The VENT Thread

ElPrado2

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:57 pm

Boy, as much whining as I've been doing lately I should own the joint. Sometime last week, I managed to fall in the bathtub. Just bruised, nothing broken anywhere.
I already have a bad back. Right now, I am soaking in water hot enough to make pasta, in the same tub, because I have sciatica dancing up and down my hamstring, all the way to my toes. Why does everything have to be on my left side? I hope the naprosyn starts working soon, or I will be throwing cars around in the parking lot downstairs. Or at least their owners.
Aaahhh. Either the heat or the pill is starting to work. My neighbors don't know how lucky they are.🤕
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:41 am

Have you tried icing the area? I know that doesn't feel as good as a nice, hot bath, but it might reduce the inflammation that could be making your sciatica flare up.
ElPrado2

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:54 am

I'm alternating heat and ice. My daughter's best friend is an RN. I'm also on giant economy sized ibuprofen. One of my drs lives just down the street. If she can invite me to parties she can listen to me whine. I am now qualified to be a football player. I have a hamstring.🤕 It doesn't like me.
stark

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:50 am

I just don't get enough sleep on big race days.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
ElPrado2

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Sleep?
I wonder if Tampa General gives out frequent visitor prizes.
That cardiologist needs to give out door prizes. Give me anything resembling a water pill and you might as well reserve me a room. Good bye seizure meds.
He snuck one in. During the races I had 4 seizures. I was too stubborn to appear at TGH. Then after the hoopla was over I snuck in the shower. Had another one. I give. Back to my home away from home. Actually found someone able to get an IV in me. My arms are a mass of vein scars. Two bags of meds and a small pile of pills later, I meet an Arab nurse that wants me to date (at least) his father. I'm not even making this up. I think the nurse wants to adopt me as stepmom. He was planning double dates with his dad, without dad knowing, sneaking soda into my over night bag...
Definitely one of my stranger stays.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 pm

I've got a big wildfire to the west of me, and another to my northeast. Santa Ana winds are blowing hard from the north/northeast. Ugh.
Cats are wondering why I've hauled out so many clothes and covered my couch with to-go stuff.
I'm sleeping with my clothes on...if I sleep at all. :(
ElPrado2

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Back to the home away from home. Narrowed down to kidney stones. I've had them before, I'll have them again. That's what it finally decided to behave like. The light went on over my head this morning. You recognize that sensation. I'd rather be in labor. Must have knocked some loose in that fall.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:49 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
I've got a big wildfire to the west of me, and another to my northeast. Santa Ana winds are blowing hard from the north/northeast. Ugh.
Cats are wondering why I've hauled out so many clothes and covered my couch with to-go stuff.
Noticed you haven't posted yet today. Hoping and praying for the best for you and yours! Just saw a Tweet from Harris Auerbach that he has no idea if his house is okay in the Conejo Valley. These wildfires are horrible and devastating for so many. Yet another fire where it sprung up so fast and spread so quickly that people didn't have time to evacuate their horses and had to just release them. Please God, let us find a way to end this constant threat.
Catalina

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Hope you're OK!
ElPrado2

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Post if you get a chance, baroque. We are all thinking of you
Sparrow Castle

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1, at this point, I'm going to assume you're among the, what is it now, around 200,000 displaced by the fires. Still praying for safety for you and all that belongs to you. Hoping you'll soon be back home watching TVG, cuddling with your cats, and posting again!
Tessablue

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:06 am

Wishing you and yours the best, BaroqueAgain.
luvsgeldings

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:15 pm

yes, we hope you are safe and well Baroque. hope we hear from you again soon. I can smell the fires and see the sadly awful brown haze in the sky from all of the smoke and ash. its really heartbreaking when we watch our local news that shows all of the destruction these fires are causing here in our state. scary and sad. I am so sorry for all those who have been affected by this horror. but keeping up hope that we hear everything is ok with you, Baroque.
stark

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Zuma Beach in Malibu on Friday 11/09.

Sparrow Castle

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:02 am

Some but very few are being allowed back in, and the Woolsey Fire is still raging. I'm not sure exactly where BaroqueAgain lives, but for some reason I think it's SoCal. Hoping you're staying strong and feeling the love and prayers going your way, BaroqueAgain.

Rick Hammerle @AwayTheyGo
5h5 hours ago
Empire State Building lit Blue and Gold tonight in sympathy for those affected by the California Wildfires....Thanks for thinking of us...NYC. @ILoveNYPR #WoosleyFire #CaliforniaWildfires #BeSafe

California fire evacuees trickle back to deal with the ashes
The Schultz family can count themselves lucky.
They were among the more than 200,000 residents who were under mandatory evacuation orders as the Woolsey Fire, fed by hut, gusty winds known as the Santa Ana, rages in Southern California. It flared up on Thursday afternoon in the Simi Valley northwest of Los Angeles and has since burned 113,000 acres and is only 25 percent contained.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cali ... 3nfu7Hcbbs
Sparrow Castle

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:38 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Watching the coverage of the devastating CA fires on the news tonight, I decided to try to pinpoint where BaroqueAgain's home is located. She's (not sure why I assume "she" but always have) probably the most prolific poster on this Board and I really miss her and her contributions. I think that others feel the same. Our board may have gotten a bit impersonal over the last couple of years, but she is one of us and has been for a long time.

