Stewards this morning and requested an ownership change from him to his nephew Joshua Stein on the horse POCKET PRINCE that is scheduled to race in the 5th race today. Mr. Stein’s license is currently under suspension. His request was denied and he was informed the horse would have to be scratched. Naturally, Mr. Stein voiced an objection to the horse being scratched."

Get to the track on time-
"11-08-144 JOCKEY SILVIO AMADOR – RULING NO.15
Jockey SILVIO AMADOR is fined the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00)*
for reporting to the jockey’s room late on Friday, November 7, 2014;
a violation of California Horse Racing Board rule #1680 (Jockeys and
Drivers to Report).
The preceding ruling was issued after Mr. Amador met with the Stewards and provided a feeble excuse for failing to report on time."

LosAl 11/2-
"Walk the Dog incident"
"5)RACE DELAY
There was a thirty-three minute delay after one of the two horses that broke through the gate prior to the start of the seventh race jumped the inside rail and ended up in the lake. Enough praise cannot be bestowed on Outrider Eric Newdock after he jumped into the water and singlehandedly placed girths around the gelding so he could be lifted out of the lake. Also instrumental in the rescue were the gate and maintenance crews. It appears that “Walk The Dog” is going to be just fine"
serenassong

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Delmar- 11/30
Go to the video tape-
"11/18/144 RULING DFTD #016
Jockey COREY NAKATANI who rode MARINA DEL HEAT in the second race at Del Mar Race Track on November 23, 2014, is suspended for FIVE RACING DAYS (December 7, 11, 12, 13 and 14, 2014) for violation of California Horse Racing Board rules #1699 (d) (Ride carelessly, or willfully, so as to permit their mount to interfere with or impede any other horse) and #1884 (Unsatisfactory Rides).
This ruling was issued after Mr. Nakatani had viewed the second race from this past Sunday, during which he carried a competing horse wide entering the first turn of the one and one sixteenth turf race. Mr. Nakatani insisted that his horse was rank and was running off with him and he asked the rider to his outside to help him negotiate the turn. A conversation with the rider who was carried out, Brandon Boulanger, did not corroborate Mr. Nakatani’s statement. Video review was, in fact, damaging, as it showed Mr. Nakatani pointing his filly’s head to the right, then drifting out and ultimately bumping Boulanger’s mount."

You can use the video tape- if available-
"11/29/145 TIGHT PAN SHOT SNAFU
One of our video shots used for officiating, the “tight pan”, was not available for the Grade III Native Diver Stakes as TVG, the video coverage provider for this meeting, decided to use that shot in order to isolate the favorite, #2 Tamarando.
We were not informed of their intentions prior to the race and realized what was happening when the field was in the first turn and the shot, which is always on the leaders, showed a horse that was running fifth position.
The TVG director was contacted and he apologized, stating that it would not happen again.
Fortunately, there were no incidents during the races."
serenassong

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:33 pm

From GG minutes- 11/30
This was not a good idea-
"11-27-144 TRAINER JAMEY THOMAS MEETS WITH THE STEWARDS
Trainer Jamey Thomas met with the Board, as instructed, to explain his failure to
follow the instructions of the Racing Veterinarian following the running of Sunday’s
(11/23/14) 3rd race. Mr. Thomas disregarded the Veterinarian’s instructions to place
his horse in the horse ambulance following the running of the race and proceeded to
walk the horse to the test barn. Thomas explained that in his opinion the horse was
walking soundly and did not need the horse ambulance. Decision to follow."

"11-29-144 JAMEY THOMAS – RULING NO.26
Trainer JAMEY THOMAS is fined the sum of two hundred dollars
($200.00)* pursuant to CHRB rule #1549 (Recommendation of
Discipline) for failure to follow the instructions of the Racing Vet-
erinarian following the running of the third race on Sunday Novem-
ber 23, 2014.
The preceding ruling was issued after the matter was given due consideration."