Justify

Re: Justify

Postby Treve » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:49 pm

No harm no foul!
It can be hard to guess sometimes, probably doesn't help that I don't spend much time in the horsing around area! :D

To bring it back to the topic at hand, I hope Justify will run again but I imagine depending on what the issue is, if any, he might run his BCC prep (if that's still the end goal) on the west coast instead of going Haskell-Travers.
(Also thanks for the info about the weight Bal, not sure why Baffert was claiming he lost weight? Sometimes his 'lies' make sense sometimes they're just plain odd.)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Catalina » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Treve wrote:No harm no foul!
It can be hard to guess sometimes, probably doesn't help that I don't spend much time in the horsing around area! :D

To bring it back to the topic at hand, I hope Justify will run again but I imagine depending on what the issue is, if any, he might run his BCC prep (if that's still the end goal) on the west coast instead of going Haskell-Travers.
(Also thanks for the info about the weight Bal, not sure why Baffert was claiming he lost weight? Sometimes his 'lies' make sense sometimes they're just plain odd.)

I wouldn't rule out that Justify will miss his BCC prep, but then runs in the BCC anyway. To win if it can be done easily, else using the BCC as a prep for the Pegasus.
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Isn't it possible that Justify did lose some weight right after the Belmont, but then put it right back on?
From things I've read, the big colt has an appetite like a Rose Bowl football team chowing down at Lawry's pre-game all-you-can-eat fest. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:01 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Isn't it possible that Justify did lose some weight right after the Belmont, but then put it right back on?
From things I've read, the big colt has an appetite like a Rose Bowl football team chowing down at Lawry's pre-game all-you-can-eat fest. :lol:

Certainly, and it's also possible/probable that Bob relies on his eyes much of the time rather than an official weighing in ceremony.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Ballerina » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Isn't it possible that Justify did lose some weight right after the Belmont, but then put it right back on?

It's quite possible that he lost weight after the Belmont. That was 5 weeks ago. I only posted the info to show that he no longer is suffering fro that problem. Are there other problems? Who knows.
Ballerina

Postby stark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Ballerina wrote: Are there other problems? Who knows.

Bob and Elliott
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Curtis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:48 pm

stark wrote:

Bob and Elliott

Ah, things were much simpler when it was Bob and Mike--and a whole lot more entertaining. ;) Now, ironically, things are just real quiet.
Curtis

Postby WarBiscuit » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:08 pm

stark wrote:

Bob and Elliott

I'm guessing it's more Kenny and Elliott, than Bob...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby PJMIII » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 am

Doing the Smarty thing with Justify

Okay, so it’s more than a scratch. The reported filling in the left-front ankle of Triple Crown winner and Maxim cover boy Justify is a long way from his heart, but it is enough to tap the brakes on any excitement for possible heroics through the remainder of the year.

http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-doing-sm ... ng-justify
PJMIII

Postby Plenilune » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Breeders’ Cup Classic 2018 odds: Justify off the board

"In the most recent update of 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic odds from the Wynn Las Vegas, Triple Crown winner Justify has been removed from the board."

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... _board_123

Wonder what this is all about? Just a precaution?
Plenilune

PreviousNext

Return to Racing