I used to be the Emergency Management contact for the agency I worked at and got used to reading Incident reports. Looking at the SoCal fire information, I think I found the fires that line up with Baroque's description above. Both the massive Woolsey Fire that started in the hills and burned all the way to Malibu and the Pacific Ocean and the Hill Fire started on November 8. Baroque posted on November 8 at 8:59 pm. It looks like the Hill Fire was to her west and the Woolsey Fire was to her northeast, with winds blowing her direction.

From her description, I think it's likely she evacuated because of the Woolsey Fire. It has burned a massive hole in the landscape as you can see in the map at the first link below. This report estimates there were 2 fatalities, but the evening news has reported 3. This report estimates 504 structures destroyed and 96 damaged. I'm sure those numbers will continue to rise as time goes by. The second link is the incident update that lists the incident locations. The Woolsey Fire is 57% contained, while the Hill Fire is 96% contained. I'm thankful she appears to have evacuated at the first alert. She's likely sheltered somewhere awaiting word that she can return home. It's got to be hard to stay sheltered for so long, sometimes those shelters are really uncomfortable, and not knowing if your home is still standing. Stay strong, BaroqueAgain, my heart goes out to you!
http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/in ... nt_id=2282
http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/admin8327985 ... 2_4237.pdf
Catalina

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:38 am
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Watching the coverage of the devastating CA fires on the news tonight, I decided to try to pinpoint where BaroqueAgain's home is located. She's (not sure why I assume "she" but always have) probably the most prolific poster on this Board and I really miss her and her contributions. I think that others feel the same. Our board may have gotten a bit impersonal over the last couple of years, but she is one of us and has been for a long time.

I used to be the Emergency Management contact for the agency I worked at and got used to reading Incident reports. Looking at the SoCal fire information, I think I found the fires that line up with Baroque's description above. Both the massive Woolsey Fire that started in the hills and burned all the way to Malibu and the Pacific Ocean and the Hill Fire started on November 8. Baroque posted on November 8 at 8:59 pm. It looks like the Hill Fire was to her west and the Woolsey Fire was to her northeast, with winds blowing her direction.

From her description, I think it's likely she evacuated because of the Woolsey Fire. It has burned a massive hole in the landscape as you can see in the map at the first link below. This report estimates there were 2 fatalities, but the evening news has reported 3. This report estimates 504 structures destroyed and 96 damaged. I'm sure those numbers will continue to rise as time goes by. The second link is the incident update that lists the incident locations. The Woolsey Fire is 57% contained, while the Hill Fire is 96% contained. I'm thankful she appears to have evacuated at the first alert. She's likely sheltered somewhere awaiting word that she can return home. It's got to be hard to stay sheltered for so long, sometimes those shelters are really uncomfortable, and not knowing if your home is still standing. Stay strong, BaroqueAgain, my heart goes out to you!
http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/in ... nt_id=2282
http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/admin8327985 ... 2_4237.pdf
I hope to God that you are right and that she and the cats made it out of there and to safe shelter.
WarBiscuit

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Hoping that BaroqueAgain and her family are safe and sound, as well. I've found myself checking in here frequently as of late to see if there is any word - hoping for the best possible outcome.

Speaking of our TBC people, I'm wondering if anyone has heard from PJMIII lately? I am missing his posts too. Have not heard from him since last summer when we changed to the new format, and I hope that he is OK. He's a good man, and like others here, he supplied us with a steady stream of useful and helpful information.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Sparrow Castle

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:25 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Hoping that BaroqueAgain and her family are safe and sound, as well. I've found myself checking in here frequently as of late to see if there is any word - hoping for the best possible outcome.

Speaking of our TBC people, I'm wondering if anyone has heard from PJMIII lately? I am missing his posts too. Have not heard from him since last summer when we changed to the new format, and I hope that he is OK. He's a good man, and like others here, he supplied us with a steady stream of useful and helpful information.

WarBiscuit
Yeah, PJMIII was a frequent poster who I also miss. It seems like a lot of people haven't returned since the board came back up. We've got a lot of new posters though and for that I'm glad. Maybe it's normal turnover. Some of us are getting up in years and our circumstances change over time.

I used to never go into this section of the forum because of time limitations. Then I heard Slewbopper had died and he had posted about his illness here. I felt so bad I hadn't responded to those posts that I now try very hard to look in all the threads, even though sometimes it's just skimming as a catch-up thing. I hope PMJ is well and just occupied with other things now.
stark

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:44 am

In terms of sheer volume, the top 4 posters here are now all MIA.

BaroqueAgain1 9879
PJMIII 9550
Somnambulist 7382
dustino140 5206