Waiting for news on ...

lurkey mclurker

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Wow, that's quite a photo! :shock:
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 pm

I really hope he continues healing. Looks like he is going to be a bit of a challenge for farriers in the future to find a healthy angle for his hoof and fetlock.
MTO

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:32 pm

AMIGO - 7yo Gelding - Hard Spun x Dat You Miz Blue

Went wrong, DNF. Appears to be sudden hind leg issue. Race 7 - Laurel Park - Sunday, 7/15/2018.

Any news? Didn't look good.
genuinerizk

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Nope not good news for Amigo. Chart says "pulled up lame and euthanized". :cry:
Prairie Bayou

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Amigo was indeed euthanized. https://twitter.com/TheRacingBiz/status ... 25920?s=19

Apparently two other horses yesterday at Laurel were also lost. Not sure who. I was at Delaware.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
WarBiscuit

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:43 pm

Prairie Bayou wrote:Amigo was indeed euthanized. https://twitter.com/TheRacingBiz/status ... 25920?s=19

Apparently two other horses yesterday at Laurel were also lost. Not sure who. I was at Delaware.
6yo Minor Legend was euthanized at Laurel yesterday after being pulled up lame.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Prairie Bayou

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:05 am

Markeesa also broke down at Laurel today and was euthanized in race 8. So that is 3 in 24 hours Not good at all. :(
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Sparrow Castle

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:12 pm

From Facebook:
The Player
2 hrs ·
I have to thank very close friends(ok really family)Suzie Oldham, Jessica and Reagan Stith for going by LSU and seeing Angus! He is doing well and the report is that he loved his peppermints. I really can’t wait for him to come home. The vets X-rayed him again today and all screws and plate are in place and the ankle is fusing so we are happy about that. He has been there 4 months and may become the new LSU mascot if we don’t get him out of there. Thank you for the pictures Suzie and Jess!
serenassong

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Avanzare former Stakes Winner- comes back late in 2017 to claiming ranks- won a $10k race by a nose on 7/19- and vanned off.
Any news appreciated
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm

It appeared that Oscar Performance was pulled up in the Arlington Million. He was in the midst of a batch of horses who were making their move coming into the stretch, but then his rider eased him back. Looked like he may have been pulled up; never saw him cross the line.
:(
ETA: The folks on NBCSN showed an interview with Arlington's on-track vet, and she said Ortiz thought Oscar took a bad step, so pulled him up to be safe. The horse was loaded on the horse ambulance for a ride back to the barn, but the vet said he did not show any lameness or signs of injury.
Also, Oscar got interfered with by the horse who finished 3rd, and the 4th-place rider lodged an objection against him. Horse was DQ'd from 3rd and placed 4th.
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mylute

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Oscar Performance Update

http://live.drf.com//nuggets/44408-osca ... n-kentucky

~ Hopefully there's nothing amiss. I was watching the race on NBC because I don't get TVG and I remember being concerned because Oscar was boxed in something awful and I thought "please don't clip heels with anyone big guy" and then he disappeared and never crossed the wire. Also hope Dona Bruja just had a bad day and isn't hurt because I swore she was gonna be pulled up.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Sparrow Castle

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:46 pm

From Facebook...

The Player
12 hrs ·
Exciting News: I talked to Dr. Chuck McCauley yesterday about the plans for Angus. He was X-rayed again yesterday showing that the healing continues and no screws were backing out. Now we have about 3 weeks worth of antibiotics left to give. Once those are finished then he would like to see how he does for 2 weeks after that off the meds. Of course X-rays will be taken every week. IF all is well after these next 5 weeks Dr. McCauley said we would then talk about him being released and coming back home to Indian Ridge Farm! His pain meds have been backed off and he is going for short walks and getting to graze some daily.
lurkey mclurker

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Wow, what great news! Keeping everything crossed for luck that he continues to do so well and can go home soon!
short_lead

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:27 pm

He's adorable! Four months in and he's still doing well, hope he can go home and have a great retirement soon. He'll have a fat ankle but who cares? Just a really neat horse.
Sparrow Castle

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Rood & Riddle Gives Oscar Performance Clean Bill of Health
After a battery of tests performed at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital found nothing wrong with Oscar Performance (Kitten’s Joy)–who was pulled up in last Saturday’s GI Arlington Million–the horse will soon resume training at Saratoga for trainer Brian Lynch.

Owner John Amerman told the TDN Wednesday that his horse will definitely race again.

With the latest news, what happened to Oscar Performance in the Million remains somewhat of a mystery. The 9-5 favorite was third early, but started to fade in the stretch and then was pulled up before the wire by jockey Jose Ortiz and vanned off the track.

“He had a tough trip,” Amerman said. “He was off a step slow and then got banged around a bit. When Jose got off the horse he told us he thought he sensed him take a couple bad steps and thought precaution was the better part of valor. That’s why he pulled him up.”
The 4-year-old was sent from Arlington to Rood & Riddle, where Dr. Larry Bramlage and his team were unable to find anything wrong with the colt.

“Dr. Bramlage first looked at him Tuesday morning and said he was perfectly sound,” Amerman said. “But he still wanted to do a bone scan, which was done [Wednesday] and look at the results of that. Again, there was nothing there.”
More: http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/ro ... -of-health
Sparrow Castle

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 am

From Facebook: On Aug 16 he was taken off all drugs....no change in lameness, heart rate, attitude, appetite. Now the "goof" is back...

The Player
9 hrs ·
Happy to receive this photo from LSU today!! Made me smile and actually made me a bit giddy.
lurkey mclurker

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

So glad to see he's feeling so well without the need for any pain meds! :mrgreen:
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Bowie was pulled up approaching the turn in the 5 1/2-furlong Smart N Fancy Stakes at Saratoga. She did not look steady on her feet in the last glimpse I had of her. :(
Le Beau Bai

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:55 pm
Bowie was pulled up approaching the turn in the 5 1/2-furlong Smart N Fancy Stakes at Saratoga. She did not look steady on her feet in the last glimpse I had of her. :(

@DRFGrening Chantelaine (9-2) wins the $100K Smart N Fancy. Bowie went wrong (left front) at the quarter pole. Julien Leparoux appears OK. Bowie unfortunately will be euthanized on the course

Very sad to see :( I only saw the race because I’d stayed up to see Chanteline run as I’ve followed her for years now.
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Sparrow Castle

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Devastating. Sending hugs to Jamie and and everyone connected to this beautiful girl.

Jaime Roth @Fijithegreat
41m41 minutes ago
I love you BOWIE you will always be my #1 blue eyed girl. I will miss you forever. First horse we’ve ever had to put down at the track and no one can ever prepare you for how I feel right now. I’m absolutely heartbroken. @LNJFoxwoods
Photo from DRF article in July 2016 when she broke her maiden.
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/ma ... but-score/