When it rains it pours

ElPrado2

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Friday, my nephew suffered a similar injury to Espinoza.
He was riding an ATV. Managed to wreck it. ATV is totalled.
Nephew, Corey, broke vertabra in neck. My brother Jim is in fits over it. The injury is similar to Espinoza's, there is still movement but there is numbness in his neck, shoulders and arms. He will stay in Va until swelling is down, then be transported to Tampa for surgery or whatever. Tampa has one of the top neuro teams in the country.
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:46 am

I hope your nephew heals completely, EP2.
Della

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 am

I hope your nephew is doing OK and making progress. Please keep us posted.
ElPrado2

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Corey is back in Tampa. Surgery is likely, he still has numbness in arms and shoulders. He does have movement.
Don't think this brat is a kid. He's close to 30. Just never forced to grow up. His mommy's daddy is a millionaire. Mommy is off playing in Italy. That side of the family doesn't want to know me. I make my living around deep, dark pool rooms with "scruffs" --- her words.
I play against the people that were on TV a few years back. Beat them, too.
ElPrado2

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Freaking dumb louts.
I am furious. I going to wind up in Tampa General Hospital again. Dr A is a cardiologist. I have water build up in my ankles. Well, he'll fix that! Among other things, but he knows how to fix that... shove water pills down my throat. Don't look in my records too far, he might find out too much.
Send me home. Don't tell Neurology I've wandered through. It's not like they won't be told eventually. But right now Dr A would like to keep it a secret. This way he can pat himself on the back for fixing something.
Send me home with a handful of scrips all proud of himself.
So of course, my dilantin decided to go make Tampa Bay seizure free via a tortuous route through the Tampa sewer plant. Doesn't do me much good, but no flounders will have a seizure tonight.
And don't tell me it can't happen that way.
It already did exactly that once.
ElPrado2

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Good news. No seizure. However, I managed to spot which pill wasn't going to work quite like the Dr thought it would, called Dr B, and got told not to take it. I swear, when you know more than your illustrious cardiologist, you can make a good living with a flatfish fishing business.
Catalina

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:19 pm

ElPrado2 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Good news. No seizure. However, I managed to spot which pill wasn't going to work quite like the Dr thought it would, called Dr B, and got told not to take it. I swear, when you know more than your illustrious cardiologist, you can make a good living with a flatfish fishing business.
Frustrating.