2018 Preakness Stakes

Re: 2018 Preakness Stakes

Postby BigDonOKC » Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Tessablue wrote:The 2007 Belmont was probably the greatest race I've seen in person, and definitely the most satisfying. I've never had that many dudes patronize me in one day and that's really saying something. I'm so glad Rags shut them all up that day.

The 2007 TC was such an incredible series of races.

I love the race to played only $300.00 that day - straight rags -curlin- hardspun.. tidgo
only got the ex it paid $2800.00 thanks to GG pulling HS up going to wire.

most people don't know why she won even after such a bad trip - first she had proven she was faster- second her full brother did and so did her old man.
BigDonOKC

Postby luvsgeldings » Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Rags to Riches ran one of the best races I have ever seen in her Belmont win - she went down to her nose at the start - was wide on both turns - very wide on the last turn - and then after all that.... had to have a stretch battle with Curlin - in a mile and a half race - that was so exciting.

we had been watching her run here at santa anita - so we were already big fans of hers, she was fun to watch. but we felt so bad for Garrett Gomez. he didn't ride her in the Belmont. johnny V did an outstanding job that day though. such a shame she had that injury not long after and had to be retired. she was something.
luvsgeldings

Postby katmandu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:most people don't know why she won even after such a bad trip - first she had proven she was faster- second her full brother did and so did her old man.

Jazil was by Seeking the Gold. She went off as the 2nd favorite, perhaps they were on to something. ;)
katmandu

Postby middleground » Thu May 17, 2018 7:33 pm

katmandu wrote:He's in with the big fishes, but I will say Tenfold look terrific galloping over the slop this morning, letting his inner Curlin shine in the mud.

https://www.xbtv.com/video/tc18/tenfold ... 17th-2018/

I just watched that workout. He's a heck of a looker.
middleground

Postby Spahny » Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 pm

I can see Tenfold moving very forwardly off of his Ark Derby race.

Hopefully they aren't running on a lake Saturday.
Spahny

Postby MySaladDays » Thu May 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Kennedy wrote:I'm drawn towards Bravazo. I think the biggest surprise in the Derby was that he didn't suck. He should have but he didn't.

Bravazo could be Oxbow 2.0, similar campaigns and pedigree features. Just as Good Magic could be Exaggertor 2.0.

I'll take Tenfold

I saw him 2x at OP and put him in my virtual stable. Asmussen had both the dam and sire, so he knows this type, I'm thinking this one could end up being Gun Runner 2.0. I have him pegged on a number of my own "weird" pedigree angles as well for the slop.
Last edited by MySaladDays on Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MySaladDays

Postby MySaladDays » Thu May 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Tessablue wrote:Lukas has mentioned sending Bravazo. Between the two he appears more likely to make an impact early, but who knows with Sporting Chance. Hopefully he stays five wide and far back throughout.

Seems like everyone is "saying" they are sending,. Ortiz said he saw this as a match race, so I guess he is sending, too?
MySaladDays

Postby tcw » Thu May 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Tessablue wrote:Lukas has mentioned sending Bravazo. Between the two he appears more likely to make an impact early, but who knows with Sporting Chance. Hopefully he stays five wide and far back throughout.

I doubt SC stays the same number wide throughout, whatever number that may be. He starts out five wide and could end up fifteen wide. Lukas tends to like his horses to get out early, so I just hope SC doesn't interfere with any others. Frankly, Lukas is always there with bells on so to speak for the TC events, but imo there are serious safety concerns with this horse in the race given he's gone sideways more than once in the past.
tcw

Postby BigDonOKC » Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:Rags to Riches ran one of the best races I have ever seen in her Belmont win - she went down to her nose at the start - was wide on both turns - very wide on the last turn - and then after all that.... had to have a stretch battle with Curlin - in a mile and a half race - that was so exciting.

we had been watching her run here at santa anita - so we were already big fans of hers, she was fun to watch. but we felt so bad for Garrett Gomez. he didn't ride her in the Belmont. johnny V did an outstanding job that day though. such a shame she had that injury not long after and had to be retired. she was something.

Don't feel sorry for GG he pull his horse up because they would not let him out of his contract to rider her so he keep the trainer and owner from a pay day they only paid to 3rd.
back then.
BigDonOKC

Postby BigDonOKC » Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:Rags to Riches ran one of the best races I have ever seen in her Belmont win - she went down to her nose at the start - was wide on both turns - very wide on the last turn - and then after all that.... had to have a stretch battle with Curlin - in a mile and a half race - that was so exciting.

Don't feel sorry for GG he pull his horse up because they would not let him out of his contract to rider her so he keep the trainer and owner from a pay day they only paid to 3rd.
back then.
BigDonOKC

PreviousNext

Return to Racing